[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else tired of union propaganda movies? All are just half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Free_State_of_Jones_poster.png (144 KB, 259x374) Image search: [Google]
Free_State_of_Jones_poster.png
144 KB, 259x374
Anyone else tired of union propaganda movies? All are just half truth and false dioctomies.

I'm Southern but I get why the North want pro union movies. But there not even good movies. Just emmy bate solely based on white guilt.

Lincoln, Free State of Jones, Birth of a Nations, etc
>>
File: lecks_loofer.png (43 KB, 706x669) Image search: [Google]
lecks_loofer.png
43 KB, 706x669
>mfw im not american and thought you were talking about the other kind of union, like the plumbers union

Was so fucking confused
>>
Even SJWs hate it

https://www.google.com/amp/www.refinery29.com/amp/2016/06/115138/free-state-of-jones-movie-review?client=safari#
>>
>>71494074
The guy revolted late in the war didn't he? He probably saw what way the wind was blowing and made his decision then. The county he was from was never as closely tied to slavery as the rest of Mississippi either
>>
>>71494074
>dioctomy
>bate
Know how I didn't need you to tell me you're Southern? I wish you people would secede already, instead of threatening it like it's not what Real America wants
>>
>>71494074
It's been over 150 years. You lost. Get over it, faggot.
>>
>it's been almost two hundred years and the one thing Yankees do as often as praising black people is putting down southerners
>>
>>71494793
>dont put down those that deserve to be put down
who's reddit now?
>>
>>71494793
>It's been 151 years and southerners still can't grasp basic math.
>>
>>71494617

Please, don't stereotype all of us southerners based off some goof that can't spell or probably even read for shit.

Just kidding, hate on the South all you want. I can barely stand these inbred, stupid hicks.
>>
>>71494074
You lost, hillbilly. Get over it, it's been 150 years.
>>
File: getaloadofthisguy.png (107 KB, 500x1094) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisguy.png
107 KB, 500x1094
>>71494074
>>71494793
>>
>>71494074
Next time you win the war you can make movies however you want to, buddy.
>>
History is written by the victors. Get over it Billy
>>
>Canderous: "Victory in battle is my justification."
>Carth: "Justification through victory? So what happens when you lose? You know, like you did against us."
>Canderous: "You had us outnumbered five to one. You had more ships, more troops, more supplies, and the Jedi on your side. And we still made the Republic tremble before we fell."
>>
>>71494074
Watch Hell on Wheels instead.
Shows the Yankees to be the sick fuck murderers they are.
>>
>>71494074
the war of northern aggression will always be used as a club by the north to shame the south
>>
>>71495551
Was the Union shaking a bunch when Sherman torched his way to the Atlantic?
>>
>>71495678
You shame yourselves with your shitty edumacations, speech impediments, meth addictions, and small dicks
>>
>>71495692
Yes. It's why they had to utilize Sherman and his rape and burn tactics. The South were undermanned, undergunned, fought with integrity and won so consistently, that the North pissed itself and began committing atrocities and war crimes to try and even the scales.
>>
File: wts.jpg (111 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
wts.jpg
111 KB, 550x700
>>71495551
>>71495692
tfw southerners fail at southwashing historybooks so they have to resort to quoting stories about space aliens and magic
>>
That eyebrow is killin me.
>>
>>71495859
tfw southerners are so romanticized by history that modern fiction is written allegorically about their noble struggle
tfw this triggers the niggerlovers up north
>>
File: 1464425268173.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1464425268173.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>>71494074
haha billy

north wins
won
wins
won
wins
>>
The men who fought in the Union almost universally admired the courage and resiliency of the Confederate soldiers. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain would not let a bad word be spoken about the Confederacy in his presence, despite him being a Union general and one of the principal heroes of Gettysburg. William T. Sherman forbade anyone to speak ill of the Confederate general whom he combated the most, Joseph E. Johnston. And of course the three most brilliant military minds of the war, Robert E. Lee, Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson and Nathan Bedford Forrest all were Confederates.

So all of this shit about how admiring the Confederate flag is akin to racism alone is such fucking idiocy. Do you understand the economic situation the vast majority of the South was in during the 40 years after the war? For generations the only positive thing average people had in their lives was the memory of Lee kicking the shit out of those Yankees at Chancellorsville.
>>
>>71495678
Not really, but when an idiot southerner starts crying about "union propaganda" like its 1865 again. The funniest part is these are the first idiots to claim to be 'murican's and paste the flag on every god damn thing they can. They can't seem to grasp the disconnect.
>>
How bad would the tumblr outcry be if someone made The Outlaw Josey Wales today?
>>
>>71495966
What were we talking about again?
>>
>>71495859
Actually the lost cause version of history has been dominant almost since the war ended, even in Hollywood.
>>
>>71495966
This picture is fucking with me. The ass is mesmerizing, but the face keeps reminding me of Anders from Workaholics.
>>
>>71496040
pink pussy
>>
>>71495976
>Johnston, like Lee, never forgot the magnanimity of the man to whom he surrendered, and would not allow an unkind word to be said about Sherman in his presence. Sherman and Johnston corresponded frequently and they met for friendly dinners in Washington whenever Johnston traveled there. When Sherman died, Johnston served as an honorary pallbearer at his funeral; during the procession in New York City on February 19, 1891, he kept his hat off as a sign of respect in the cold, rainy weather. Someone with concern for the old general's health asked him to put on his hat, to which Johnston replied "If I were in his place and he were standing here in mine, he would not put on his hat."
>>
>>71495966
Are there little holes in her ass cheeks?
>>
>>71496158
ass peach fuzz
>>
>>71495976
Most people know jack shit about the Civil War, man. I bet if you showed 100 random people on the street the actual Stars and Bars flag they wouldn't know what it is.
>>
>>71495966
post more
>>
>thread got all quiet
>implying anons aren't jerking it to this pic>>71495966
>>
>>71496158
Yes, it's flesh eating bacteria.
>>
File: Based Sherman.jpg (908 KB, 2364x3000) Image search: [Google]
Based Sherman.jpg
908 KB, 2364x3000
>>71494074

Shut the fuck up, Johnny. Don't make us come back down there.
>>
>>71496315
>>
>>71494074
I swear to Christ Cletus, don't make me march my ass back down there and burn your trailer back down.
>>
File: 7769996.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
7769996.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>71496499
lel
>>
>>71496499
I think that might be the worst part of historic revisionism.

It was the southern aristocracy against the northern hillbillies. You had the well bred educated nobles in the south fighting dirty conscripted off the boat starved irishmen who died in droves until they won through sheer virtue of number.

But the modern narrative is that the stupid yokel is the southerner.
>>
>>71495806
Guess that's why I live in the Confederate States of America.

Oh wait.

I don't.
>>
File: 1427840157356.gif (1 MB, 1000x4500) Image search: [Google]
1427840157356.gif
1 MB, 1000x4500
>>71496669
No. You live in the alternate reality where the north won the war. It's like a nightmare there's no waking up from, isn't it?
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 750x1334
>>71496655
Ahhhh. As you can see here, the vast concentration of higher learning south of the Mason Dixon.
>>
>>71496655

>historical revisionism

That's why you dumb fucks are always claiming the war was started because of muh states rights and other retarded nonsense.

Tell me, who fired the opening shots?
>>
>>71496756

Dude, I hate the south, but there are some extremely high quality schools down there.
>>
>>71496740
>brings in black slaves in droves
>fights to keep them and have more
>gets mad when loses and has to deal with the consequences
most blacks are in the south anyway
>>
>>71496787
The north, by not only refusing to remove troops from Charleston Harbor, but by taking Fort Sumter. It was an open act of war on the south.
>>
File: image.gif (118 KB, 1667x982) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
118 KB, 1667x982
>>71496851
Based on what metric?
>>
>>71496740
>>71496740

And you could solve 90% of the problem in image related if there were a program that just made sure they got fed enough as children and had access to schools.
>>
>>71496869
Not too familiar with history there, are you? The southerners didn't bring them in, and your average Confederate was not a slave owner. Further the northern mollycoddling of blacks is why they are the way they are today. Spend a century telling a race that they're owed never having to work because of what happened to their ancestors, they'll eventually believe it and take it.
>>
>>71496929

Holy shit, that historical revisionism. What do they teach you down there?

>>71496936

Vanderbilt, Rice, Tulane, Duke, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Virginia are all fine institutions.
>>
>>71496756
>the civil war in the north was fought by the educated
>we didn't just take immigrants off the boat to fight the war for us

You're not exactly a history buff, are you?
>>
>>71497030
The south's economy was entirely based off of slavery, it was their way of living. Slavery was already dying down in the north because we were industrializing faster. The industrialization process in the south on the other hand was paltry and hence had to rely on unskilled labor. The average confederate yokel didn't own slaves like the south nobility you're right, hence why what that this guy said is retarded>>71496655
>>
>>71497080
Eh fair enough. I'd still say Ivy League schools carry far more prestige than any of those.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 401x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 401x488
>Demon of the North
>>
>>71497125
Literally every single war ever since industrialization is fought by the lower classes.
But the north was more educated.
>>
>>71497080
Explain to me what was factually incorrect by my statement.

The south ordered the north to remove troops from Charleston Harbor which was Confederate territory. Not only did the north refuse to do so, they occupied a stronger fort and began to fortify it with reinforcements.

In what world is that anything but an open act of aggression?
>>
>>71497030

The people who ran the south were slave-owners.

I think former slaves are annoyed at having never received compensation for their labour when slaves; or that the United States doesn't apologize for supporting slavery for a century or so.
>>
>>71497183

>hero of the union

FTFY
>>
>>71497168
>95% of the Confederacy had no slaves
>"south was based off of slavery, it was their way of living"

I wonder how northern revisionists reconcile these things in their heads? It couldn't have had anything to do with a president who ran an election campaign on being anti-south who was then elected without a single southern ballot cast in his name. No, that would paint the north as bad guys, even if it was accurate. Somehow it had to be that every single southerner was a slave owner, even though mathematically it was impossible.
>>
>>71494074
Next time don't a)have slaves b) leave the union c)attack an American fort d) lose a war e) vote for democrats

Also fuck the south, by almost every Metric America would be better off if the south just left and became a 3rd world hellhole filled with niggers and white trash
>>
>>71497262
Name which state governors were slave owners at the outset of the Civil War.
>>
File: 1465791776555.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1465791776555.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>71494074
name a good unbiased civil war movie then?
>>
>>71497229

1. The fort is federal territory, as in it's operated by the United States.

2. The south had made claims of violence before against Union troops and the north was reinforcing because of said threats.

3. Charleston is a strategic port city to begin with.

4. Southern rebels fired the first actual shots to start the war.
>>
>>71497358

Slave-owners RAN and OWNED the society.

Non-slave-owning whites also lived there. If they were ambitious, the idea was to buy slaves at some point.

The South fought to preserve slavery, having been unable to force the USA to make it legal in states that did not want it. They didn't want to conquer the USA, but they did want to form their own powerful central government to oppose it.

The North fought to preserve the Union. Not to free slaves. In fact, slavery was ended in the rebel States before it was in the loyal States.
>>
>>71497415
>rich people never created a war that only benefited them while killing the poor
>>
>>71497229
>>71497229
Fort Sumter was federal property
>>
File: Stonewall.jpg (25 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
Stonewall.jpg
25 KB, 300x399
>>71497183

Ain't got nothing on Stonewall fucking Jackson.
>>
>>71497415

It would be more illuminating to research how much of the Southern economy was controlled by slave-owners. Politicians have been rented by moneyed interests since forever.
>>
>>71497458
1. The fort was on Confederate land.

2. They had no rights to the land they were reinforcing. Anymore than if Russia invaded Red Dawn style and announced they were responding to threats of aggression.

3. Exactly. The north was preemptively attempting to choke the south before the war began. The north knew it, the south knew it, and the north knew the south knew it. They knew there was no other outcome but war when they did it.

4. Immaterial. If I break into your house, you shooting me first doesn't negate my trespass provoking it.
>>
>>71497468
Gerrymandering meant a slave owner had an inordinate amount of political influence besides their incredible wealth.

>slaves can't vote
>they count for 3/5ths of a person
>the slave owners vote now counts more than just "one man, one vote"
>>
>>71497468
I hear this a lot from people who never studied history. What positions exactly do you think slave owners filled in the south? Most weren't anything other than successful farmers. Do you know how many military men were slave owners? Politicians? Businessmen? C'mon. At least research what you're claiming first.
>>
>>71497358
>95% of the Confederacy had no slaves
Are you counting slaves as being members of the confederacy in this statistic?
>>
>>71497569
The fort was there before the confederacy. Maybe a bunch of faggot red neck democrats should have asked the federal gov nicely they would have moved it
But probably not because the south is filled with faggots
>>
>>71497633
No. Historically, 95% of white Confederates had no slaves.
>>
>>71494074
>union
>southern
>the north
You know that the civil war ended quite some time ago, right? You also know that you never fought in it, yes? You're american. Deal with it.
>>
>>71497569
1. The fort was on Union land way before it was on confederate land
2. Technically the south was the aggressor since it de facto took all federal property away from the ownership of Washington by "seceding."
>>
>>71497669
Interesting.
So what percentage of agriculture in the south was based off of non-slave labor?
>>
>>71497624
>studied history
>supports the South

Go
Fuck
Yourself
Democrat scum

GOP4Life
>>
>>71495976
addendum:

You also must remember when discussing the gallantry of the Southern Cause the fact that by the war's end the South was in complete and utter turmoil. At Petersburg, the conclusive battle of the war in many respects, Ancient Confederates in their 60s, 70s and even 80s were lying dead in trenches next to 14 year old boys. All of the fighting men had been used by that point, so they were literally taking anyone. They even gave slaves guns and told them if they fought for the confederacy they would be free after the war, it was desperate times.

Meanwhile throughout the majority of the North you could hardly tell any battle had ever taken place. The Harvard-Yale rowing meet went on every single year of the war without a single rower on either side ever having to leave to fight in the war. Meanwhile the majority of the students of the University of Mississippi left to fight in the war, with only 4 male students attending the university before it was forced to shut down. The students formed their own unit called the Mississippi Grays who suffered 100% casualties by the war's end: every single one of them was either killed or wounded.

The Union fought that war with a hand ties behind its back, the South endured the full brunt of the war and demanding that Southerners forgo their heritage as "racist" and "outdated" is so unbelievably insulting that I imagine Ulysses S. Grant would slap anyone who demand the Confederate flag be taken down if he heard of this nonsense.
>>
>>71497624

The position of upper class.

One would wonder why non-slave-owners would fight a war to protect slave-owners, if they were really so unpopular in the South as you imply.
>>
>>71494530
Of course they do it has a cis white male.
>>
>>71497652
It doesn't matter. South Carolina was no longer a part of the union and Fort Sumpter was not the north's to take. They invaded the Confederacy. It didn't fly when Germany decided to reclaim land that they lost after the Treaty of Versailles either.
>>
>>71496390
Legit war criminal
>>
>>71497802

*hero

FTFY
>>
>>71497502
He didn't die like a bitch.
>>
>>71497757
Because it wasn't about slavery, retard. It was about the fact that the president had been elected without a single southern ballot cast in his name. The fact that the south was not being represented by a bloated northern federal government that was using that fact to prey on the south like bloated ticks.

The declaration of independence specifically names such an occurrence as the duty and obligation of men to form a new government.
>>
>>71497802
>>71497802

For doing what every American in every war has done?

Look back further, it's English tactics too, back to the Hundred Years War.
>>
File: image.png (1 KB, 270x326) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 KB, 270x326
Guess who went from some of the biggest slave owning plantation owners in the country to the biggest new york bankers at the same time as the civil war?
>>
>>71497012
Detroit tried that, sparky. Feel free to move there, though.
>>
>>71497698
I genuinely can't tell if you're being ironic or are actually that stupid.
>>
>>71497502
Man was a legend.
>>
>>71497624
Most people, especially young people are fucking retarded when it comes to history. A good female friend of mine and I got into a conversation about Robert Lee and I tried to tell her why I think he's an admirable figure and she cut me off and said "BUT HE OWNED SLAVES and wouldn't move off that point.

I tried to point out to her that actually he was against slavery. He was born to a famous rich Founding Father slaveowner who squandered his family's fortunes in a series of shitty business decisions and ditched debtor's prison by ditching his family and traveling to the Bahamas. Lee went to West Point and was a military man, he was away from home for 80-90% of his adult life, he wasn't a farmer, he had no need of slaves.

His WIFE owned slaves. Not him. His wife, the rich Mary Custis, granddaughter of George Washington was the slaveowner not Lee, who spent the most of his life working on building bridges for the Army Corps of Engineers and fighting in Mexico.
>>
>>71497884

It was about slavery for the SOUTH, it wasn't for the NORTH.

They were concerned that Lincoln would make moves to limit slavery in the whole country, or stymie the South's efforts to destroy states rights, to make slavery legal in the North by technicality.

Do you think any state that has not cast a ballot for a President has a good case to leave the Union now? Like if California voted Trump, but Trump lost, you would be in favour of California leaving the Union?
>>
File: sherman-dealwithit.png (954 KB, 884x1055) Image search: [Google]
sherman-dealwithit.png
954 KB, 884x1055
>>71494074
>it's another south dindu nuffin thread
>>
>>71497884

Goddamn, you dumb.

It was literally about slavery. Hem and haw all you want about states rights, it was about the right to own people. All the decorations of succession mention slavery in the first paragraph.
>>
>>71496740
Dese facks be ignant, kkkracker!!!1!
>>
>>71497884
You're right, it wasn't about slavery, it was about preserving the union. Other wars were being fought in similar fashion in Europe to preserve the nation-state to unite a people. See Otto's war of Blood and Iron.

Forming a new government doesn't mean seceding from the USA but preserving the USA and changing the structure of the federal government. The south's action was illegal and none of our founding fathers would have accepted breaking up the USA, it was through union that we even won the revolutionary war.
>>
>>71497884
Jesus you deluded fuck bag, it was clearly about slavery, and before you keep keeping off about shit you know nothing about please go read the letters of secession.
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html
Also.
>democracy doesn't count when it doesn't go the way I want
The south is literally cancer.
>>
>>71495678
>northern aggression

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter
>>
>>71494074
>you are now aware that The Outlaw Josey Wales is the only Jewywood movie that showed the Union in a negative light and didn't shit all over the Confederacy
>>
>>71498023
>It was all about slavery

My history professor would like a word with you.
>>
>>71497884
>The declaration of independence specifically names such an occurrence as the duty and obligation of men to form a new government
Tell that to Shay's Rebellion or the Whiskey Rebellion you twat.
>>
>>71498007
Eventually the South would have tried to leave even if slavery was legal. Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers wrote about this. It was well known.
>>
>>71497802

Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>71498071
Your history professor is a dipshit.
>>
>>71497988
Yes. You don't get it both ways. Either the United States of America AND the Confederacy have no right to exist because a lack of representation in their government is no good reason to rebel, or they do.

Literally the exact same reasoning that was used in the Declaration of Independence was used in the formation of the Confederacy.
>>
>>71498007
>succession
how fitting.

The reason that Confederate soldiers fought largely had nothing to do with slavery. It was certainly an aspect of it, but it had nothing to do with the soldiers on the ground

Of course politicians who write up these secession documents are going to want to protect their slaveholding industry, their entire economy rested on it. Thomas Jefferson owned slaves but recognized it must end and that it will be a dangerous prospect. He compared the condition of slavery during his lifetime (early 1800s) to a man holding a moose by the antlers, staring it down but daring not to make a move. He recognized that it was going to take a conflict to rid slavery of the world. That doesn't mean the average Confederate soldier was only fighting to hold slaves

The reason the majority of Southerners fought in the war is that the majority of the War took place in the South. Very few battles took place in Northern territory, so Southerners were largely fighting because they were being invaded.
>>
>>71498021
>the founding fathers would never have approved breaking away from a tyrannical centralized government in which they had no political say

...the fuck are you on about? That is literally how they became the "founding fathers."
>>
>>71498158

I do get it.

They both had the same right to declare independence.

The slaves had the right to declare independence, and claim the plantations that they built as their own too, agreed?
>>
>>71494793

White Southerners are LITERALLY niggers.
>>
>>71498207
>the south was a colony
I'm sure the founding fathers would have wanted more founding fathers and more founding fathers within the founding father'd nation they had already created.
>>
>>71498207
>tyranical
Jesus Christ, telling you, you can't own other human beings isn't tyrannical you fuckwit.
>>
>>71498061
>here's a wikipedia link that shows that the north invaded southern land but the southerners shot at them when they invaded
>so it was the south who started it :^DDD

Leave the discussion to the adults.
>>
>>71498251

Incorrect.

Rural Southern culture is known as 'nigger behaviour' by racists in the North. It just so happens most migrants from the South were black.
>>
>>71498249
Now that would be a really good topic to have a discussion on.
>>
>>71495751
The North left the South in ruins and then told everyone to fuck off and rebuild their societies by themselves.

If you wanted the South to be so much like the North then you shouldn't have burned everything to the ground and you shouldn't have left during reconstruction. Fucking yankees blaming the South for the poverty that's struck the region for decades.
>>
>>71498270
>federal troops can't be on federally owned land
WEW LAD
>>
>>71498269
>the founding fathers could rebel because they weren't slave owners like the evil southerners were!
...you realize the founding fathers owned slaves, right? Why don't you just stop posting for a little while. Without IDs you're just making your whole side look stupid.
>>
File: sherman.jpg (149 KB, 428x460) Image search: [Google]
sherman.jpg
149 KB, 428x460
>It's a muh south will rise again episode
>>
>>71498433
If Trump loses, you bet your ass we're outta here.
>>
>>71498339
The south was fucked beyond repair already, once you decided to fire on federally owned land by claiming it was yours by "seceding," you had already accepted that the consequences would never be the same. War isn't pretty. It was slightly autistic to essentially declare war by firing without taking into account the South's war economy.
>no railroad tracks
>shit production rates
>low-tier industrialization
>edumacation shit-tier
Carl Von Clauswitz would have been ashamed for the south's lack of grand strategy.
>>
>>71498403
>what is the spirit of '76
Education and reading sure is hard.
>>
>>71498339
mess with the bull, you get the horns. you aren't doing yourselves any favors by continuing to be shitty. 150 years later i would hope that adults could at least write as well as children in the 19th century
>>
>>71498433
That's the thing as a southerner I like best about the civil war. All of our generals are renowned by history as some of the greatest tacticians ever. But also, they fought cleanly and with honor and dignity.

The north's 'hero' is General Sherman though. Literally war crimes and civilian rape the man. No matter how often the north wants to shame you over slavery, you just have to wait for them to post some "i <3 shermun" pics to have that moral highground again.
>>
>>71496740
I like how they choose to ignore the fact that black pop culture figures (funded by whites andjews) routinely pump out violent bullshit, crack was released to innercity black youths (this has beeb documented), and blacks schools on average receive less funding which were major agitators to these facts. Were blacks violent drug dealers in the 70s?
Exactly. Stay ignorant /pol/
>>
>>71495939
Did he drop the people's elbow on a dirty southerner after he did this?
>>
>>71498468
>if
>>
>>71498551
So Africa is a product of more white peoples fault? Lol.

Da white man!!!
>>
>>71498549
>But also, they fought cleanly and with honor and dignity.

Fort Pillow massacre
>>
>>71498549
>destroying railways and kicking the shit out of southern armies is now considered a war crime
Stay mad.
>>
>>71498621
Who the fuck cares about africa? Im talking about americans living in america literally being plotted against by the government. And you bring up africa to change the subject, and you wonder why your guns are being taken. :^)
>>
>>71497080
William and Mary, UNC, Trinity (Texas), Davidson, Washington and Lee, and Emory are all really good schools too
>>
>>71497012
>he unironically just asked for mo money fo dem programz
>>
>>71498649
>implying we had to destroy anything
there wasn't much left to destroy in the south
Railroads were crapola already
>>
>>
>>71498551
yeah black people don't ever continually reinforce and perpetuate stereotypes and ostracize anybody who tries to do more than shit out kids for more aid money or be anything other than a thug or drug dealer. It's white people's fault
>>
>>71498727

If the problem is 'black people aren't smart enough' the solution is to do the things we know increase intelligence, like ensuring the provision of eduction and nutrition to children.

A recent study in Ireland showed this made a different of 10 IQ points.
>>
File: 1462951860235.jpg (47 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
1462951860235.jpg
47 KB, 493x342
Who the fuck cares about the south?

Go back to /pol/ fuckboy
>>
>>71498815
black people are genetically predisposed to lower intelligence. You might make it slightly better with something like that, but it won't do much making it a pointless waste of money
>>
>>71498880
>black people are genetically predisposed to lower intelligence

Prove it. It all boils down to education.
>>
>>71498880

Okay.

>feeding children so they might be useful to someone at some point is a waste of money

So you wont black people in your country to be as stupid as possible, policy shouldn't try to make them smarter, but less intelligent? WHY?
>>
>>71494074
the union started the war, invaded the south, committed war crimes, then whitewashed the textbooks and tell the world and generations to come that the south was evil.

FOR GENERATIONS TO COME!
>>
>>71498949
Name a non 3rd world black country.
>>
File: thebellcurve.jpg (40 KB, 329x499) Image search: [Google]
thebellcurve.jpg
40 KB, 329x499
>>71498949
>Prove it.

It has already been proven.
>>
Why do Southeners think that the Confederacy was some proud act of standing up for the white race?

If they had won, the landowners were going to keep importing niggers from Africa until the entire South had the racial demographics of Haiti. That doesn't sound like standing up for white people to me.
>>
>>71498949
Blacks from all walks of life including inner city, rural, suburban, rich, poor, European, African consistently score lower than all other races in IQ tests. The excuse for this is usually "DEM TESTS BE RACIS"
>>
File: blackdistribution.jpg (523 KB, 1303x859) Image search: [Google]
blackdistribution.jpg
523 KB, 1303x859
>>71499001
These are the findings of Hernstein and Murray

Two white liberal scientists who sought to determine IQ and racial differences in American life and could not come up with a good reason to explain this discrepancy
>>
File: TRZN-10.jpg (291 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
TRZN-10.jpg
291 KB, 1800x1200
>>71494074

FREE STATE OF TARZAN

CRACKAS LEADING NIGGAZ IS OFFENSIVE

FUK DEM CRAKKAS WE WUZ KAAAAAANGZ
>>
>>71499057

So what is the theory; living in civilization selects for higher IQ? How could it?

Living outside civilization, there is no drawback to being smarter. Inside civilization, being smarter could get you killed before you're old enough to be a threat to anyone.
>>
>>71498815
It's cultural at this point. Southern and innercity blacks are ignorant because that's what their culture tells them to be. Feeding them more and spending more money on their schools doesn't mean anything. In my hometown in the south the black schools have infinitely more funding; they have smart boards for every room, flat screen TVs, brand new computers, laptop and tablet kiosks for certain classes to use, you name it. My high school, a combination of wealthy whites and ghetto blacks, gets jack shit compared to them because we have performance, which means no money for anything.

It's just fucking cultural. You want to make blacks intelligent? Find a way to demonize rap and violent black athletes. Until then you won't see any improvement, no matter how much money you put towards their communities.
>>
>>71498339
The North hung around the South for a decade fixing shit and attempting to integrate newly freed niggers into society. Southerners were fanny frustrated about niggers learning to read and shit. Reconstruction ended in 1876 because Southern Democrats let Rutherford Hayes be president in exchange for Northern Republicans ending Reconstructon. You can blame the North for not having the balls to stick to their guns and finish fixing the South in exchange for the presidency, but the South bitched ceaselessly about how cruel Northern Reconstruction was to them. Southerners wanted those carpet baggin Yankee devils out and got what they asked for. They chose treating niggers like shit for another 100 years over having their cities rebuilt.
>>
>>71499091
doesn't this movie have to do with the Dutch genocide in the Congo instead of the typical Tarzan story or some shit like that?
>>
>>71499228
>Feeding them more and spending more money on their schools doesn't mean anything.

It's just that doing just this means 10 IQ points in places where it's been tested.

Feeding children enough and starting them in education early is worth more than teaching them a second language or musical instrument in terms of how it helps their overall intelligence. And it's not a ridiculous claim that a society should feed it's children, at least I wouldn't have thought it was.

Some of it is cultural. 10 IQ points isn't, and we can add that now. Why do you think rich people spend money on feeding their kids and sending them to good schools? It's to get that bonus.
>>
>>71499091
What rifle is that? A Lee-Enfield? Krag–Jorgensen?
>>
>>71499228
middle and upper class blacks score lower on standardized tests that other races in the same income bracket. they are congenitally less intelligent
>>
>>71499285
YES, ROM LANDA THE NIGGA HUNTER

BURNS DEM PEACEFUL GRASS HUT VILLAGES FOR FUN

SHOOTS NIGGAS IN THE FACE

PRETTY ROUGH FOR A DISNEY PROPERTY, THEN AGAIN ALLS FAIR IF YOU'RE SHITTING ON THE EVIL WHITE MAN
>>
>>71499283
Reconstruction was mostly organized looting. the way the carpetbagger regimes used blacks as a cudgel against the occupied populations is a big part of why race relations never really recovered after this era
>>
>>71498984
Hey at least we didnt own people
>>
>>71499441
Looks like a K31.
>>
>>71499532
This tbqh.

It wasn't enough that the North pitted Southern Whites against their slaves as a moral justification for the war, during reconstruction they reinforced the hatred between the groups.
>>
>>71499550

The United States of America owned people for longer than the Confederates.
>>
>>71499551
Oh you're right. I thought his belt was a magazine extender, and I didn't notice the ring on the bolt.
>>
when will the USexit happen?

can't wait to secede from these fucking northerners.

south will rise again my brothers
>>
>>71499580
>the north created the kkk

Take some goddamn responsibility for your actions for fuck sakes
>>
>>71499001
kek. WE WUZ SMART
>>
>>71498984
>commit treason over the right to own human beings
>but we're the real victims
Saying the north started it as just as blatantly false revisionism as saying it was all the south. See Bleeding Kansas
>>
>>71496756
>Duke, Brown, Vanderbilt, Rice, Emory, Wake Forrest, GA Tech, Rhodes
>I could go on

Are you trolling?
>>
>>71498490
Neither side understood that the war was going to last as long as it did, you can hardly blame the South for that

William Sherman was removed from his position in the army and briefly sent to a mental institution by Union leadership for saying he thought the war would last 2 years and cost hundreds of thousands of lives. In reality the war lasted 4 years and almost 700,000 died. So clearly the South had no idea the war would become one of attrition, just as the North did not.
>>
>>71499637
IF THE TECH SECTOR WOULDN'T GRIND TO A HALT, ALL OF CALIFORNIA PARTICULARLY SF AND BERKELEY SHOULD SINK INTO THE OCEAN
>>
>>71498984

fucking this. it pisses me off that the north is stating that its wrong to own slaves when during that time it was the normal thing to do. it wasn't even *that normal since verfy few actually owned slaves.
>>
>>71499228
It's not cultural. It's scientific. Deal with it.
>>
>>71499870
If it was so normal then why where abolitionist sentiments gaining so much popular support in the North and Europe?
>>
>>71499956

It's scientific fact that childhood malnutrition causes reduced IQs.
>>
>>71499870
So because everyone was doing it that makes it ok? And how can it be the norm is few people did it? Your post reads like every regurgitated confederate apologist talking point thrown together

It was hugely prevalent. Few owned slaves but those that did owned hundreds. 12% of the population were slaves in 1860, with 3.5 million people.
>>
>>71500052
Blaming it on fried chicken and watermelon. We don't eat so good, makes us dumb dumb. North Koreans are smarter than you and they don't eat so good either.
>>
>>71499956
My point is that large black communities have a culture of being uneducated and ignorant (aside from all the bullshit conspiracy theories they seem to believe in). Feed them and give them education, but they aren't going to accept it. I know they're also scientifically predisposed to being less intelligent but the bigger issue is that they culturally do not WANT to be intelligent.
>>
>>71500052
go Google "minnesota transracial adoption study"
>>
File: %22AdHominem%22.png (44 KB, 672x520) Image search: [Google]
%22AdHominem%22.png
44 KB, 672x520
>>71495806
The South had every possible advantage. All the best tacticians, they fought on their home soil, and the DC (the FUCKING CAPITAL OF THE NORTH) was surrounded by the South. Richmond could have fallen and big deal. DC falls? End of the war.

Only other thing South could have had was population and industry, but if they had those they wouldn't have been the rebels, they'd have been the empire.

All traitors should have hung.
>>
>>71499719
Yeah you're right, no one read their Clauswitz, they only read their Jomini.

But the north already knew it had more manpower, more tracks, better industrialization, in the main, a better economy that could handle a war. The Northerners were not ignorant that they had the advantage. This is why the south wanted to end the war quickly by taking the Northern capital, they knew that if they did this they would demoralize the north quickly. They did this because they didn't want to drag the war out. The south knew they were on the weaker side.
>>
>>71500127

Then you... you don't think malnutrition affects intelligence?

You think parents are wasting their money when they try to keep their children fed properly?
>>
>>71500166

>south had advantage

fuck you. south had the disadvantage at the start of the war and you know everybody konws it.
>>
>>71494074
>greasy spawn of traitors feels no guilt
>>
>>71500158

The one where they matched their siblings until they were old enough to realize they were black and so, according to the media, less intelligent, and then they started doing worse than their siblings?

Yeah, I've read it. They didn't examine the impact of childhood nutrition or early education, though.
>>
>>71500200
>dubs vs dubs
I'll take the one with facts
>>
>>71494793
Southerners are subhuman.
>>
>>71500166
The North had more people, more food, better transportation, and better production capabilities.

There was no way they'd ever lose a war of attrition, the south had almost 0 advantages.
>>
>>71500198
No fuckwit, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's just the newest strawman that the black community uses to explain their lower intelligence. The way they do with every problem in their community. The man be keeping us down we wuz kings remember
>>
>>71500257
THE NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE THEY DROVE OL DIXIE DOWN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnyeqyCiLdo
>>
>>71500188
>They did this because they didn't want to drag the war out. The south knew they were on the weaker side.
Of course they did. That's precisely what makes Robert E. Lee the most admirable man of the war. No one knew more about the military positions of each side of the war and he had the choice to command either side. He chose to turn down the Union simply because he couldn't fight against his own statesmen. That is the most noble act of any American soldier at any point in time. He knew he was going to lose and he did it anyway
>>
>>71500327

It's not a strawman when malnutrition actually lowers IQ. Malnutrition actually causes a lower IQ in real life, do you really insist that this is just something I'm making up?
>>
File: 1418228156215.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>dont insult black people
>its okay to be racist against southerners though

this is what im getting from this thread
>>
>>71500409
You are beyond thick. Correlation does not equal causality. You are fucking retarded. Go to uni and learn something.
>>
>>71494645
"But that's enough about the Native Americans..."
>>
>>71500459
Southerners are not a race.
>>
>>71500166
You honestly cannot be this fucking retarded

I will not say anything more than I have already fucking said so I will simply link you back to it:
>>71497712
>>
>>71500459
Then you're an idiot.
>Ayn Rand
yep
>>
>>71500409
Okay man, listen. I live in a county in North Carolina where black communities regularly get more funding and free access to meals. Their schools get more funding too. And yet they still drastically underperform, a the same level or worse as rural black schools that get no funding and no quality food for the children. They're genetically predisposed to lower IQs, but their goddamn culture is what's holding them back, because there are plenty of white trash high schools that do better.
>>
>>71500459

You should pay attention.

>don't insult people based on their race
>insult them based on how they act
>people raised in rural southern US culture act like niggers
>>
>>71499870
>>71498984

why didn't they just comply then?
>>
>>71495966
Name?
>>
>>71500459
>implying I don't insult both

Dumb frogposter
>>
>>71500409
black people in america are not malnourished
>>
>>71500546

who do you think will work the fields then?
>>
im just coming for my mower marty
>>
>>71499091
Tarzan is a wigger. In talking Gorilla it means white-ape.
>>
>>71500461

This is an example of something where there is causation, you can look up the studies as easily as I can.

Ireland has just completed a study that showed a 10 point difference in IQ in the same community; when one group was given help to make sure their children had adequate nutrition and access to early education, and the other was the control.

You think nutrition only affects intelligence in white people, maybe?

>>71500528

I don't believe the school you're talking about feeds it's children quality food.
>>
>>71500582

You do understand that a person is more likely to be malnourished if they are overweight, yes?
>>
File: 1432951181129.jpg (74 KB, 507x510) Image search: [Google]
1432951181129.jpg
74 KB, 507x510
>>71500574
there aint no room for bench sitting. pick a side faggot
>>
>>71500582
that's debatable(and applies to all impoverished people, not just blacks) it isn't the reason black people are inherently ignorant
>>
>>71500659
Again you are comparing apples and oranges. Malnutrition can lower your IQ. You know what else lowers your IQ? Being black. Those potatoes would be smarter than their black counterparts, again fucking deal with it.
>>
>>71500659
It's not better or worse than anything I've seen up North m8.

Fix black culture, not the food on their plate, and you fix the ignorant black problem. How is this hard to see?
>>
>>71500166
>they fought on their home soil

I hate to break this to you, armchair general, but if you're fighting a war on your own soil, you're probably not doing too well in the advantage department.
>>
>>71500749

You're saying that malnutrition does not affect black people's IQ, though. Is this what you believe? Nutrition affects white people's IQ, not black people?

>>71500791

>Fix black culture, not the food on their plate, and you fix the ignorant black problem. How is this hard to see?

I guess some people think feeding them would be a good first step.
>>
>>71500742
Nah, you're both dumb niggers, but at least you're not California I suppose.
>>
>>71500797
>homesoil
>not the greatest advantage that exists in war
>>
>>71500852
They'll still think being ignorant and venerating violent celebrities is the right thing to do no matter what they eat.
>>
File: 34141411.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
34141411.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
oh
>>
>>71500852
You are literally the dumbest person I've ever met. Let me spell it out for you. Malnutrition can affect anyone. However, if you gave an average malnourished white and malnourished black an IQ test. The white IQ would be higher, because white people have higher average IQ 's. How do you not understand this? Take a fucking statistics you idiot. You clearly have no understanding of basic principles.
>>
>>71500944

Okay. But they'll be around 10 IQ points smarter, too.

Oh, you WANT black people to be less intelligent?
>>
>>71500721
the fat ones may be technically malnourished, but the healthy, muscular athletes are dumb too. face it, they're just dumb
>>
Southerners are shit tier and deserved to be gassed from existence.
>>
>there was a civil war in america
wew lad stop hitting yourself
>>
>>71500915
m8 in the grand scheme of a war fighting on your home soil is probably an indication you are losing

there are reasons nations maintain navies, military bases in other countries, establish alliances with border states, and seek buffer zones on their borders - they don't want a war to ravage / destroy their own population, industrial centers, farmland, etc
>>
>>71499870
>it wasn't even *that normal since verfy few actually owned slaves

Very few common people buy stocks either but it's still essential to the economy, as was slavery in the antebellum south.
You confederfags need some new talking points, badly.
>>
>>71501033

So you now say that malnutrition is partially responsible for black people being less intelligent?

Are you willing to say that giving children adequate nutrition would help increase their IQ's?

Now you'll just have to explain why you want black people to be as unintelligent as possible.
>>
>>71501034
Christ, fix the cultural problem and they'll fix their situation, eventually leading to a larger number of middle-class blacks who aren't malnourished.

God damn you're thick.
>>
File: 1399428854112.jpg (71 KB, 401x488) Image search: [Google]
1399428854112.jpg
71 KB, 401x488
>>71495806
>implying Sherman allowed his men to rape anyone without punishment
>implying Sherman wasn't trying to save as many Southern lives as he could by confronting them with the truth that their war wasn't glorious and wouldn't be easily won
>>
>>71501128

In absence of any suggestions as to how to fix the cultural problem, we can fix the malnutrition problem. This could only help fix the cultural problem, if not actually fix it by itself.
>>
>>71501104
I wish you would fucking hang yourself. I'm saying none of that. Again you try to conflate correlation and causality. You have a nigger tier IQ.
>>
>>71495976
>Do you understand the economic situation the vast majority of the South was in during the 40 years after the war?
Ah beans, if only the American President who intended to rebuild the South and leave it better than it was before the war began hadn't been murdered by a Confederate sympathizer fucking shit
>>
>>71498984
>union started the war

WEW
E
W
>>
Do you honestly believe that malnutrition is the greatest contributing factor to niggers being ignorant? This is a serious question to the guy who won't stop talking about it.
>>
>>71501089
So they were fighting for their economy, not for the right to own slaves. You pretend like they all thought it was moral to own slaves when clearly many must have thought that while slavery is immoral they were not willing to endure economic hardship for likely the entirety of their lives to drastically change the entire Southern economy like that. Economies don't turn around in a fortnight, a lot of times it takes an entire generation or two to pass before a country can redefine its economic outlook.
>>
>>71494074
>Lincoln wasn't a good movie
Fuck off reb scum
>>
>>71501181
there is no malnutrition problem, at least not to the extent it would cause a 10 point IQ gap. we would be seeing blacks with stunted growth and all kinds of other physical ailments if they were really that malnourished
>>
>>71498999
That doesn't disprove his point in the slightest, since racial demographics are nowhere near the only or most prominent factor in a nation's political, economic, social, and educational strength.

Also
>south africa
>>
>>71501255
Do you think the Confederate people voted for John Wilkes Booth to murder Lincoln or something?

Booth spent the majority of the war in New York touring on Broadway. The Confederates may have despised Lincoln but actual Southerners weren't going to kill him. They followed Lee and Lee turned over the reins to Ulysses Grant so they wouldn't have supported an assassination
>>
>>71501075
Yeah sure. But it's still a distinct advantage.
See: Insurgencies
>>
>>71501413
Yeah, I'm sure not a single Confederate was happy about Lincoln being assassinated.
>>
>>71501490
Insurgencies usually fail
See Max boot's Invisible Armies
>>
>>71501352
>South Africa
oh you mean the rape and murder capitals of Africa? South Africa is currently on pace to set the record for quickest time going from world leader to becoming a destitute, impoverished war-torn nation in the history of human civilization. Apartheid "freed" South Africa, it freed them up to set world records in murdering and raping each other. Something like 1 in 3 South African men have admitted to participating in GANG RAPE. Not just rape, but GANG rape.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/29/south-africa-rape-nightmare-crime-stats
>>
>>71501352
>South Africa
the place literally made prosperous because the blacks accepted their white masters and now falling to shit after they decided they didn't want it? White people are the only reason that place isn't a failed state.
>>
>>71497229
>The north refused to surrender their own bases

Yeah, yeah. And 9-11 was New York's fault. The failed to blow up the WTC on their own, so Al Qaeda had to do it the hard way.
>>
>>71498339
>150 years
>still can't build a half-decent society
>>
>>71501518
That actually looks interesting, thanks
>>
>>71494074
>Lincoln

Hmm, as I recall the South was portrayed fairly honorably in that movie, and went out of its way to give the audience a good sense of where the confederacy was coming from when the ambassadors sat down to talk.
>>
>>71501502
Of course they did

My point is that had Booth not been a crazy lunatic who had originally planned to assassinate Lincoln in 1864 then the man would have never been touched by any Confederate. Booth was a Northerner, he wasn't a true Confederate
>>
>>71501610
kek np
I'm not the same anon you were talking to btw
>>
>>71499550
not true. We did own them pretty hard by the end there
>>
lel i actually saw this on Tuesday, not bad but not great either, if you want a decent Civil War movie it's decent enough if you've exhausted the other options
it did drag on in some parts, was obviously historically inaccurate in other parts and had a clear liberal agenda permeating throughout
like the moment war ends and a 2 sentence explanation of Reconstruction (which historically fucked the South up good) flashed on the screen and explained how the poor negro was still suppressed a shot of the Klan riding to some negro houses and lynching them occurs, i actually laughed out loud. obviously very subtle, Hollywood.
>>
>>71497786
>that they lost
But the Union didn't lose. YOU DID!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
>>
>>71500530
this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.