[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why is this the best movie of the year and possibly the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg (62 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
10-Cloverfield-Lane-JJ-Abrams.jpg
62 KB, 770x442
Tell me why is this the best movie of the year and possibly the next "The Thing"
>>
>>71445467
shut the fuck up
>>
>>71445467
But, is it kino?
>>
>>71445467
Not with that ending
>>
File: Houndeye.jpg (19 KB, 270x356) Image search: [Google]
Houndeye.jpg
19 KB, 270x356
>>71445467
Ayy Imao
>>
>>71445467

I enjoyed it. It felt like two stories though. Goodman kidnapped girls on the regular only this time an alien invasion also happened?
>>
It was good until the third act with the aliens. Although I love a good movie about an alien invasion of some sort, there was very little set up for the alien aspect itself was implied to have just been some other country waging war on America. The actual characters and the drama in the bunker was fantastic, however, and it should have just really stuck with that instead of her fighting an alien in the end.
>>
>>71445467
>"The Thing"
why
did some idiot pour whiskey into a computer
something which no one has ever done irl
>>
>>71445467
is the message about houston a ruse by the ayylmaos?
because she turns towards there and then lightning illuminates a few ships

pretty tense desu
>>
>>71445599
Well he only kidnapped 2 girls... Everything that Howard said about conspiracy theories is true.
>>
>>71445467
It's not, because Semen Demon is better.
>>
>>71445467

I don't mind the aliens at the end but I do mind how easily MEW was able to deal with the aliens, she was basically superhuman.
>>
Mew really needs to play Ripley in an Aliens reboot
>>
>>71445704
Did you even play video games?

I will understand your question if the answer is No.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 163x310) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 163x310
>The Thing

I see what you did there OP.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q

it was 5/10. even worse than the original cloverfield IMO
>>
>>71445781
shes best when she's thinking on her feet
>>
>>71445831
the answer is yes

were the ships just there to signal the threat wasn't over, and she's gonna be fine, even though they're directly between her and the city?
>>
>>71445482

Listen up cracka, 10 Cloverfield Lane is by far the best movie that humanity has managed to create. The cinematography, screenwriting, acting, directing, custome design, the locations and the production make it a unique and unremarkable movie that people centuries ahead of us will still watch and appreciate. Now go back and shitpost your little capeshit threads and GoT generals, and let the grown ups talk about real kinotography.
>>
>>71446012
>well if the answer is yes

You should know by now that those ships are close to the storms for a reason I still can't disclose.

The message mention survivors in a location called Mercy Hospital if you search google for 5 seconds you will found out which game we are talking about.
>>
>>71446394
>you should know by now
>i cannot disclose
if i should know then why can't you disclose?

mercy hospital from L4D?
how is that remotely relevant?
>>
>>71446394

I haven't played games in a long time. Is it Half-Life
>>
>>71446528
>mercy hospital from L4D
See
>>71446539
>>
I hate the "the third act is trash" meme started by mike and jay, the scene was really effective and proved her character arc
>>
>>71448435
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/17/11255744/10-cloverfield-lane-movie-ending-backlash
>>
>>71445467
What do you think of this scene?

Before the reveal I thought it was an officer doing an investigation routine.
>>
>>71445467
>Tell me why is this the best movie of the year
It's certainly in my top 3, but it can't be the best because The Witch and Green Room also came out this year.
>possibly the next "The Thing"
Let's not push it now...
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.