[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Literally pointless characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: rat.jpg (22 KB, 365x397) Image search: [Google]
rat.jpg
22 KB, 365x397
This guy was a rat since like season 3. They did fucking nothing with his character and then killed him off in the laziest way possible when they realized how pointless he truly was.
>>
>>71500662
Earlier, since season 2 I believe. They would ignore him in most episodes and then suddenly he'd be given a quick 30-second scene before being forgotten again for another 4-5 episodes.
>>
>>71500662
>I am one of the many many people whose head The Sopranos went over

Grats, what now?
>>
>>71500662
>>71500750
Morons.

>Everything needs an arc

Missed the point entirely
>>
>>71500822
>>71500882
Oh I'm sorry I criticized your precious show, please explain to me what I fail to understand about this plot point.

I love the rest of this show but people act like it doesn't have flaws.
>>
>>71501113
The Sopranos has flaws, but this is not one of them.
I don't understand the modern obsession with season arcs. The Sopranos established the fact that there were 'rats' everywhere.
Thus character was a wonderful running joke pointing out the hypocrisy of these cunts
>>
>>71500882
You know who had an ark? Noah.
>>
>>71501433
Remember Pearl Harbor and the Great Flood
>>
>>71501357
This, it should have been obvious since Jimmy got whacked that there was no loyalty among them and that they'd whack each other even with the smallest hint of evidence just to avoid any chances.
>>
>>71501357
I guess it could be seen that way but it felt weird to kill him off right at the beginning of S6.

Also I watched about 6 episodes of this show today and i start to get annoyed about small things when I spend that much time with a show.
>>
>>71500662
his funeral scene was significant in that it showed how a lot of the "big guys" in Tony's circle completely misplaced their trust

if i'm remembering correctly
>>
>>71502281
Everyones talking about what a stand up guy he was when the previous scene he dies in a FBI car handing over a tape about Tony Soprano talking about the Angelo Giacalone murder.
>>
>>71501945
I'm sorry that, like life, everything isn't wrapped up into a nice bow

Sure you could argue any badly written series is just being like life and not wrapping things up, but with Sopranos it's literally the point. "Life is ambiguous" is L I T E R A L L Y the point of the show and despite revelling in anti-climax the show is well written and satisfying to watch, but only if you understand that it's not random and has a point, that point being ambiguity.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.