[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw a thread earlier about the new Godzilla coming out lat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: GODZILLA14REV.jpg (69 KB, 730x371) Image search: [Google]
GODZILLA14REV.jpg
69 KB, 730x371
I saw a thread earlier about the new Godzilla coming out later this year and it got me wondering, what is the general consensus of Godzilla 14 here?

I thought it was worth seeing mainly for this scene alone in the cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmZJiBZtahk

Also general Godzilla thread I guess
>>
You mean The MUTO Movie?
>>
>>71453947
It was too fucking dark to see anything
>>
>>71453947
I think the general consensus is that the scenses where godzilla appears are pretty good, the problem is that its just like 20 minutes run time.

I think the godzilla design was pretty good, the last time 'merica tried they pulled of 'zilla, so it makes it up. But like the guy at cinemassacre said; every time usa tries to make a godzilla movie Japan answers with a greater version. With that in mind I have high hopes.

besides
>bringing back the burning godzilla
pretty awesome
>>
>>71453947
I would agree with your assessment.

As a Godzilla fan, I was just happy to see an acceptable American rendition with some cool moments. That being said, I was disappointed by the lack of screentime and lackluster characters.

So overall, I enjoyed it and thought it was worth it but I totally understand how average movie goers would find it lackluster and unsatisfying.
>>
>>71453947
i liked it was dark and "dark"... only thing humans managed to do is fuck the nest of the two bugs Godzila for the win and the halo was epic dont know why people dont like it... humans canot winn evri scifi
>>
>>71453947
I liked it a little bit more than the ferris bueller one
>>
>>71454406

It had a better soundtrack for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxuodY-c0yU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwBRn2NKWM
>>
>>71454533
fucking this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCHJH3NU7no
>>
>>71454533
Dubs dont lie
>>
>>71454270
> its just like 20 minutes run time
Try 10. Out of 2 hours.

It tries to be human drama with the monsters as the backdrop. However, its characters aren't engaging and there isn't enough monster action to compensate for that weakness. It takes itself too seriously, chooses to tease Godzilla until the third act, and it has a throwaway score. And as an origin story named after Godzilla, the titular character is almost a complete afterthought. Aside from some interesting cinematography and the novelty of seeing Godzilla rendered with Hollywood effects, it's ultimately empty and forgettable.
>>
>>71454681

I didn't mind the tone and to a certain extent how zilla was a backdrop.

A huge error I thought was not showing the airport fight showing that I think would have kept people satisfied till the third act
>>
>>71455013
Except, Godzilla wasn't about Godzilla. The plot revolved around the MUTOs. The namesake could be written out altogether without altering much. The tone and focus would have worked better in story about a man struggling to protect his family against a malevolent Godzilla and he eventually gets caught up in the trying to repel the monster when he has no other choice. Or switch the perspective to Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe. Have them work together to solve the mystery and give Godzilla more presence. Would have been infinitely more interesting than what we got. Edwards and friends dropped the ball.
>>
I went to see it 4 times in theaters just for the cinematography and sound design. The explosion at the beginning or the MUTOs sounded amazing in theater.

It's very in your face and flashy but I really dig e2 work
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.