[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ned, take my baby and tell everyone he's yours. Also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (144 KB, 324x423) Image search: [Google]
image.png
144 KB, 324x423
>Ned, take my baby and tell everyone he's yours. Also, give him a romanticized view of what is essentially a prison for rapists and murderers and never tell your wife the truth despite you loving and trusting her. If there's time, claim him as a bastard instead of legitimizing him like you easily can to ensure he'll grow up ostracized and alone
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>71478195
>Also, give him a romanticized view of what is essentially a prison for rapists and murderers

Since the Night's Watch is saving the whole world that was a pretty good idea.

>never tell your wife the truth despite you loving and trusting her.
Ned didn't trust Cat.

>If there's time, claim him as a bastard instead of legitimizing him like you easily can
Only kings can legalize a bastard, and doing so would endanger his own bloodline.
>>
>>71478275
Didn't Bolton legitimize his son? And Robert would have legitimized Jon if asked. And since when did Ned not trust Cat?
>>
>>71478390
>Didn't Bolton legitimize his son?
No, Tommen legitimized Ramsay.

> And Robert would have legitimized Jon if asked.
Which Ned had no reason to ask (and no, so Jon would feel better is not a reason).

>And since when did Ned not trust Cat?
When he directly thinks about her and Jon?

>Even more so, what would Catelyn do, if it were Jon’s life, against the children of her body? He did not know. He prayed he never would.
>>
Oh and "oh he grew up alone!!!!"

>Every morning they had trained together, since they were big enough to walk; Snow and Stark, spinning and slashing about the wards of Winterfell, shouting and laughing, sometimes crying when there was no one else to see.

inb4 you post about "oh he couldn't eat at the same table" which is a shameless D&D retcon of not simply the books, but of what they established on their own show, that Jon not eating with them was an exceptional thing because Robert was there.
>>
>>71478477
I still think it's weird Ned wouldn't ask Robert to legitimize Jon, but I'll accept the other explanations, thanks.
>>
>>71478195

>he was a good friend
>>
>>71478195

All that before Robert died. If Robert found out, Jon would have been as dead as snow.
>>
>>71478549
Robert fought against the Targaryans. Jon is a Targaryan. And son of the woman Robert loved most, which is Lyanna Stark, neds sister.

Cant keep the son of a targaryan who "raped" the woman you loved. As in season 1 he even puts a bounty on the life of Dany.
>>
>>71478549
>>71479308
Exactly, Ned couldn't tell Robert about Jon's real heritage, and there would be no precedent to ask for legitimization unless he had no legal born heir.
>>
>>71480054
I don't mean tell Rob the truth, I mean just say to legitimize him as Ned's "real" son.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.