[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moviepass Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: moviepass-card.png (75 KB, 610x384) Image search: [Google]
moviepass-card.png
75 KB, 610x384
Can anyone tell me about their experiences using Moviepass? My roommate told me about it the other day and it sounds incredible.
>>
>>71461316
Shit. I don't mean this as a promo. I'm actually just curious if people on here have used it and what their thoughts are.
>>
what torrent site accepts movie pass?
>>
>>71461316
>that name
what are the odds!
>>
>>71461316
I also have only had positive experiences with this service and/or product. I highly recommend it, friends.
>>
My year is ending in august and I'm definitely going to renew. I just go see everything. Works at my local small theater and the big regal one. The only problem is sometimes the app doesn't work, but you just call their number and they manually check you in, only takes a minute or two. Other than that, its basically exactly what it offers. Pretty great deal if you have time to see shitloads of movies.
>>
>>71461316
The gold standard of products. Nothing but positive things to say about the product.
>>
>>71462021
Not trying to be creepy, but are you in Lawrence by any chance?
>>
File: what is this fucking image.jpg (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
what is this fucking image.jpg
124 KB, 500x375
Hold up, hold up, hold up! Important update! I've been using moviepass for the past three or so months and loving it. Live in a moderate size market, so pay 40 a month instead of 30, but go see every single new release. Don't care about 3D, don't care about imax, love seeing smaller stuff like Green Room, even getting to brag about seeing absolute crap like Meet the Blacks in a theater by myself to my dummy friends.

HOWEVER, the co-founder of Netflix took over as CEO literally 2 days ago and shit is taking a hard left turn within the next 2 weeks. The 40 dollar plan is from now on going to be the "base" plan, and will only get 6 movies in any given month. The "deluxe" plan will cost $100 dollars a month, and will be basically the same as the existing plan, except that now you DO get 3D and imax. That's 150% price increase. I was currently around $500 a year to get to see every movie that gets released at my local multiplexes once. Now that price is getting jacked up to $1200. Don't think i'm gonna stick with it. I'm willing to wait for the torrents, and the normies who only go to major, major releases can take my place on the $40 plan.
>>
File: mike.jpg (69 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
69 KB, 560x420
Same poster as. >>71463993
Just wanted to add that these changes are taking place like immediately. As in the next billing cycle. If you sign up for a plan in august, it's going to be the shitty 1.5 times as much version, and even the normies who don't know about the service yet are going to be pissed off about the product once they realize it doesn't get them 3D or imax movies. I also guarantee that this actually IS a shill thread because the change of CEO happened within the past 48 hours and a marketing blitz for the product suddenly happened just within those past 2 days. If moviepass suddenly seems to be everywhere to you, it IS because the guys who run redbox and netflix are trying to put it in your heads, because the service has been around for like 3 years already without anybody knowing about it. When I tell friends about it, I feel like I'm letting them know about some scam that I shouldn't be.
>>
>>71463993
>>71464256
Will this Netflix mastermind get it to go full meme like 'Netflix and chill'?
>>
File: mitch-lowe-moviepass.jpg (111 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
mitch-lowe-moviepass.jpg
111 KB, 670x377
>>71464321
He isn't with netflix anymore, but if you watch the fake news presentation they put out via Bloomberg, you can see them using the Netflix and chill meme in a derogatory way to make Netflix seem dirty and cheap, and make Movies seem "Classy". They even specifically bring up the cliche of the "romantic" movie and a dinner date as a counterbalance. Fucking armchair psychologist marketers. You can see the deadness behind his eyes sitting in that fake interview. This is an official photo of the new CEO released THROUGH Moviepass, which I would assume is of his office because it looks like there's a picture of his kids behind him on the bookshelf. Most of the books look like their about the military. This guy is a fucking snake.
>>
>>71464527
There are also a lot of hoops you have to jump through to be able to use the service. You can't pre-order tickets, you have to physically show up at your theater and "check in", which gives you 30 minutes to buy your ticket. Families will not put up with that shit. This would pretty much be a product for retirees and singles with no dating prospects, but they've cut out the retirees because you HAVE to be using a smartphone with a GPS for the service to work, and old people will not be able to wrap their heads around it. This service will not work for a mass audience, is niche by nature, and they're taking it away from the customers who already have it and actually want it to try and trick people who are too dumb to know it's not what they actually want into signing up for it, forgetting they have it, and just letting the service bill them once a month (i.e. parents and teens.) Sorry guys, it won't work. Especially if you go to a theater with reserved seating. You're going to sync up your brood of three, each with their own smartphones and subscriptions to the app, so that you guys are all sure you're sitting next to each other at the 2D showing of The BFG? Not happening. And most teens, contrary to popular belief, do not have their own money, and their not going to spend it on this or be able to convince their parents to. "Go watch something on Netflix or the cable I'm already paying for," those parents will say. And moviepass will die, unless they revamp it again in a hurry. The product cannot be profitable. It isn't designed to be. It was a stupid product made by an overly ambitious startup for a dying industry that was too good to be true for its customers and a bad idea bought by dumb investors. I'm out, Mick's out, everybody's out, in 5 years it doesn't exist anymore. Or, they figure out a better model, and I eat my words. But as it stands, I'm just pissed off I jumped on the bandwagon so late for this one.
>>
>you will never take anything as seriously as a couple of these autists take a subscription-based service for going to movie theaters
>>
>>71466173
Just one autist. They're basically stealing what there is to steal of how I "get out of the house."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.