[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
horror general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: lake-mungo-788135l.jpg (695 KB, 1238x1838) Image search: [Google]
lake-mungo-788135l.jpg
695 KB, 1238x1838
horror thread

also, I felt like mentioning... since you guys were the ones who recommended Lake Mungo to me... that movie is garbage, isn't scary, and is a waste of time and certainly of hard drive space. Why one Earth you could ever think this movie is scary or a quality film is beyond me.

Literally 100% of the "horror" elements are "when you see it, you shit bricks" moments where they zoom in on some grainy film artifact.

The only redeeming part at all is the Lynchian psychological exploration of the character of Alice Palmer (wow, and I guess we're supposed to believe that it's a coincidence that she both resembles and belongs to family that is named after Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks.)

Nice shitty reference, meme fags. Movie still blows.

Lake Mungo is garbage.

Defend this.
>>
You said horror thread but it seems more like a lake mungo thread
>>
>>71506538
Would you have preferred jump scares and surfeit gore? The movie's atmosphere is what makes it. Try not being a dumb fucking cuck
>>
>>71507347
>The movie's atmosphere is what makes it.

This. Which makes the reveal of the doppelganger at the lake in the cellphone footage even worse when everything prior to that scene actually has a mundane explanation

But if you want jump scares just marathon the fucking Paranormal Activity series you pleb
>>
What's the spookiest movie youve ever seen, /tv/? Is lake mungo good?
>>
Why are The Fly and Maniac the only good remakes?
>>
>>71507400
>there's even a doppelganger
Hope Lynch is mentioned in the credits.
>>
>>71507347
>you just wanted da jump scurzzzz!!!

Typical Lake Cucko "comeback".

Movie is shit.
>>
>>71506538
yeah I agree 100%, some fags here recommended it in a horror movie thread, saw it with teh gf and it was utter shit, fuck those guys.
>>
>>71506538

Lake Mungo is a film where the horror slowly creeps in on you alongside the implications presented within it. I've watched it several times over and it always gets under my skin.

Something that really bothered me in particular was how Alice had been writing in her diary about having dreams of drowning. In one of them she dreams that she feels wet, heavy and as if she has been drugged. She walks into her parent's room and stands at the foot of the bed watching them. She wants to wake them, but is overcome with despair and a feeling that nobody can help her. Much later, and long before reading her daughter's diary, the mother recounts having a dream where her daughter is standing at the foot her bed dripping wet.

The implications freak me the fuck out. But if you're just looking for blood and spooky jump scares then you watched the wrong movie.
>>
>>71510004
>>71507400
Why do people lie like this?
>>
>>71510421

Its right there in the movie.
>>
I agree about Lake Mungo. I know it has a shitty score on imdb but I really enjoyed Yellowbrickroad (2010)
>>
>>71507347
atmosphere, kek, most of it was like a neighbours episode
>>
>>71510004
this. really got to me, became both really terrified but at the same time profound sadness too
>>
File: the-thing-poster-1982.jpg (961 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-poster-1982.jpg
961 KB, 800x1200
>>71507839
Excuse me?
>>
I agree wholeheartedly OP. The "Lake Mungo is good" meme needs to fuck off.
>>
File: carnage-park-poster.jpg (338 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
carnage-park-poster.jpg
338 KB, 900x1391
out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46g3cKB1-70

wouldn't say looks great but I'll watch most indie horror movies
>>
File: Jackface4.jpg (6 KB, 200x224) Image search: [Google]
Jackface4.jpg
6 KB, 200x224
Bored as fuck. Does anyone have some recommendations of something like "essential horror" besides the generic "HALLOWEEN: CHUCKY'S ELM STREET NIGHTMARE ON FRIDAY THE 13TH"? Also, if another person recommends Re-animator to me again, I'll go fucking ballistic...
>>
>>71511801
Possession
>>
>>71511801
From Beyond
>>
basket case or blood diner?
>>
>>71511801

rosemarys baby
videodrome
the witch
lost highway
>>
>>71506538

The tunnel
>>
File: 1466398155656.jpg (32 KB, 456x384) Image search: [Google]
1466398155656.jpg
32 KB, 456x384
>>71512804
>Lost Highway
>Horror

It's good though.
>>
File: paranormalactivity.png (998 KB, 1004x872) Image search: [Google]
paranormalactivity.png
998 KB, 1004x872
best horror kino
>>
>>71512902

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

it's the closest lynch comes to a pure horror. the entire last act is most definitely horror.
>>
>>71511801
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.