[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Came from humble beginnings with movies like Bachelor Party,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: THanks.jpg (52 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
THanks.jpg
52 KB, 417x600
>Came from humble beginnings with movies like Bachelor Party, The Burbs, and Turner & Hooch
>Exudes natural "everyman" charisma with every performance
>Has two Oscars for Best Actor
>Is best friends with Steven Spielberg
>Does whatever the hell he wants and produces whatever interests him like war series
>Has never made a bad career decision
>Never said anything particularly controversial

Why isn't Tom Hanks your favorite Hollywood actor?
>>
It's depressing how more people don't see how fake this guy's whole nice guy persona/script is.
>>
>>71494995
>Muh woody
>muh Forrest

Which movie is he an asshole in?
>>
>>71494995
you know that WKUK skit was a joke right?
>>
>>71495055
I mean his persona outside of movies. It can't be real.
>>
>>71495055

Improve your reading comprehension, idiot. He said that Tom Hanks is a phony; his persona is not genuine. It is true.

Get it now?
>>
>>71495149
>it is true
source?
>>
>>71495111
Why not? Is it hard to believe that he could just be a normal guy? Remember he's just playing a role so don't think that that is actually him.
>>
>>71494937
And yet his son is a total douchebag.
>>
Just look at any of his recent interviews and you'll notice how fake, over-the-top, and generally disingenuous he is; it is more noticeable now because he is older and is unwinding.
>>
Dont forget Dragnet.
Loved that movie
>>
>>71494937
>has never made a bad career decision

He was in worst Coen brothers
>>
I met Tom Hanks once. I told him that I was a big fan, and he gave me a hug, bought me a hot chocolate, and chatted for a bit before my wife's son called me to pick him up from basketball practice.
>>
>>71495173
You are retarded.
>>
Tom Hanks is like a more serious Jeff Goldblum, he's just so fucking good that he absorbs your love through subtle osmosis
>>
>>71495176
>>71495176
>Is it hard to believe that he could just be a normal guy?

As a big star in Hollywood it is. He's playing a role.
>>
>>71495212
>generally disingenuous
some people just get old dude.
>>
>>71495111
>can't be real
> personality of an ACTOR
no shit, whats important is that hes convincing. even when hes not working he knows how to be kind and likable. its literally his job
>>
>>71495264
>tfw Jeff Goldblum was the only good part of the new Independence Day
I hope it didn't kill his career
>>
>>71495149
No, you improve your reading comprehension. I was giving examples why people would find it hard to believe that he's some angry hateful individual. Maybe he is but we don't know.
>>
>>71495279
Do you even know what "disingenuous" means?
>>
>>71495298
Who said that he was an "angry hateful individual"? Nobody.

Improve your reading comprehension.
>>
>>71495297
>i hope it didn't kill his career

how you can kill that which is already dead?
>>
>>71495315
It's hard to keep up appearances when you get older you faggot.
>>
>>71495359
He's implying that he's the opposite of what he seems on screen.

Improve your reading comprehension.
>>
>>71495392
I see that you don't know; look up a dictionary.

When you have to keep up an appearance in the first place, you are being disingenuous.
>>
>>71495449
>He's implying that he's the opposite of what he seems on screen.

No. He is under the erroneous notion that by exposing Tom Hanks as the phony that he is one is calling him "angry and hateful". That is just a fallacious conclusion due to his lack of reading comprehension.

Nobody is calling Tom Hanks "angry and hateful"; Tom Hanks is being called fake.

>Improve your reading comprehension.

Do you even know what that term means? I don't think so.
>>
>>71495246
You went on a date with Tom hanks and you didn't even notice he was so smooth, he was ready to bang you but you left
>>
>>71495532
So literally every celebrity ever, you realize that right anon?
>>
>no discernable personality whatsoever
>in a ton of calculated schmaltzy garbage
>basically never takes on an interesting role
hmmmm
>>
>>71495055
The great buck howard
i think i was the only one who saw it
>>
File: colin hanks.jpg (22 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
colin hanks.jpg
22 KB, 612x380
>>71495182
Which one, the moderately successful actor, or that weird rapper one nobody likes to talk about?
>>
File: tom hanks at angelos.jpg (107 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
tom hanks at angelos.jpg
107 KB, 960x720
>>71494995

I don't know about the persona. he seems pretty cool when we took our pictures with him
>>
>>71496117
Are you the black fella?
>>
>>71494937

>Has never made a bad career decision

The Ladykillers ?
>>
>>71496247

i found ladykillers hilarious so no.
>>
My philosophy
You don't have to be Klaus Kinski to play Klaus Kinski's characters
But you must be a nice guy to play a nice guy

Because nice guy as a character inherently requires the actor to be a nice guy. The character of nice guy must be honest.
>>
>>71494995
>>71496117
I was at a dinner with him a few months ago. Not lying he gave a talk at my college and I got to go the dinner and talk to him. He was genuinely the nicest person I think I've ever met. He made everyone he talked to feel like they mattered and that he was interested in them. He was extremely polite. He made a lot of jokes, some of them more inappropriate than I would have expected but of course he's an adult. He seemed completely genuine. And he took pictures with everyone who asked at the end, even though it took like 45 minutes.
Also he has tons of posts either on twitter or facebook where he takes a picture of a lost item he found and then whoever lost it eventually gets it back because either they or someone they know saw that Tom Hanks posted about it and he sends it back to them. Like that's just genuine kindness. No other celebrity does that
>>
>>71496837
Who thought his PR rep lurked the chins?
>>
>>71494995
There's a bunch of stories of people who've met Tom Hanks and talked about how nice and welcoming he was and other stories of how much of a good samaritan he is.
>>
>>71497238
I don't doubt it. He got the nice guy script from his intelligence handlers.
>>
>>71494937
>never a bad career decision
>>
>>71497369
why would you spend your entire life being a nice guy to literally everyone, never even once breaking character if you were actually a dick? it would've shown by now if he were one but it hasn't, he's just a great guy
>>
>>71497413

yeah just take a look at gibson. his anti-semitism eventually showed
>>
>>71494937
>Never said anything particularly controversial
He did actually. He very, very, very moronically claimed WWII was entirely about racism against the Japs. And don't ask for sauce because it was years ago and he said it on a random video. The only reason it burned itself into my memory was how shocking it was such a stupid fucking statement would come from a guy like Tom Hanks who seems very level-headed with that kinda shit.
>>
>>71497397
That movie was pretty good in a weird way. Nobody saw it and Im pretty sure he made fat bank and had a lot of fun doing it, so its hardly a bad move.
>>
>>71497413
>>71497515
It would be nice if it was true he's a nice guy, but I personally can't buy it.
>>
>>71494937

not mention bosom buddies.

fail.
>>
>>71497600
I could sort of see his point though. The US literally entered the war when Japan attacked the US. They were also instigating for Japan to do something dire in order for a good reason to war. Decades later the US still has an influence in Japan and a lot of the Eastern Asian countries with all their military bases.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.