[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys remember me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: CaptaiN_America_civil_war.jpg (200 KB, 1000x1432) Image search: [Google]
CaptaiN_America_civil_war.jpg
200 KB, 1000x1432
Hey guys

remember me?
>>
No, first Avengers/Cap movie I just didnt care to see. They've been so cookie-cutter. Smaller properties like GotG and Ant-Man are better. I imagine Strange will follow suit.
>>
>>71451601
literally who?
>>
>>71451601
Good riddance. :^)
Reading Armond's review was more fun than the movie itself.
>>
>>71451601
Yep. I liked you a lot better than BvS.
>>
File: 1464417610256.jpg (140 KB, 354x511) Image search: [Google]
1464417610256.jpg
140 KB, 354x511
>Movie drops the Registration theme for muh husbando
>Aside from Tony and Rhodey, no one gives a shit about the most important thing here.
>Bad CGI/Shaky camera, etc. The Russos are bland at cinematography.
>The fake leaked plot was so much better.
>Zemo is a boring, cliche villain.
>>
fuck off, we're arguing about bvs
>>
so whats the chronological order of these movies

captain america the first avenger is obviously the first one, and infinity war will be the last one
>>
>>71451725
This, it was clean and easy to follow. BvS was so dark and complicated, the cinematography in CW was a lot calmer and brighter for me almost like a tv commercial.
>>
File: 1467120811300.jpg (200 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1467120811300.jpg
200 KB, 717x880
>>71451806
>>
File: 1460031757657.jpg (45 KB, 318x360) Image search: [Google]
1460031757657.jpg
45 KB, 318x360
>>71451806
>the cinematography in CW was a lot calmer and brighter for me almost like a tv commercial.
>tv commercial
>>
File: 1467078463841.jpg (55 KB, 700x425) Image search: [Google]
1467078463841.jpg
55 KB, 700x425
>>71451806
>the cinematography in CW was a lot calmer and brighter
>like a tv commercial
>>
>>71451806
Marvel fans, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>71451601
no one is interested in discussing this garbage quipfest.

there is a reason BvS threads get hundreds of comments and are always on the front page while you can't even pay people to post in CW threads.

BvS is genuine art filled with elements worthy of discussing, while CW is at best a mildly entertaining flick to turn your brain off to.
>>
>>71452661
More people discuss The Room now than they do Saving Private Ryan. Bad movies are discussed more because they bring everyone together to laugh at them.
>>
>>71451601
When does it come out?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 436x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 436x228
>>71452093
>>71451945
Stop.
>>
>>71452774
kys redditor
>>
File: 1429282883648.png (138 KB, 626x566) Image search: [Google]
1429282883648.png
138 KB, 626x566
>>71452329
kek
>>
>>71452774
>if i post on reddit i can call them redditors!!!!
that isn't how it works entry level
>>
>>71452719
>saving private ryan is in the archive
>the room isn't
bad example
>>
File: turkish airlines.png (501 KB, 682x510) Image search: [Google]
turkish airlines.png
501 KB, 682x510
Yes, one of my favorite movies of the year. Right next to the Nice Guys and Neon Demon. The problem with /tv/ culture is if something is good no one wants to talk about it except for the few who want to go against the grain and say its actually really bad. Those threads tend to stay up because of arguments but when there's nothing left to argue about everyone just stops because thats how /tv/ works.
>>
>>71453015
scary how accurate this is.
>>
>>71451790
Captain America: The First Avenger (Past segments) Iron Man > Iron Man 2 > The Incredible Hulk > Thor > Captain America: The First Avenger (future segments) > The Avengers > Iron Man 3 > Thor: The Dark World > Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Guardians of the Galaxy > Avengers: Age of Ultron > Ant-Man > Captain America: Civil War

Pretty much the order in which they came out.
>>
>>71453015
Civil War was plenty serious in the third act, everyone shits on Thor's movies, that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>71453157
Civil War isn't good though. It's an entertaining flick sure but it has zero substance to it. There is one discussion that pays lip service to some larger political and ideological themes and then it's ignored throughout the entire rest of the movie. There were zero stakes and they removed any tension in favor of lame quips and cap's love letter to tony at the end, rhodes walking again, etc.

It was an entertaining children's movie at best.
>>
>>71453283
Stakes dont magically make a movie good. Its a movie about the characters relationships and that is the stake. Avengers and Age of Ultron both had world ending stakes and they are worse, death does not make a story better and the movie did not end in the airport fight. This complaint is so dumb, and by responding to my post just looking to argue about the movie you're only proving my point right.
>>
It's been what two months? And I barely remember the plots. The only scenes I actually remember are spider-man quips.
>>
>>71453414
it's not about world ending stakes retard it's about meaningful tension and adversity, of which there was none because quip quip quip.

the airport scene was a perfect example. it was a comedy scene.
>>
>>71453425
Well you're honestly just an idiot. I remember the general plot and characters of even the worst movies I have seen no matter how bland. I even remember the last Avengers movie.
>>
>>71451601
>dcuck trying so hard now

Sorry nigger, the ultimate edition is still a shit movie
>>
>>71453283
The Accords were never the crux of the conflict in the movie. It is all about how Captain America's and Iron Man's past experiences, traumas and viewpoints affect their approaches to this issue of Bucky's capture in light of government oversight.

The comic was about how the supehero community reacts to a new law, but the movie was clearly about a series of factors building up throughout the movies, with this new law being the tipping point, causes the characters to go to extreme lenghts in the pursuit of their own vision of how things should be.

The stakes were there, and I feel ending with everyone torn apart and grappling with their decisions is better than adding inconsequential deaths that would eventually be retconned, especially since Marvel films already did that fakeout once (technically twice, but I doubt many people care about Agents of SHIELD).

I thought it was excellent.
>>
Not really no

Just the fight scenes
>>
>>71453462
The whole point of the airport scene is that, at first, they're not approaching the conflict seriously, and it all goes to shit in the blink of an eye when Rhodes gets fragged and half the team is throw in jail. You can notice a steep change in the movie's tone from that moment on, culminating with Iron Man going berserk on Cap and WS.
>>
>>71453462
No its not, and even if you're dead set on that and your mind wont be changed, which is clearly the case, thats not the finale and there isn't a single bit if out of place comedic levity in the final act which is what makes the movie so good and you're pretending doesn't exist. Thats why i specified that the movie doesn't end at the airport fight because you're talking about it like that's all there is. The main characters are Iron Man and Captain America, both have a lot of emotional weight behind them and good motivations that make their clash have a lot of "stakes" and meaningful tension. And again, I didn't even make my post looking to argue about the movie's merit or quality, I barely mentioned that as an aside to my main point and its all you latched on to. Posters like you are always looking to argue and I personally can't stand that kind of attitude. Your mind is clearly not going to be changed here, neither is mine. I like the movie and explained the reasoning, based on what I have seen, that someone would make a post like "remember me?" as well as why I like it.
>>
>>71453536
There were no stakes to the fights because they wouldn't kill each other. The interesting bad guy was wasted on the Marvel rules of "avengers will never kill each other". Wouldn't even kill Bucky, so they used cryogenic freezing - the weirdest cop-out move in franchise history. Obviously he'll be brought back later at the exact time they need him.

I don't think any franchise is more guilty of revolving around contrived conflicts and powers that perfectly complement each other, with characters who can't die. Because otherwise Black Widow would have been killed by now. All she does is shoot Glocks and do the same "wrap legs around neck and take down" on generic bad guys. Every supe could kill her in a second. Most trained soldiers could kill her too.

In the comics, Captain America dies in Civil War. But they know they'll lose significant audiences if they kill off their main cash cow.

Really all the Marvel films are just uninspired, formulaic, and they exist solely to perpetuate more films.
>>
>>71453536
This is fair, i just have a different perspective.

>The stakes were there, and I feel ending with everyone torn apart and grappling with their decisions
cap sends tony a love letter at the end of the film reassuring everyone that it's okay.

look at the airport scene where black widow and hawkeye 'fight' and say "we're still friends, right?" and agree.

it's clear they'll group up together next film to deal with some larger threat.

the fighting they did in civil war is basically the same fighting they've done throughout all the marvel movies. brief fights with each other filled with quips.

the only notable difference was the ending fight, which again ends with the reconciliation with caps letter
>>
>>71453634
>there isn't a single bit if out of place comedic levity in the final act
"Tony stank"
>>
>>71453646
Wow how insightful, movies are made for money and main characters dont die. You sound so smart for a thirteen year old.

Also Captain America doesn't die, retard. His soul was shot to another dimension or something like that.
>>
>>71453708
Woah, you just destroyed my entire post. Shit.
>>
>>71453646
They're heroes. It would go against their characterization to use lethal force against one another. The same thing happened in the comics. Only one hero died, and it was an accident, and they pretty much adapted that moment into the movie with War Machine, but crippled him instead.

You talk as if Captain America died as a direct result of the conflict, but he didn't. He surrendered peacefully, and got shot by Crossbones while being taken by the courthouse simply because Crossbones is a dick and Cap was in a vulnerable spot. In the context of the Cap's death, the war served no purpose other than putting Cap in open field without his shield.
>>
>>71453708
But that was an epilogue
>>
>>71453679
He sends Stark a letter apologizing and saying he'll help if Stark needs him, because he's a hero, that's what he does. But the letter also makes it obvious that they're on opposite sides about the Accords, and that Stark is still angry at Cap.
>>
>>71453719
So, explain to me what the stakes are. What could possibly be at risk when these superheroes attack each other? Except for a perfectly good airport getting destroyed.
>>
>>71453872
Their bonds of friendship, the Avengers as an institution and inherently the safety of the world, their freedom, their loved ones, etc.

The public likes these people, so they don't want them to fight among themselves and go to prison, and the stakes come from there.
>>
>>71453872
Zemo literally spoon feeds you the stakes you turbocuck.
>>
>>71453994
so the exact same as the last two avengers movies? literally the same as loki's plan, same trivial fighting, etc?
>>
>>71451681
>The trivializing has grabbed such hold that when a genuine pop artist like Zack Snyder deepens comics lore into visionary, moral art (the profound Man of Steel and Batman v Superman), many fanboys, and critics, react with anger, resentment — and ignorance
can't beat based Armond
>>
>>71451601
i liked it but i'm really feeling burned out on superhero movies
>>
>It's a Marvel Drones trying to force a discussion about their literally forgotten soulless Disney dreck episode

fucking lmao'ing so god damn hard at how pathetic you mcucks are
>>
>>71451738
>Zemo is a boring, cliche villain
How? He's not trying to take over the world, or kill everyone unlike every other marvel villain (excluding Kilgrave) that's been shown in a marvel property is trying to do.
>>
>>71453414
The relationship between Cap and Iron Man falling out didn't mean anything. It will never happen because we already know that there will be infinity wars and they will be a big happy family again.

This movie was just filler.
>>
File: you smell new.jpg (79 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
you smell new.jpg
79 KB, 640x480
>>71451601
What's to talk about it anyway? Another marvel movie, same movie recycled over and over again, normies, reddit and /tv/ all love it, nothing relevant happens in the plot, blabla.
>>
>>71454586
He hates the protagonists and makes a master plan to take them out. Sounds like a moustache twirling villain to me.
>>
>>71451601
i remember that shity CGI costume they called spiderman
>>
>>71454058
Not really, because Loki manipulated them into conflict and they were strangers by then.

Now, they're fire-forged friends, going to war on their own accord based on their ideologies. It's a different emotional punch.
>>
WHERE THE FUCK DID ZEMO GET THE RUBBER BUCKY MASK

RUBBER
BUCKY
MASK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.