[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf I hate white people now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Green_Room_(film)_POSTER.jpg (61 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
Green_Room_(film)_POSTER.jpg
61 KB, 250x370
wtf I hate white people now
>>
wtf I love green people now
>>
Rippy doo.

But seriously I want Jennifer to Poots in my mouth.
>>
>>71483296

That shit was more or less a backdrop for the film. The director Jeremy talked about going to hardcore/punk shows in the early 90s in DC where you would see skins at shows and that was just how it was. He took that experience and used it in the film. It isn't an anti white movie or some shit like that.
>>
>>71483428
Yeah, the skins are generally okay people and don't even care about them playing Dead Kennedys at the show. It's only because they witness a murder they turn on them. It could have been furries for all it matters, storywise.
>>
Is OP a /pol/cuck and trying to imply that this movie had any kind of a message regarding race or racism? Because that angle could not have been more irrelevant.
>>
File: HollywoodPoliticalUniverse.jpg (422 KB, 1320x946) Image search: [Google]
HollywoodPoliticalUniverse.jpg
422 KB, 1320x946
>>71483633
>cinema and medias in general are absolutly not full of liberal and leftists, now be a good goy and don't "overthink" our nice entertainment
>>
but the heroes were white
>>
>director makes generic slasher film with generic slasher plot
>/pol/ somehow manages to turn discussion of it into racebaiting
they're evolving
>>
Really made me think :^)
>>
>>71484445
>All those seemingly decent people with Hillary

Are they unaware she is literally Satan?
>>
>>71484445
It's not a Hollywood movie.
>>
The film's political stance is a rebuttal to skinhead punks, not exactly for their racial stance, but for their organization. The main characters are real punks, sleeping in their car, siphoning gas, living from show to show, etc. The skinhead punks, meanwhile, work for an old man who exudes "authority figure" with his every word and action. Basically the skinheads in the movie, and to an extent skinhead punks in real life, cannot be considered punk because they model themselves on an establishment ideal of fascism - their similar attire, their movement name literally defined by a short-cropped appearance they must maintain. Darcy says to his followers, "This is not a party, this is a movement" as an order, it's the antithesis of punk. The whole premise of the film is the punk characters trying to break out of a literal establishment the skinheads have trapped them in.
>>
>>71485095
If /pol/ wants to find an implication here, it's probably present in the simple fact that skinheads are used as antagonists because white supremacy is an easy mark of villainy. That said, it could be argued that the skinheads are not the villains just because white power = bad guys, but because the conflict in the film is representative of tensions that have existed for decades specifically within the punk community.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.