[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Characters who LITERALLY did nothing wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: High_Sparrow.jpg (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
High_Sparrow.jpg
40 KB, 512x512
> puts two selfish "queens" behind bars, humbles them
> jails degenerate faggot
> unites the city under a noble cause
> super chill to the poor
> no vanity

You know it's true
>>
>walks around barefeet
>shows his gross chest hair to everyone
>>
>Peasant fucking shit thinks he can command nobles
>gets squashed
Best moment of the season desu
>>
>>71454417

>Be a completely nameless poor faggot
>Dress like a fucking bum and probably smell like shit all the time
>Decide one day to preach some religious bullshit and gain a following of peasant fucking shits
>Think its a good idea to imprison the queen and other highborn people actually worth a shit
>Gets blown the fuck out as everyone expected

He was a shit character who couldnt into the game of thrones
>>
He's insane. He wanted Jaime to kill him so that the sparrows could kill Jaime, and he would rather everyone in the Sept die instead of delaying his farce of a trial.
>>
>>71454562
This. Based statists
>>
>>71454417
Fuck me how good did it feel to see a bunch of religious extremists allahuakbar'd to fucking green death?
>>
File: FatFedoraFuck.png (230 KB, 395x352) Image search: [Google]
FatFedoraFuck.png
230 KB, 395x352
>>71454639
I hope this is bait
>>
>>71455119
nice selfie loser
>>
>>71454417
He was pure. He simply needed to use some slight "force" (extremely minor considering what has happened in this setting) because King's Landing is full of sociopaths.
>>
>>71455175
you destroyed him there
>>
>>71454417
Agreed, he was the hero the people needed.

He will be avenged, heed my words.
>>
He was a fucking retard that should have realize you have to kill a snake right away not hold it up and tell everyone what a bad snake it is.

He was being vain as fuck with the trial and all that bullshit surrounding it. He had his own form of 'divine' hubris and got BTFO because of it.
>>
>>71454417
At the beginning it seemed like his master plan was crashing this feudal society with no nobles and I actually found that pretty interesting.

The series is set in ass backwards medieval times and its all about noble assholes fighting for power, having one guy in there who legitimately just wants to bring the whole thing crashing down and possibly institute an entirely new system was interesting.

In the end though they just made him into a simple religious zealot. After he got Tommen under control it was like all his scheming stopped so apparently that's all he ever wanted, faith and crown united. I also didn't like how they made him seem so dumbfounded at the end like "omg but I thought the gods were on my side!".

It would have been better if he had Tommen killed or started deliberately giving him bad counsel in an effort to turn people against the monarchy and his death would have been allot more interesting if he revealed an end goal like ending the oppression of feudalism before he died but instead its just "lol religious nut job went boom xD".
>>
>>71455898
He thought he was playing chess with Cersei. But Cersei was playing checkers.
>>
>>71454417
Another pointless character introduced out of the blue, then predictably killed, then everything go back to were it was. Bravo DeeDee.
>>
File: BamwN.gif (2 MB, 350x266) Image search: [Google]
BamwN.gif
2 MB, 350x266
>>71456110
>>
>>71455898
Yeah, I also would have like if they had made him a dirty pig and show him at the beginning of the episode naked in bed with some kids, then getting dressed and going to judge the sinners.
>>
>bunch of smelly dudes in robes who carve symbols into their forehead and carry sticks around threatening people

yeah nah he was a huge faggot. He should have been killed way earlier
>>
>>71455423

>High Sparrow refuses to let anyone leave the Sept
>the wildfire goes off
>Sept explodes
>Cersei smiling and acting all victorious
>Tommen jumps from the balcony and kills himself
>back to the Sept
>nobody inside the Sept is dead
>The seven gods protected them
>they march on to the castle to give her their divine retribution
>becomes a siege plot line as Cersei tries to starve them out
>>
>>71454417
Bernie's side quest got in the way of the main plot, he had to go.
>>
>>71454417
>uses faith to manipulate people

>>71454573
That - he overstimated himself
>>
File: 998.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
998.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
>>71454417
What was the point of the whole Margery plotlibe in s6?
Why did they make her look like a great manipulator, scheming against the Sparrow while pretending to be holy and shit, when they fucking killed her for muh "WOW" effect.

Are Dolce and Gabanna fucking incompetent retards?
>>
>>71454417
He was a zealot. Nothing good comes from them being in power. Truth is, until he got complete control, he was still manageable, but the moment he thought he had it all down, everyone under his thumb, he mutilates loras, he locks everyone in with him, he even believes that he can drag cersi from the red keep despite failing g the last like 2 times he tried. Power gets to his head and he becomes delusional about his influence.
So it's really not about what he did wrong so much as once he got into the position of power he wanted, he thought he could do no wrong. He believed himself infallible by his gods and thus became over confident.

Also anti gay imprisonment and corporal punishment. There is his obvious wrong
>>
>>71454417
He triggered the liberal nobility like no other, he was a hero.
We need someone like him today to bring the Clintons and the Bushes down to where they belong.
>>
>>71455119
Friendly reminder that Christians are the fattest people in the US and that your brain never developed past the stage of believing fairy tales.
>>
>>71456439
Too predictable but desu I'm surprised they didn't do that considering how popular it would be.

I'm saying he would have been interesting if he was really trying to "topple the empire" like he said to Jamie but he wasn't, in the end he just wanted to be part of it.

What's worse is it seems like they're trying position Danny as the destroyer of feudalism and that's just retarded. A man of the people who rises from nothing and dies while using admittedly questionable methods to try and end feudalism would be interesting, le ebin dragon queen telling people things are different now even though she's really just as psycho as any other ruler is stupid.
>>
>>71457202
>muh "WOW" effect.

How long after Game of Thrones first killed a main character did you wait before you started this special snowflake contrarian act? Right after Ned Stark? The whole premise of the show is that no one is immune. If you're too stupid to grasp that go watch sports or reality TV.
>>
Yeah I'll miss the guy. Most interesting char of the season after based Sandor.
>>
>>71457408
Thats not what i asked, sperg.

The point is, that it was fucking retarded to hint for something interesting with Marg and the religion, to turns out its was just a pointless red herring
>>
>>71457202
Cersei revived the Faith Militant so she could turn the Church of the Seven against the Tyrells. They arrested Margaery and Loras and stuck em in the cells. But then they turned around and arrested her too, leading to the shame walk.

Marg wanted to ally herself with the Faith and get back at Cersei.

It was just the resolution of the Lannister/Tyrell KL plotline. Im ok with it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.