[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autistic /tv/ things you did as a kid/teen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 15
File: angry agent smith.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
angry agent smith.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1080
I think I've watch Lord of the Rings, Matrix Trilogy, Kill Bill and Star Wars OT at least 20 times each since I was a middle schooler.

I was 12 when the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions came out, basically thought it was the greatest event in cinematic history. Forced my dad to take me to see both movies on release date even though he didn't fucking know what the Matrix was. Had posters of Smith and Neo on my bedroom walls in middle school, action figures, played the Enter the Matrix game a lot. Basically I was that autistic Matrix kid who thought trenchcoats were cool and kept running off walls.

I've watched these three fights at least 100 times each:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4WjZstgWiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUb3jzSXJcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Kw3U4EnYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aFv8IQb4s

My parents would get fucking tired of me watching the same movies over and over again. Sometimes I'd just skip only to the Burly Brawl or final fight of Smith vs Neo, or the House of Blue Leaves scene. I almost cried watching the final Neo vs Smith battle, it was like SSJ3 Goku vs Super Buu except a lot better. I would watch tons of crappily animated Newgrounds flash animations of Neo vs Smith as stick figures set to the Burly Brawl music. I think the Burly Brawl music and Messiah music has been permanently implanted into my brain because of watching these fight scenes hundreds of fucking times. I would watch them on Google Video or YouTube a lot.

To be quite honest I really miss being obsessed with movies in the mid 2000s.

Was anybody else an intolerable faggot as a kid?
>>
Yeah I had a Matrix phase when those movies came out too

I read every single analysis online about the philosophies, metaphors, references and all that shit.

Also

>that music during the final Smith/Neo fight
>>
i really liked the animatrix and me and my friends would get stoned and watch it. prolly seen it like 30 times. its still dope
>>
File: neo flying 2.gif (758 KB, 160x105) Image search: [Google]
neo flying 2.gif
758 KB, 160x105
also this probably goes without saying but this was my signature on every single bbcode forum I was a member of.

>>71460859
YES this. Fuck I spent so much time as a kid reading essays about the philosophy of the matrix, Neo as a Christ figure, kept getting angry at shitty reviews for the sequels, would argue about them with people on forums. Mostly though I just REALLY liked those shitty flash animations based on the smith/neo fights that got posted on Newgrounds.

And that music is the Messiah music I was talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzZ9OA8TVRo

>>71460998
if you didn't spend time in the 2000s stoned watching matrix/animatrix you didn't really get to be a teen
>>
File: kek beckons.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
kek beckons.gif
490 KB, 382x498
>tfw you'll never break out of the Matrix
>the closest thing you'll have is lucid dreams
>>
I still contend that you could make an incredible ~3 hour movie by combining Reloaded, Revolutions and all the Enter the Matrix footage and taking out a lot of the excess shit.
>>
>>71461656
Honestly yes. There was a lot of unnecessary shit.

Basically they should have mainly focused only on Morpheus, Neo and Trinity, maybe the triangle of Naobi, Morpheus and Lock just to keep things interesting. But the whole focus on Link and Zee, also that one kid who's the biggest Neo fanboy on Earth just kind of distracts the audience a lot. Subtract shitty characters no one liked like the French faggot, maybe add more scenes of Neo actually manipulating things in the Matrix, bring back the kid from the Oracle and the movies would have been better.

Also as much as I like the idea of Neo dying to end the war, the ending was just shit. Literally "lol the little girl made a rainbow, the matrix is still up but everything is great now!". Also the robots could have just tossed Neo's corpse away, said "Thanks for killing Smith and rebooting the Matrix" and decided to pillage Zion.

I still can't feel at ease with the end of Revolutions, but the final fight of Neo vs Smith was one of the few cases where I think it was everything I wanted it to be.
>>
>>71461656
>Enter The Matrix
I remember renting that game before the local blockbuster shut down.

>>71461774
>that one kid
That's the kid that killed himself and got out in the Animatrix. It made more sense if you saw those before Reloaded.
>no one liked like the French faggot
he was awesome you must have pretty bad taste

Also the story was meant to be continued in The Matrix Online. It got pretty convoluted before being shut down. Wonder if there's any private servers up.
>>
File: 1467062357519.png (29 KB, 882x1289) Image search: [Google]
1467062357519.png
29 KB, 882x1289
I went to every single Lord of the rings premiere. Alone,
>>
>>71460727
Fuck off, The Matrix is the definition of kino.
>>
>>71460727
I've been running with my arms behind my back since at least 2011. I've never watched Naruto or any other kind of ninja/spy meme series, so I don't know why did I start doing this. I don't do it as a joke. As soon as I feel the need to run quickly, I intuitively adopt this position. Back in Highschool, I used to win a lot of races with this shit in gym class or whatever that course is called. I got assaulted several times by retards trying to rob me (I walk a lot, even during nightime) and I always escaped running like this, except maybe the first or second time when I escaped running like a normal person because I was not used to this secret technique yet. I still don't find a good reason to stop doing it. Pic related, of course.
>>
>>71462263
i would also like to experience faggotry
>>
File: frank running.jpg (92 KB, 1946x1066) Image search: [Google]
frank running.jpg
92 KB, 1946x1066
>>71462263
Frank please

>>71462051
that sucks. I always watched them with my older bro. I did spend many christmas holidays rewatching the lotr dvds though.

>>71461987
>I remember renting that game before the local blockbuster shut down.

literally my life. i remember paying late fees because I didn't want to send it back.

I never really liked the French guy, he just annoyed the hell out of me and I wanted to punch him in the face. If it weren't for Belucci being his wife I'd rather him just be out of the movie.

I'm pretty sure the Wachowskis just gave up on the Matrix Online project due to too much competition. Matrix kinda stopped being interesting to people after 2003, although I guess it is a permanent part of pop culture now.
>>
>>71460727

not really answering your post..but

i watch the elephant man whenever i get depressed

always snaps me out of feeling sorry for myself because it's really a triumph of the spirit movie

i watch chariots of fire for competitiveness...you have to learn to draw from whatever you are familiar with to concentrate and win

i watch the godfather movies to remember honor and responsibility...just watch michaels gait to see what i mean
>>
>tfw movies in 2003

>Return of the King
>Matrix 2 and 3
>Pirates of the Caribbean 1
>Kill Bill 1
>X-Men 2
>Master and Commander
>Last Samurai

Epic year tbqhfams
>>
File: 1382617083082s.jpg (5 KB, 180x250) Image search: [Google]
1382617083082s.jpg
5 KB, 180x250
mfw I was already 18 when the first Matrix came out
>>
File: gandalf tears.gif (52 KB, 327x200) Image search: [Google]
gandalf tears.gif
52 KB, 327x200
>>71462520
goddamn

I remember watching a LOT of good movies with my older bros that year. Almost all those movies mentioned I ended up watching in sleepovers with my older brother and his then girlfriend (now wife and mother of my niece/nephew) who had moved out of the house recently. He'd let me watch all the violent movies mom wouldn't and take me to see Lord of the Rings.

fuck now that I think about it... he and his now wife even bought me the boxed set of lord of the rings. he was really great to me when i was a kid.

Man I have to be honest, I think that post is going to make me call my brother just to call him and see some movie again. the nostalgia from all those movies is hitting me hard now.
>>
>>71462263
kyle motes
>>
File: 1463106832004.jpg (40 KB, 441x441) Image search: [Google]
1463106832004.jpg
40 KB, 441x441
>>71460727
Drive came out my senior year of high school. I loved the movie so much I went to Walmart and bought about 10 packs of toothpicks intending to always have one in my mouth and offer them to people at my school. I wanted to be known as "The Toothpick Guy" and actually did this for like 3 weeks until I realized how autistic this was. There were literally like 4 people who actually took them.
>>
I watched the first Pirates of the Caribbean film in theaters probably at least ten times. I apologized to my mom for it because it must have been fucking hell.
>>
File: trump cringe lol.png (107 KB, 253x220) Image search: [Google]
trump cringe lol.png
107 KB, 253x220
>>71462864
I think you might have just won the thread.
>>
>>71462864
bruh...
>>
File: pepe keke speaks.gif (2 MB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
pepe keke speaks.gif
2 MB, 286x400
>>71462864
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2Z0qhhgk4
>>
>>71461518
Is this some sort of hyper rare Pepe
>>
File: 1464897992104.jpg (46 KB, 536x536) Image search: [Google]
1464897992104.jpg
46 KB, 536x536
>>71462864
WEW
W
E
W

Reach for the stars, anon
>>
I bought vhs tapes. Shitloads of them. Mostly animation, had all of rocky and bullwinkle and tons of looney tunes. I had over a thousand when my dad made me start getting rid of them. Kind of wish I kept more, like all the Star Wars movies.

Among the 30 or so I have left are a few volumes of a german prank show collection, I don't even know german.
>>
>>71462136
This. Anyone who hates Matrix Reloaded is an absolute moron.

Also that chase scene leading up to Trinity's death in Revolutions was fucking solid
>>
>>71462864
>Times you were the Driver
>>
I had a lucid dream just last night and the dream felt so god damn real as I observed my surroundings and made me question if the dream wasn't some sort of real world in itself. Then I woke up and asked "How is this any different?"
>>
File: blessed dubs of kek.png (181 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
blessed dubs of kek.png
181 KB, 800x600
>>71463377
use with care, young Padawan. May the blessings of the Qek, the wife's son, be with you.
>>
>>71463416
>bullwinkle and looney tunes

I just torrented a ton of looney tunes. they're the only truly great cartoons besides awesome shit like this. I had a ton of vhs too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20FhxjCaSEk
>>
File: Epiphany Chicken.gif (2 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
Epiphany Chicken.gif
2 MB, 280x200
>>71463524
Fugh
>>
File: acid pepe.jpg (138 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
acid pepe.jpg
138 KB, 499x499
>>71463495
if you're in a lucid dream, you should check the time twice. the passage of time according to clocks and watches never seems to pass realistically, this is one way to tell you're asleep. if you really focus on realizing you're dreaming without waking up, you can do things like imagine you're really flying through the air, or about to fuck the girl of your dreams. basically neo is like the one guy in the matrix who can lucid dream properly. Smith only gains power equaling Neo's after he assimilates the Oracle.
>>
>>71463641
Damn I wish my dreams were vivid enough to actually make me question whether I was in one or not, once I realized I might be in one. It's like as soon as I get the idea that I might be dreaming, it becomes super obvious that by how hazy everything and retarded everything is.
Getting control of what happens is a different thing altogether. I like to look at an object (that probably made no sense being there in the first place) and then resolute to turning around and making it be gone when I turn back. Once it starts to work, I start gaining control of more and more until I get so absorbed in whatever I'm doing that I lose lucidity. I'm sure it's a matter of practicing visualization.

If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out my blog :)
>>
>>71460727
>Matrix Trilogy, Kill Bill
Me as a kid. Plus Spiderman 1 and 2, and X-Men 2. Watched the fuck out of those action sequences.
>>
>>71464708
speaking of dreams, ever had dem impossible ones?
It's happened to me twice in my life, and both times I woke up sweating, thankful I did in this godawful earth
>>
>>71464780
>spiderman 1 and 2

forgot these, the second was the best
>>
>>71465223
Second one is still probably one of the best cape movies ever, though I haven't watched it in years. Probably because I would watch it like every other day or week when I was younger.

>that clock-tower to train sequence

FUCK me, that's still probably one of my favorite action scenes from any superhero to date.

I also watched the fuck out of Rush Hour 2. Would literally watch it every day for one summer. Took me a while until I realized that I would literally sit there every damn day and watch the full movie pretty much. Those were good times.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.