[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this.... good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg (262 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Dinosaur_Promo_Art_03.jpg
262 KB, 817x1200
Was this.... good?
>>
>>71512861
Standard kiddie film with nice visuals.
Completely forgettable but if you need something to bond with the kids over, it's a good choice.
>>
>>71512905
I felt it tugged at the heart strings way too much and the protagonist wasn't very likable. You're right about the visuals though, perhaps the focused on them a little too much.
>>
>>71512861
The clouds looked fantastic. Literally everything else was bad to mediocre.
>>
>>71512861
This one gets a bad rap, but I found it to be pretty damn good. My 2 year old had been dying to see it ever since he started seeing images of that dinosaur and saw the trailer. We saw it 2.5 times at the theater, and I've since seen it countless times since. The first time I saw it I was underwhelmed, but it has grown on me since then.
The landscapes are the most realistic Pixar has ever created in a feature length. I actually think that Piper (the short before Finding Dory) looks even better.
As many of its detractors have noted, the story is conventional. Think The Lion King, or more appropriately The Land Before Time. However, I think that most reviewer's expectations going into a Pixar movie is that they are going to see a fresh new type of story, and when they see the same type of story they've seen before they feel like its a let-down. But there's a reason these stories keep getting told over and over again. Losing a parent, feeling different, inadequate and alone, finding a friend and going on adventures - these are things that both kids and adults can relate almost on an equal emotional level.
Standout moments - Hallucinogenic berries, Spot & Arlo communicating with each other about their lost families, Sam Elliot as a T-Rex.
>>
This film honestly pisses me off.

That cave baby is totally responsible for the death of the dinosaur's father and consequentially the mother dinosaur's weakness.

Throughout the whole movie that cave baby is completely unrepentant and it just made me want to see the dinosaur bash in its skull even more.

When the final twist occurs where the film wants you to sympathise with the cave baby, I felt like jamming my fist through the monitor.
>>
>>71513283
>We saw it 2.5 times at the theater
you walked out on the 3rd showing?
>>
>>71513464
First showing. My 2 year old boy had to take a piss halfway through. I take him to piss. He wants to go home. We get home. Now he wants to finish the movie.
Fuckin 2 year olds, man.
We went again the next weekend and the weekend after that.
>>
>>71513349
>Father stubbornly decides to hunt the cave baby during a dangerous thunderstorm to teach his son a lesson
>Father decides to take a path alongside a treacherous river, ignoring as his son struggles to keep up
>Father is barely able to save his son's life as rising waters / rapidly incoming water engulfs him and he dies
>Cave baby is nowhere around to witness any of these events

Yeah man, that cave baby was totally responsible. Have no idea why they didn't portray him as apologetic or repentant.
>>
>>71513283
>But there's a reason these stories keep getting told over and over again
The difference is, Pixar usually does something interesting with them.
Here, it just says "hey, what if we do 'a boy and his doh', but the boy is a dinosaur and the dog is a boy?!"
>>
You know you've fucked up when people are sincerely complimenting the scenery.
>>
>>71516092
Funny, but the scenery genuinely is good. But the main characters are all atrocious, all because they wanted to save a few shekels on toy production.
>>
>>71512905

Perfect choice to watch with my wife's son then.
>>
File: 1466948811943.jpg (18 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1466948811943.jpg
18 KB, 350x335
>>71516707
Fucking kek
>>
>>71513555
>taking a 2 year old to watch the electric jew

kill yourself
>>
>Dad is voiced by a black actor
>rest of the family is white voice actors

dropped
>>
>>71516905
>>71516938
wonder where this lad came from?
>>
>>71512861
It's pretty decent. I found it more emotionally resonant than Inside Out and the scenery really is amazing. What ultimately let's the film down is it's third act.
>>
>>71512861
it was shit and embarrassing for pixar. Went through many rewrites and its not suprising it was that bad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.