[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was trailer park boys ruined?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: trailer-park-boys.jpg (38 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
trailer-park-boys.jpg
38 KB, 500x264
Just finished watching seasons 8-10 after getting Netflix for the first time. What the actual fuck has happened to this series since Netflix picked it up?

>little niglet children running around acting like fucking thugs
>Lahey becomes totally incompetent all of the sudden, almost a fucking side character now
>the tranny that was supposed to be a simple running gag is now a full cast member from fucking left field
>fucking plot holes everywhere, lol who gives a fuck about consistent characterization?
>fucking attack of the dyke warriors

What the fuck were they trying to do? The series had an ending, it had a fucking comfy, neatly wrapped ending and they decided to fuck with it, not even fucking bothering to care about continuity

I'm fucking mad
>>
>>71457947
>1
stop crying hoom
>>
>>71457947
First came the normies. After the normies comes the SJW.
It's a shame too. I likes that show
>>
>>71458022

I don't know if I can be fucked to watch the next season they have coming up....
>>
>>71457947
I recall there being a lot of drama with the actors of Corey and Trevor, basically they handled all of the filming and shit and were making far less than the main cast (they got huge bonuses and salary increases for/after the first movie).
Ironically, they were also the ones keeping the plot more grounded, the point everything goes to shit can be directly linked to the moment their characters were written off the show.
>>
>>71457947
>>71458471
link with in-depth detail if you're interested
http://libcom.org/library/trailer-park-boys-what-really-happened-cory-trevor
>>
>>71457947
The boys took over the writing. Shitmates took over the shitsylum.
>>
File: 1464757901334.jpg (52 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1464757901334.jpg
52 KB, 500x376
>>71458558
>>
All the celebrity appearances got fucking old quick. Felt like I was watching an episode of The New Scooby Doo Movies. Except for Tom Arnold.
>>
>>71458558
This. Mike Clattenburg and the other writers/producers gave the show wit and tact. The new seasons seem crude and amateurish.
>>
>>71457947
Mike Clattenburg losing the passion and then quitting

The boys failing to do anything else remotely worthwhile (see: Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour, Swearnet) means they'll ride their one cash cow for as long as possible
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.