[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually care for Avatar and its future releases?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Does anyone actually care for Avatar and its future releases?
>>
>>71471171

Yeah kinda.

if we get a more grey perspective of the Na'vi instead of them being this super duper happy society it'd be great, space Apocalypto.
>>
Hopefully not. The only reason I would ever watch the original again is if they made it VR compatible.
>>
I'll give it a go if the trailers look okay, I guess. I have higher hopes for it than any upcoming piece of capetrash or this recent nostalgia cash-in trend.
>>
>>71471195
>kinda
this is about as enthusiastic as it gets. do you think it will be a box office embarrassment?
>>
>>71471171
If he hired good writers why not?

He's still a good director, it's just that with Titanic and Avatar he wanted to pander to the lowest common denominator by making the story as generic as possible. The action scenes were good, but the whole thing was just bloated as fuck.
>>
>>71472848
>He's still a good director
What gave you that impression?
>>
>>71473286
A few scenes including the final battle and the intro. The opening 5 min in particular set up the world and the main character efficiently while getting you excited about what you're gonna find on Pandora.
It's efficient and economical in a way I wish the rest of the film was.
>>
What are the sequels even about though?
>>
>>71471171
I Was bored out of my mind in the cinema. I watched it in 2D btw, maybe I would've enjoyed it a bit more in 3D. So basically I have 0 interest in these movies and will not see them in the cinema.
>>
I do.

I love Avatar simply for the world building and the more down to earth and realistic sci-fi aspects. Why should Star Wars and Star Trek rule over the sci-fi domain? Avatar always felt more connected and realistic and "possible". No teleportation or lasers or stuff like that.
I hold Cameron in high regard both in terms of his talent as a director/story teller and in terms of his creative and design process.

He is the best sci-fi action director that comes to mind and him being able to create an entire alien world including fantastic creatures and plants and landscape and also human tech and weapons makes me really giddy for the sequels.

The narrative of the first one was too simple and shallow for my taste, but I wouldn't say it was bad. I see it as the introduction to the world and he knew the audience would have to learn and accept a lot about the world he's introducing them to so I guess keeping the narrative simple in terms of plot and archetypes was a smart move.

He will deliver.
>>
>>71473915
blue niggers bein all victimised an shiet
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.