[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cut the scenes that would make Lex look like a mastermind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>cut the scenes that would make Lex look like a mastermind and an actual villain
>cut the scenes that would make Clark look human
>cut the Black bum scene
>cut the False God scene
>cut Bat-butt
>cut desert Batman fighting

Is it safe to assume that DC needs to fucking fire their editing team?
>>
It's fucking warner bros
>>
>>71447101
It blows my mind they cut all of that but kept in the nightmare scenes.
>>
>>71447101
It wasn't the editors it was the higher up suits. Snyder an crew edited the theatrical cut himself.
>>
What would you guys have cut instead? First thing to come to mind is Pa Kent's drowning horse story.
>>
>>71447220
Pa Kent and the nightmare scenes.
>>
>>71447220
Nah leave that. The STOP scene makes much more sense now.
>>
>>71447162
the nightmare scenes were excellent and perfectly explain batman's psychological state.
>>
>>71447101
What scenes would've you cut instead?
Tough question.
>>
>>71447220
>>71447272
found the plebs who didn't understand the themes of the film at all.
>>
>>71447162
Yeah I think that whole scene was unnecessary too, but I think they used it because Superman taking off batmans mask looked cool
>>
>>71447306
>explain batman's psychological state.
We didn't fucking need an explanation. They should've kept some of the shit that OP mentioned instead.
>>
>>71447220
>>71447336
Lex autistic speeches, most of the africa scenes, the nightmare sequence
>>
You can't cut the Pa Kent scene
>>
>>71447336
>butchering kino
>>
>>71447341
>fuck the character development scenes, I'm happy they cut that out so they could shove in tons of "MUH THEMES! LOOK AT HOW DEEP I AM!" scenes instead
>>
File: DC.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DC.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>71447101
No, DC needs to separate from the WB suits that insisted the 3-hour UE be cut down because they thought general audiences wouldn't go to a 3-hour rated-R movie even though it's a much better film than the theatrical cut. Thankfully, they've done just that and recently cut the chaff. DC Films is now it's own division headed by Jon Berg and Geoff Johns and COO.
>>
>>71447602
Fucking this.
>>
>>71447101
>cut the literally who Jena Malone character that literally spells out to the audience that the wheelchair was made of lead
instead we got "abloobloo i wasn't looking, Lo'"
>>
Do I need to watch Man of Steel before checking this out? I saw the final fight from MoS and it turned me off to the whole thing, I'd rather just go to BvS if possible
>>
People don't realize there's a 5h mini series cut in there somewhere.

Batman origin story, plus the actual fight
Superman answers for the zod combat and justice vs metahumans
Lex origin story, cryptonite and politics of metahumans
WW mini origin story more fleshed out. I think Gadot was a meh fighting WW but a great Diane Prince.
The whole aftermath of the Doomsday fight, notably the role of lex in attracting extra terrestrial attention

Needs more alfred, more diane prince so that she doesn't just show up outta nowhere.
The Clark goes on the mountain and sees his dad was obviously cut out from something greater possibly with Clark having nightmares. Needs more fortress of solitude/Supes in the snow thinking
More lex possibly being molested with his father
More Lois lane investigating

The Ext. Cut was so much nicer.
People need to fucking accept that Snyder just can't into 2h films. He writes 6h films, shoots 12hours worth of material, manages to keep 5 of satisfying quality then starts to trim them to a 4h good cut then the studio says less film please then he comes up with the 3h cut and studio says it's a good director's cut give us a theatrical cut now.

every fucking time. I just want my 5 hour cut in the theatre and not wait for months or sometimes years for it to come out.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.