[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any other movies like Conan the Barbarian? I like the sense of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: conan the barbarian.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
conan the barbarian.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
Any other movies like Conan the Barbarian? I like the sense of adventure from it.
>>
80s heavy metal videos (the early 80s NWOBHM bands, mainly)
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119484/

Kevin Sorbo at his prime.
>>
Encino Man
>>
>>71510111
>An barbarian [...]

Was the person writing the description one of us?
>>
>>71510040

you mean like this?

https://youtu.be/sJgv-qBBT3Y
>>
>there will never be movie as manly as Conan
>yfw nu males have ruined everything
>>
>>71509033

13th Warrior
>>
>>71510111
Conan is the descendant of Kull.
>>
>>71509033
there's not a lot of low fantasy movies

which is a shame because it is one of my favorite genres
>>
>>71509033
korgoth
>>
>>71509033
Red Sonja
>>
>>71509033
Conan (reboot)
>>
>>71509033
Conan the Destroyer
>>
>>71512508
>there will never be a speech as manly as "what is best in life..."

To be fair I don't know what actors could pull it off now and days.
>>
File: stumpchunkman.jpg (2 MB, 2761x4189) Image search: [Google]
stumpchunkman.jpg
2 MB, 2761x4189
>>71512541
there's literally a shit ton that were made for the 80's video market after conan was a success. problem is they all suck and incorporate high technology or post apocalyptic sci fi stuff into them
>>
>>71512638
Umm yes there is.
>"bucnh of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me. "
>>
>>71509033
Dragonslayer
13th Warrior
Those movies have similarity in appearance and setting but there's also...
Batman Begins
Which when I watched gave me a similar vibe, at least the beginning 2/3rds. It's about tribulation, testing, growing and ascent to personal power.

I'd love a list of movies that have a sense of adventuring in them, particularly low fantasy.
>>
When nobody is at home, I blast this through the speakers and lift the heaviest weights I can find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onGWF8mz1Zw

The Conan soundtrack is such a good workout motivator,
>>
>>71513311
>muh iron lyf
>>
>>71509033
Willow
The Sword and the Sorcerer
Beastmaster
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.