[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gods Of Egypt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 300x462
Despite turning Set and the other gods into transformers, does anyone else think this film deserves credit for how U unabrashly literally it depicts Egyptian mythology?

There's none of that usual 'events that inspired the myths' hand wave, you'd get like we've ever they do king Arthur or Great mythology.

The gods are real and live a men, the underworld is real, Ra has to bring the sun up every morning. The Earth is quite literally flat. There is no attempt to try to rationalise to it an historical setting or real world logic in the slightest.
>>
I liked it.
>>
no one knows the actual myths so they bash it for being stupid
>>
>>71461204
its poopy
>>
>>71461204
I liked it but it's glaringly obvious how flawed it is and the mythology doesn't come in to play because it's a different reality.
>>
It was surprisingly entertaining.
>>
>>71461204
It was one thing having Gerard Butler play a Greek, but having him play an Egyptian!? They're on opposite sides of the world!
>>
Too white
>>
>>71461283
It's not a straight adaption from the book of the dead no, but it is one where the myths are completely explicitly unapologetically real.

Usually a story about say Troy would have that stuff cut out entirely fully or left ambiguous. This movie doesn't try that in the slightest. The sun is actually dragged across the sky on a daily basis by chariot.
>>
>>71461204
Not white enough
>>
personally had a wicked good time with it
>>
File: 1456883306305.jpg (68 KB, 620x533) Image search: [Google]
1456883306305.jpg
68 KB, 620x533
I thought it was okay, my friends shit on it but the two lead characters did pretty good with what they had. The sub-plot with the two younger actors was pretty abysmal though
>>
>>71461204
This sounds fucking cool desu.
>>
It's weird. I can see myself rewatching this more often than BvS

It was genuinely fun
>>
>>71461548
>It's not a straight adaption from the book of the dead no, but it is one where the myths are completely explicitly unapologetically real. Usually a story about say Troy would have that stuff cut out entirely fully or left ambiguous. This movie doesn't try that in the slightest. The sun is actually dragged across the sky on a daily basis by chariot.
This is a nice change of pace, I agree.

Might actually see this.
>>
>Exodus: Gods and Kings
>There is no God
>plagues and miracles are all natural phenomena
>Moses is degenerate delusional schizo
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.