[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I recently just got back on shitflix in over a year, browse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: space man.png (608 KB, 764x566) Image search: [Google]
space man.png
608 KB, 764x566
so I recently just got back on shitflix in over a year, browse through movies and see one of the greatest movies of all time with a three star rating.

So my point is why are a majority of Netflix users autistic and just people who can't appreciate good films?
>>
Netflix's star ratings are a prediction of what you'll rate the film. They're not based on user-generated data.
>>
lol because its all women and weebs?
>>
>>71468000
2001 is shit, you're shit, and everyone that loves it is shit.

1# pretentious movie of all time, I got reasons for it, but fuck you.

you shit.
>>
>>71468056
are netflix users not offended by that? I would be
>>
>>71468056

In other words, you're autistic and can't appreciate good films, OP.

Congrats on outing yourself as a retard and a pleb.
>>
>>71468094
what are your top 10 movies?
>>
Netlflix stars are what their algorithim thinks you will rate it after watching, gathered from you history of viewing and rating.

I'd say the real pleb here is you, and you got outed by a fucking machine.
>>
>>71468056
Aren't ratings supposed to represent the general consensus on a movie?
>>
>>71468171
Not on Netflix. Like >>71468143 said, it's based on what their algorithm thinks you'll rate it, which is based on what you've rated other films previously.
>>
File: Gawd.jpg (19 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
Gawd.jpg
19 KB, 239x211
Because it's Netflix LOL
>>
>people genuinely think 2001 is a good movie
wat
>>
>>71468137
What Genre?

but I'd also say that when 2001 came out it was in between a decade of great sci-fi like 10 years after Forbidden Planet and 10 years before star wars, except for Planet of the Apes that came out the same year, which was a good sci-fi.

Kubrick has good cinematography and GOAT music there was a lot of flaws with 2001 execution overall, that look dated now.

For Sci-Fi I'd say Alien is top of the list, it's a protogen for the modern horror slasher film taking the beats from old western movies and being ahead of it's time with gender roles, which was taking the beats from Star Trek from a decade earlier.

Metropolis, terminator 2 (just because the terminator 1 plot was problem filled and I think T2 holds up better, even though it has a family aura to it is kinda of an interesting angle compared to the other "kids movies" likes robocop. The cop scene in T1 was fucking worth the entire movie though.

Wall-e, 1984, District 9, dark city which I wish was a bit better but it had some of the best mood and pacing, Star Trek 2, primer, and let's top it off with The Matrix because I like it's lookat skepticism.

I want to say the Star Wars movies, but really I never really remember the orginal cut and grew up on the remastered ones. I like Star Wars thematic style more then the any one of the movies. It's like a sci-fi LotR.
>>
>>71468599
It was a low period for sci-fi at that time, and it held it self high, which turns out to be because of a GREAT book, but since the movie isn't that book, it comes off pretentious.
>>
File: 1437067811262.gif (3 MB, 322x178) Image search: [Google]
1437067811262.gif
3 MB, 322x178
>>71468660
holy shit the plebiest of plebs dislikes 2001 what a surprise
>>
>>71468143
wow just like in the film
>>
>>71468000
The last act sucked, so I'd probably give it 4 stars for an otherwise atmospheric kino.
>>
>>71468000
I fucking hate 2001, this movie is like borderline unwatchable.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.