[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Spartacus_Blood_and_Sand.jpg (443 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Spartacus_Blood_and_Sand.jpg
443 KB, 1600x1200
Just finished the first episode of this show, and while there were many things I like about I do have a question. What is with all the fucking slow-motion? The pilot couldn't go 5 seconds without using it. It's obnoxious.

Do they tone in down in later episodes? If not I might have to drop it
>>
Yeah, it gets a lot better.
>>
>>71454793
hang in there, op

the first episode is terrible and it takes a few episodes to get good.
>>
i miss the fucking live threads
>>
>>71454793
It gets heavier
>>
>>71454793
Yes! Oh man, please get past like 3rd episode. The show honestly becomes fucking incredible from there to the end of the season. It's so good, that I haven't watched the remaining seasons out of fear of disappointment
>>
>>71454966
I miss Ilithyia's tits
>>
>>71454793
The slow motion continues throughout the show, being used in odd places at times. It's worth it though.
>>
>>71455015
i haven't finished the 3rd season but gods of the arena was fucking great.
>>
File: 7[1].jpg (29 KB, 800x461) Image search: [Google]
7[1].jpg
29 KB, 800x461
>>71454793
It's full of slow-motion and CGI blood throughout, but the first episode is the worst about it.
>>
I miss the tits and dicks
>>
>>71455263
lmao
>>
>>71454793
Yes
I think it tried to be like/have the vibe of 300 in the first few episodes. But it gets really good.
>>
>>71454793
>Lucretia

Hnnnnnng. Every time.
>>
This show was desperately trying to be 300. It abused slow motion for a while, but it gets really good later. Keep it up OP.
>>
>>71454793
Is the thread samefagging this hard or what. The show is moderately entertaining but nothing I would call great, or good even.
>>
>>71454793
I couldn't get through the first episode because of this and the shit acting
>>
>>71455426
>>71455491
They used a lot of 300 styling because it was cheap and good for the time.
Later seasons stopped using it as much because they got higher budgets for better CGI and real sets.
>>
>>71454853
>>71454937
>>71455015
>>71455085
>>71455426
>>71455491
You've convinced me to continue, thanks. Also finding out it shares producers and writers with Hercules, Xena, Buffy and Angel was a pleasant surprise.

>>71455487
Lawless is hot as fuck in this, even sexier than she was in Xena. How is that even possible?
>>
>>71454793

>you will never be a poor gladiator that she uses for sexual release
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.