[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: louie.jpg (58 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
louie.jpg
58 KB, 500x304
Memes aside, is this any good?
>>
>>71509411
great show, first three seasons are great
>>
>>71509411
yes, starts off as a comedy show but then kind of turns into just a sad/dramatic looks at this poor fuckers life. and it gets better with each season aside from maybe the last one. People will say he's a cuck or some shit but he's a good director and writer, he hasnt had 5 seasons, 3 emmy wins and 22 nominations for nothing.
>>
>>71509411
C O M E D Y K I N O
>>
its pretty fuckin good, desu
>>
>>71509525
maybe watch season 4 episode 11 and 12 (it's a 2 parter) if you havent seen any of the show. They give a good indication of where the show goes.
>>
I've only seen one episode, and it was pretty okay until he goes into this room with these other people, locks the door then pulls his pants down and starts masturbating, making sure to be in front of the door to keep the people from being able to leave. It was very awkward, came out of nowhere and didn't feel comedic. It was kind of embarrassing when that happened because I was watching it with my wife and her son.
>>
>>71509411
Yeah, it's good. It's kinda like Seinfeld: a comic and his daily struggle. But it's darker and bitter.
>>
>>71509604
its not comedic like IASIP or something like that, more cringe humor i'd say, kind of like you're laughing at how pathetic this dude is. But i agree, in that episode she makes him do weird shit if i remember correctly and just made me pity the dude. Looking back it's funny but in the moment it's kinda like wtf is he doing, have some self respect
>>
>>71509411
Didn't really work for me, personally. It's like watching Seinfeld except the only character is George. Every episode is about his constant failure and emasculation. I watched a handful of seasons and around the time some barfly slammed his head through a glass pane and made him eat her diseased vagina out, I just lost interest.

Still, it's popular enough that I'm clearly in the minority.
>>
File: Louis Cuck King.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Louis Cuck King.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>>71509411
>memes aside
>>
I liked the first season, was kinda bored through the second season (although the episode with Stanhope was great), and I don't even remember if I saw the third one.

It just felt like he was trying to show me something meaningful and I wasn't getting it.
>>
It's not very good. It has some okay jokes, but is fucking overflowing with shitty themes like white guilt and bending over backwards to please minorities.
Like the guy gets into fights with his friends claiming white people have some invisible privilege that they can never get rid of in the show, and he's not joking about it.
Also it's cringey as shit
>Cop saves him one episode from getting beat up
>Asks the cop how he can thank him
>Cop turns out to be gay, wants a kiss
>Says no at first
>Cops feelings are hurt
>"Well, I guess I don't have a reason not to kiss you, if it will make you happy"
>Kisses him
That's it, the end. No fucking joke. Just kiss gay dudes because they ask you to, don't want to hurt their feewlings
>>
File: louienightmare.gif (1016 KB, 268x163) Image search: [Google]
louienightmare.gif
1016 KB, 268x163
>>71509525
>it gets better with each season aside from maybe the last one.
I liked the last season.
>>
>>71509782
i liked the season apart from the last 2 episodes when he is on the road, it was alright but just not on par with everything else

Also, that episode is so fucking weird and whatever that is.. is stuff of nightmares
>>
I won't lie - the episode where the woman's wearing the baseball cap and doing... uh, unsavoury things to Louis... that somewhat aroused me
>>
>>71509782
I can't be the only one who noped out pretty hard during the nightmare episode. Came so close to what dreams really feel like.
>>
>>71509901
came close to it, hate jump scares
>>
>>71509971
For me it was the whole thing leading up to it too
>a normal scene
>wait a minute, something's off here...
>feels a little uneasy
>what's going on?
>DEMON GUY OUT OF NOWHERE
>>
File: 1449432686952.jpg (121 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1449432686952.jpg
121 KB, 1200x600
>>71509411
>Memes aside
>>
>>71510179

>tfw his daughters in the show make me want kids
>>
>>71510236
of all shows to make you wanna have kids, you pick this one?
>>
>>71509746
You guys have become what you hate.
Very literally so.
Fucking /pol/ man

In that scene there's no statement about minorities, no statement about cucking, nothing political at fucking all. I want that to be clear.
You CHOOSE to SAW thos thing because you're fucked in the head.
That scene was just supposed to be weird in a funny way. Uncomfortable in a funny way.
That's what all the humor of the show is all about.
>>
>>71509411
some episodes were okay
but you cant ignore how angsty the fucking guy is
>>
>>71509411
It sucks desu. Just not funny.
>>
It's good. I think you niggas went pretty hard on Cuck King. A lot of his jokes are insensitive. I watched his le white people deserved it routine before the meme and laughed, but on the other hand i'm not murrican so i don't feel racial tensions.
>>
>>71510383
That was one statement in the show about bending over backwards to appease people with different sexualities.

He goes on several rants in the show about how whites need to apologize for having an invisible privilege, and how blacks can't be racist
>>
>louie will never lock you in a room and force you to watch him masturbate
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.