[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: riddick_dvd_cover.jpg (294 KB, 1053x1500) Image search: [Google]
riddick_dvd_cover.jpg
294 KB, 1053x1500
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
>>71493076

it was great up until it becames Pitch Black 2, electric boogaloo

RIP space pupper
>>
>>71493114
indeed
>>
File: 1466579090460.jpg (52 KB, 323x427) Image search: [Google]
1466579090460.jpg
52 KB, 323x427
>>71493076
you now realise Vin Diesel created the best sci-fi trilogy of all time
>>
>>71493076
I enjoyed it. Seemed like a filler though. The last movie seemed pretty much the end. How can they top that.
>>
>>71493213
>created
>trilogy
They're still gonna make two more.
>>
>>71493264
Das good news. When's the next one coming out?
>>
>>71493443
No set date, but the scripts for them are already written and it's really just a matter of Vin Diesel scraping up the time and resources to do it like with this one. It's like his stature in Hollywood has lessened, plus he's a gigantic nerd, so I have faith.
>>
>>71493443
>>71493549
*it's not like
>>
Nothing. It's a fun movie overall, just like Chronicles, which was shat on by everyone for no good reason.
>>
I really loved the first movie. A great spacey atmosphere. I don't remember much of the second, was the setting a bright desert?

Haven't seen the third yet.
>>
>>71493076
didn't he become like a space emperor in the movie before that one? what the fuck happened?
>>
>>71493114
One of the great things about Riddick was he was suppose to be the most clever and keen survivor/fighter. His use of stealth and strategy in outwitting competent opponents in itself was what made people entertained.

This was the case for Pitch Black and even Chronicles (despite trying to streamline the action for bigger audiences).

Riddick 2013 sets up that great with the opening act, showing how he survives what would otherwise be an unsurvivable planet. Once the main plot gets set up with the bounty hunters, the movie goes downhill, as instead of Riddick outwitting worthy adversaries, he is merely toying with Merc halfwits. The action becomes flaccid as it veers into almost horror movie cliche of the people doing dumb things to get killed by the 'monster' (in this case Riddick). It essentially plateaus in this awkward state for the rest of the movie.

The idea for this movie was good, but the script writing was weak though and didn't show off Riddick's ability at stealth and strategy like it should have.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.