[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Bootstrap Bill", you are a liar and will spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
File: Image-1428955984.jpg (274 KB, 1182x802) Image search: [Google]
Image-1428955984.jpg
274 KB, 1182x802
>"Bootstrap Bill", you are a liar and will spend an eternity on this ship! Master Turner, feel free to go ashore...the very next time we make port!
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71512036
He makes port like once a decade if at all.
>>
>>71512086
why does it take so long to make an alcoholic beverage?
>>
>>71512036
He meant that due to the fact that "Bootstrap" Bill Turner had lied to him, he would have to spend eternity on the ship.

However the second part of the statement is an attempt at black comedy, while Master (Will) Turner is allowed to go ashore, it is stated in the film that the Flying Dutchman only makes port once every ten years.
>>
It pissed me off that Davy Jones' ship is shown to mostly travel by diving under water but when Will is on the Flying Dutchman, they never go under. Were they staying on the surface level to accommodate one guy that can't breath under water?
>>
>>71512135
Watch the third movie pham
>>
>>71512114
You could drink it earlier but since Davy Jones is a pirate captain he likes only the finest port, which requires letting age for at least a decade.
>>
>>71512154
I've seen it. What's your point?
>>
>>71512206
This coming out of the water thing is coming out of that end of the world hell thingy. They aren't a submarine.
Why else would they sail ever?
>>
Pirates is unironically good movies

Kraken is GOAT
>>
>>71512114
Port must be vintage dated and fermented in its bottle.
Davey Jones will sell no wine before its time.
>>
File: Leviathan.png (21 KB, 402x382) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.png
21 KB, 402x382
>>71512248
>tfw no Leviathan movie
>>
>>71512250
Port doesn't ferment in bottle, dickbag. It's barrel aged, like whiskey. That's why ports will be "20 year", "40 year" etc. Ports with vintages on them are just made from grapes from that year, rather than a blend of multiple years. It'l still be barrel aged.
>>
File: 1464644971970.jpg (18 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
1464644971970.jpg
18 KB, 365x363
>picks up Bill's cup to show his dice, and THEN calls him a liar
>nobody called him out on his cheating
>>
>>71512248
>they killed the Kraken off-screen between films
Pissed me off. So anticlimactic.
>>
>>71512036
They should bring back Nighy as the normal pirate he was, that we saw a glimpse of in At Worlds End.

Dead Men Tell No Tales baddy is a dude with "ghosts" on his ship, would be great if Nighys character was cursed with serving as some squire on his ship or whatever.
>>
>>71512114
And why isn't Will allowed off until then?
>>
>>71512036
I'm drinking right now and might stick on these disneykino flicks, last time I watched these and got drunk though I ended up in the back of a police van being taken home.

#yoho
>>
>>71512135
Will comes from under the sea when he's resurrected.
>>
britbong here, what wine should I buy from our shit shops to get some comfy pirate feels. sainsburys or SPAR are the options?
>>
What went so fucking right with this trilogy?
>>
what was that game they played? i still don't understand how it works..
it seemed rigged
>>
>>71512437
rum obviously, and a whole roast chicken to eat with your hands
>>
File: kill 2.jpg (89 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
kill 2.jpg
89 KB, 500x417
>>71512356
Fucking this, it enraged me a lot, I actually screamed "YOU WHAT" when I saw the movie for the first time.

So many fucking years waiting for a big sea creature and they do that shit.

Still the third movie was pretty good.

Does anyone has any info on the next movie?
>>
>>71512481
I gotta be pissed first to drink rum, faggot I know. I havnt eaten in 4 days, but the fucking hot food part in our sainsburys has been closed and covered up.
>>
>>71512462

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liar%27s_dice
>>
>>71512501
Yeah. They could have atleast showed us the british baddy guy telling Jones to kill it or something.

In terms of plot? Some scientist girl is researching "powers of the sea" which is a trident to control the waves etc, a big bad Ghost Pirate is also looking for it, cue Jacky boy getting involved. He mentioned it at the end of the fourth flick.
>>
>>71512321
Mate, you serious?
>>
>tfw rigette and pintetti arnt in the black pearl in the bottle with the monkey
>tfw no scene fifth movie having Jack get the ship out the bottle, going straight to the drink cellar, only to open it and pintetti and regetti having drank it all drunk off their tits

;(
>>
>>71512554
>He mentioned it at the end of the fourth flick.
That's what he meant when he said he knows someone who would make his ship grow? For fucks sake can't we have ONE fucking movie with him ACTUALLY commanding the Black Pearl? Also why isn't he searching for the trident to get the immortality he wants? Hell they could even pull it off a plot where the ghost ship escaped the Bermuda triangle and only the trident would kill the guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 1242x1226) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 1242x1226
they should start filming another flick now Depps looking Piratey again.

I wish they made a movie a year. There really comfy flicks.
>>
>>71512625
He mentions something that can control the sea itself or something at the end as well as knowing someone who can get the ship out the bottle.

I reckon he'll have the ship in the movie, it'd be nice to have him back in full control.

Hopefully they won't meme the movie and have him losing it AS SOON AS he gets it out the Boyle -_-
>>
>>71512625
i don't think he wants immortality, also I like the theory that Jack still stole a piece of that Aztec Gold after the first movie.

i think he's immortal already and just doesn't know it. but that would counter act him always being "drunk" and shit, who knows.
>>
>>71512625
>>71512659
Oh yeah I forgot they are bringing Turner back, and that would fit perfectly with the last option I mentioned. The Salazar ghost is a really big threat, Calypso orders Will to fight him but only the Trident can actually kill him, would make perfect sense.

Btw the Balckbeard makes a Trident mark on Jack in the fourth movie.
>>
>>71512690
hell yeah

I know some folk didn't like Will, but they were in the first movies and it only feels right. Plus him being "Davy Jones" this immorta sea pirate is pretty cool..

although isn't he somewhat finished with that? has it been 10 years since the third movie because Elizabeth stayed faithful to him, maybe Bootstrap Bill took over for him.
>>
>>71512510
make grog by mixing water and rum
>>
>>71512686
Nigga please, he has been searching for immortality since the very first movie, probably the only reason why he went after the Aztec gold was because he heard rumors that it would grant him immortality, as it actually did. But the price was too high so he didn't want that.

Same thing with the Davy Jones Heart and the Aqua de Vida. The price of immortality is a pretty big theme on the entire series.
>>
>>71512733
bit of spit too?
>>
>>71512753
and a little dash of lime juice
>>
>>71512751
he does say "whose to say I'm not ey" "jack sparrow, discoverer of the fountain of youth".

he's content now with being a legend than a living legend.
>>
>>71512036
>not just letting his goons carry him around in his water bucket on land whenever he pleases
Such stupid movies
>>
File: 1466487543590.png (37 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1466487543590.png
37 KB, 560x407
>The Flying Dutchman
>doesn't fly
>>
>>71512730
That piece after the credits might not be on the movie's correct chronology, it was probably the director saying "hey look, Will actually got his sorta happy ending".

And the deal with being the captain of the Flying Dutchman is that it grants you immortality and the eternal servitude to Calypso. Which is why Jack was apprehensive about taking the opportunity.
>>
couldn't stand to watch even 30 minutes of the 4th movie

>no Whelp or Ms. Swan, as annoying as they are, they are essential to the plot
>Jack's openly some sort of "genius" now and not even subtle about it anymore
>>
>>71512819
>Davey Jones Locker
>No Lockers in sight
>>
>>71512510
Holy shit you are such a little bitch. Drik rum like a fucking pirate, as you asked. Drink Captain Morgan if you're actually a woman. Roast yourself a chicken, don't rely on Sainsbury's minimum wage workers to do it for you. 10 minutes prep, 1.5hours cook time, if that.
>>
>>71512791
I'm doubtful but it's possible they'll shift the focus of the theme to something else.

I just hope that this time they won't get rid of the cool ships offscreen. Barbossa is coming back and if they took away the Revenge from him I'll be mad as fuck again.

>>71512819
Now that I think of it I'm sure that at some point they'll get an actual flying ship. Each movie introduced a ship with a different power, the black pearl is the fastest ship there is, the Flying is able to teleport, Revenge obeys that sword's master. I'm curious of what the ghost ship will do.
>>
>>71512823
yeah I was thinking that, there could have been five Jack adventures during that 10 years later scene.

and true, it was blatent that Jack wouldn't ferry the dead and end up like Davey Jones.
>>
File: 1466730269200.jpg (25 KB, 300x407) Image search: [Google]
1466730269200.jpg
25 KB, 300x407
Get Bill on board, I'll call Neptune.
>>
>>71512321

Bill purposely made a bullshit call that everyone at the table and watching knew couldn't be possible, didn't matter when he picked up Bill's cup.

Good game, glad I understand it a bit more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piGg5ZrmoQA
>>
>>71512890
ffs ok m8

dunno when I'll move I just found a bottle of shitty rosè. I have some of those shitty despersable BBQ kits as wel, dis gunna be gud.
>>
>>71512885
I genuinely would think this everytime. I always pictured it being an actual locker, that had a Dr Who Tardis kind of thing too it, and it being at the bottom of the ocean.
>>
File: laugh 23.jpg (17 KB, 324x310) Image search: [Google]
laugh 23.jpg
17 KB, 324x310
>>71512929
kek

Also something to notice is that neptune is the god of the sea, which is weird since they sail around the world. The master of the Ocean was actually the Titan, imagine, Ocean, who was one of the Titans that didn't die during the Titanomachy.
>>
>>71512866
it kind of dragged too, felt like filler.

the scenes with Barbosa and Jack make it watchable and it's a beautiful movie. Ian McShane as Blackbeard was good, but they could have made him more scary and evil.

Could have done without mermaid girl, church boy and Angelica, she isn't even in the fifth movie. The fuck was the point? They keep losing cast members each movie. Thank fuck Geoffrey Rush keeps coming back.
>>
>>71512866
He was always an insane Genius, the third movie shows this perfectly, he has a multiple personality disorder mixed with schizophrenia, so he literally has 3 or 4 minds thinking about any problem at any given time, which is why he's a god of improvisation.

>>71513020
Definitely the worst movie of the series, but I don't think it was bad, they established some good points like the relationship between Jack and his father, the fact that his father has some weird Hocus Pocus going on, they've shown a new setting, the eurpean continent, they've shown that Jack MIGHT actually get a LI at some point, but in the end the only thing important in the movie was the trident mark that Blackbeard made on Jack.
>>
>>71513020
Geoffrey Rush is probably the most legite piratey-pirate in the whole franchise
>>
>>71513204
with Depp now looking good again, hopefully they just fucking film about ten more back to back, Geoffrey Rush will literally ALWAYS come back. And I welcome that.

as long as they have fresh stories I want more maynn. if they cba making more movies, I hope we get a well developed video game or some shit.
>>
File: potc4barbossa[1].jpg (35 KB, 767x328) Image search: [Google]
potc4barbossa[1].jpg
35 KB, 767x328
>>71513204
Rush as a privateer was the best of the fourth flick tobehonest.
>>
>>71513495
He looked so old and sick on the fourth movie, never really understood why.
>>
>>71512036
Now that will is new davey jones, will he turn into a squid?
>>
>>71513797
no because he actually helps souls pass on instead of davey who didn't which is why he and his crew were fished

or something along those lines i don't remember
>>
>>71513797

I think the whole squid deformity thing was just Jones' own bitterness corrupting himself and leaking on to the crew, when Will takes over the crew stop being fishmen
>>
>>71513495
Where did his leg go?
>>
>>71513916
Blackbeard captured the Pearl and did his Ships rope thing with the crew, Barbossa chopped his left off to escape.
>>
>>71513730

Powdered wig and that gay ass makeup.
>>
>Jerry Bruckheimer gave strict instructions to casting directors that actresses auditioning for the mermaid roles must have natural breasts. During shooting of their scenes, they were not allowed outside until dusk in order to avoid spoiling their make-up.

thank you based Jerry.
>>
Is Kraken one of the greatest CGI monsters post-9/11?

No joke.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 584x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 584x389
>>71513730
He did have washed off white make up a lot throughout.
>>
File: revving.jpg (152 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
revving.jpg
152 KB, 500x700
Daily reminder that Davy Jones is still the best CG work Lucasfilm has ever done to this date.
>>
>>71513956
Why not just cut the rope and jump ship?
>>
File: Witch hunter.jpg (383 KB, 1146x1599) Image search: [Google]
Witch hunter.jpg
383 KB, 1146x1599
BLACK SCREEN.

Norrington (V.O)
Cutler Beckett was needed. He was
everything the Caribbean has been crying
out for. He was...a hero. Not the
hero we deserved - the hero we
needed. Nothing less than an officer,
leading...

The sound of Oars. Rowing. A shape appears, in water.
The shape of a Kraken. The water evaporates...
EXT. PORT ROYAL STREET - DAY
Norrington stands before a massive picture of cutler Beckett.

Norrington
But I knew Cutler Beckett. I was...his
Soldier. And it will be a very long
time before someone inspires us the
way he did.
Norrington, choked with emotion, gathers the papers of his
eulogy.
I believed in Cutler Beckett.

FADE TO BLACK.

CUT TO:

Racing along the mucky water, and we are -
INT. Small ship sails towards large Frigate over jostling water

Three Hooded Men guarded by Southern Sea Pirates in red
Pirate drives. Next to him is a nervous man.

>working on this right now
Anyone want to see me finish?
>>
>>71515233
>Anyone want to see me finish?

Fuck no, go away.
>>
>>71514562
It was blackbeards ship with his sword powers, the rope was probably some strong shit. It was probably wrapped all around and up passed his knee too.

-\___:)___/-
>>
>>71515383
at least give me an idea for who dr pavel should be
>>
>>71515233
yeah boy keep going
>>
>>71515430
FADE TO BLACK.

CUT TO:

Racing along the mucky water, and we are -
INT. Small ship sails towards large Frigate over jostling water

Three Hooded Men guarded by Southern Sea Pirates in red
Pirate drives. Next to him is a nervous man.
EXT. Frigate, Central Caribbean - DAY

A frigate overlooking a grey city rocked by cannon
fire. A bland EIC Operative, flanked by Special Forces Men,
stands in front of a Frigate, on a small boat.EIC Man watches the
other small boat pull up, hard. The Pirates jump out of the
boat.
The Captain shoves the bespectacled man in front of the EIC
Man.

EIC MAN
Dr. Pavel, I'm EIC.
Dr. Pavel nods, nervous. EIC Man hands the Captain a
pouch of coins.
Captain
He wasn't alone.
EIC Man, confused, spots the Hooded Men. He turns to Dr.
Pavel.
EIC MAN
You don't get to bring friends.

DR. PAVEL

(SHAKEN)
They are not my friends.

Captain
Don't worry, no charge for them.

EIC MAN
Why would I want them?

DRIVER
They were trying to grab your
prize. (Smiles.) They work for the
Undertaker. The Monstrous man.
EIC MAN

(EXCITED)
Dave?
The Captain nods. EIC Man turns to his Special Forces Men.

>obligatory splitter line
What name should pavel have
>>
>>71515474
ffs
>>
>>71512356
Wait they kill it? I thought it just ate jack, brought him to the locker, and then went back down in hiding or whatever. Who killed it?
>>
>>71513224
Sea of thieves is looking pretty good friend. A bit cartoony graphics, but looks like the most legit pirate game ever
>>
>>71515474
bravo
>>
>>71516040
it also seems massively limited.

in an e3 interview when asked how many people will be on the map, they literally dodged it in a retarded way.

it's probably 8 on a map or something. does it even have pirate towns and shit? it's going to be a shit downgrade when it's released, all those e3 hyped up Microsoft games are. It happens every year.
>>
>>71515861
isn't it implied that angry British man orders Davey Jones to kill it? he has his heart etc.

Jack and co find it washed up dead on an island.
>>
>>71515474
>>71515233
im going to format and finish this shit, ill post it on one of the boards later
>>
>>71512627
Uhhhh aren't they making one right now?
>>
>>71512114
Because he prefers to drink Sailer Jerry
>>
>>71516649
they are. it's called "Dead Men Tell No Tales"

Set to be released May 27, next year.
>>
>>71516649
they've already filmed Dead Men Tell No Tales.
>>
>>71512036
First is GOAT. Other two are good. Fourth is so fucking bad, nothing works in that movie.
>>
>>71516817
>>71516948
is it still true that they were filming a fifth and sixth movie back to back?

doesn't seem like DMTNT was filming for that long, I suppose now Depps in his zone again they'll start on the sixth.
>>
>>71512036
I forgot gow good tgis fucking dialogue was

> it would seen not even the great jack sparrow can best the devil

> I always wished I could sail the seas forever....

-sooner thab ya think ;)

> do u trust us to act in your stead??

-I trust you know what il happeb to you if ya fail!
>>
crikey, Depps salary for On Stranger Tides was 55mil.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.