[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I just realized. When they're talking about chess,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: wirechess[1].png (663 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
wirechess[1].png
663 KB, 700x393
Guys, I just realized. When they're talking about chess, they're actually talking about real life! It's like a metaphor! Holy shit. Is this show clever or what? I'm not even sure if I can look at at that scene the same way again knowing that it's all symbolism.
>>
>>71444949
what a fucking garbage tier shitpost
>>
>>71445010
Mad I'm insulting your favorite tv show?
>>
>>71444949

I know this is pasta but the metaphor is meant to be clumsy. He's a gangbanger, a pawn in a larger game, with no education on the road to fucking nowhere, but it's still meant to show he's more thoughtful and self-aware than the rest of them even if he struggles to articulate it.

Just because the writers create a stupid character does not mean they themselves are stupid.
>>
>>71445041
>It's supposed to be bad :^)
>>
>That episode of The Sopranos where Christopher dreams hell is an Irish bar

>Tony tells Doctor MILFy he doesn't consider himself hellbound as he doesn't take pleasure from killing

>Tony and Big Pussy relish murdering Matt Bevilaqua for his attempt to kill Christopher

>Afterwards Tony and Pussy celebrate with dinner at an Irish bar n' grill, shot of Pussy's head framed by stained-glass resembling devil horns
>>
>>71445101
Nigga, if you know David Simon, you KNOW that scene was purposely written to be clumsy.
>>
>>71445101

Considering the rest of The Wire's themes are generally introduced in a pretty goddamn subtle way, then yes, I think we can assume that this single scene was supposed to be a clumsily introduced metaphor by a poorly educated moron who was just starting to realise the truth of his existence.
>>
>Yo bodie, you ever feel like pop pius XI nigga? Like when that mofucker invoked the social encyclical Rerum Novarum; nigga tried to change the world, you know, but in the end everythin stayed the same.

Yes that would fit the characters much better.
>>
File: 300px-College_Sopranos[1].jpg (14 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
300px-College_Sopranos[1].jpg
14 KB, 300x187
Good morning wirefags.
>>
File: sc.png (215 KB, 518x392) Image search: [Google]
sc.png
215 KB, 518x392
>Da gayme's da gayme mayne
>>
>>71445429
>subtle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLIq842XOQ
>>
>>71445039
so what's OP's excuse then?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmryAVUoL8

nigga got some pipes on him
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.