[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Hollywood used to actually put effort into summer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Live_Free_or_Die_Hard.jpg (49 KB, 295x432) Image search: [Google]
Live_Free_or_Die_Hard.jpg
49 KB, 295x432
Remember when Hollywood used to actually put effort into summer blockbusters? Live Free or Die Hard is literally the perfect summer action flick, and truly Bruce Willis' last great starring role.
>>
It has prime MEW in it too.
>>
i liked this movie. it's implausible and not really a die hard movie but it's a lot of fun and bruce willis actually gave a shit in it. also >>71481271 this
>>
>>71481249
>rated PG-13
>perfect action

No. Just no.
>>
>>71481387

there's an uncut R rated version innit

>>71481308

The only real implausible bit is having all kinds of data at your fingertips, reading John McClane's profile and not fucking packing it in.

but they're terrorist scum so I let it slide.
>>
>>71481249
With a Vengeance is better and also the pinnacle of the series.

> b-b-but muh original le best christmas movie of all time!
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>71481644

There is no reason to shit on a good movie for the sake of another good movie in the same series.

Stop that.
>>
>>71481644
Vengeance is good, but still prefer Live Free over it.
>>
>>71481387
Who cares how edgy it is? R rated movies just throw in unnecessary gore and fucking because le edginess
>>
Would have been better without the "I'm a Mac" guy.
>>
Objectively correct Die Hard Power Rankings

1 (if Christmas time, flip this)
POWER GAP
COLSSOAL MEGA POWER GAP
That shit show that was 5
>>
True patricians know A Good Day to Die Hard is best.
>>
>>71481644
3 was just a generic action movie with the Die Hard name thrown on. 1>2>4>3
>>
>>71481387
I'd rather no blood if it's just going to be CG
>>
this is a shit thread
>>
>>71482125
A big part of what made Die Hard good was the fact that McClane got hurt. Compared to other action movies at the time where the hero would stroll into a room with 30 henchmen and blast them all away without changing magazine, get shot in the chest and consider it a flesh wound - McClane felt realistic.He didn't like taking on more than one villain at a time (because then you'd be dead too, asshole!), and he was a limping, half-dead mess by the end of it.
>>
>>71482125
There's not a lot of added blood if i remember right. It has a much better conversation between Bruce Willis and Justin Long where Bruce is telling him that being a hero sucks and it cost him his family but he has to do it because nobody else was there to do it.

And it has the full yippee ki yay mother fucker line.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.