[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did audiences react to neon demon so much better than only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: refn.png (535 KB, 1110x650) Image search: [Google]
refn.png
535 KB, 1110x650
why did audiences react to neon demon so much better than only god forgives?
>>
something actually happens in neon demon
>>
>>71480669

a lot happens in OGF
>>
Because Thailand is garbage and the soundtrack for TND is very good
>>
They saw goose and expected Drive. Now they may know what to expect after seeing OGF and it wasn't as much of a shock.
>>
>>71480742

I doubt any of the mainstream audiences who saw OGF and hated it came back for Neon Demon
>>
How did the audience react in your theaters?

My theater was half full with a wide range of people. Everybody was pretty quiet and into it until the necrophilia scene. Then everyone started laughing and the laughs kept up sporadically for the remainder.
>>
>>71480851
There was only 7 of us
The old couple walked out after 20 minutes when another shot of Elle came up and the guy said "2 hours of this!? Fuck off!"
Other than that everything else was just silence and laughs at the jokes
>>
>>71480654
To use Refn's word, it's more commercial.
>>
People expected Only God Forgives to be 2 Drive 2 Furious.
>>
>>71481299

but mainstream audiences hated drive too
>>
Because there are more tits.
>>
>>71481334
Do you have friends? A majority liked drive
>>
Neon Demon will be remembered like Drive is for dudes but with 16 year old tumblr chicks down the road.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.