[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good? Saw it on Netflix and thought it was the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: the batman.jpg (30 KB, 284x398) Image search: [Google]
the batman.jpg
30 KB, 284x398
Is this show any good? Saw it on Netflix and thought it was the original 90's animated series and it's not. Never heard of this one.
>>
It's OK
>>
>>71444925
Yeah it's ok, it's a slightly edgier version of the original iirc
>>
I used to watch it as a kid when it was on Saturday mornings on the WB. Never was fantastic but I enjoyed it when I was a youngster.
>>
Best Joker
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 428x844) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 428x844
>>71445723
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>71445637
The animation is more pointy, but edgier? Nah just a cartoon about Batman. Seemed a lot more childish than the original animated series imo
>>
decent animation and an interesting spin on the batman universe.

the episode "strange new world" is worth checking out
>>
>>71445947
the batman is the least childish of all the animated series iirc
>>
>>71445797
People claim it's a jester hat and not his hair. I thought it was his hair..
>>
File: Bane_(The_Batman).jpg (51 KB, 549x642) Image search: [Google]
Bane_(The_Batman).jpg
51 KB, 549x642
BANE?
>>
>>71447990
Looks like hair in the shape of a jester hat.
>>
File: Bane attack.jpg (25 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
Bane attack.jpg
25 KB, 720x478
>>71448033
>>
>>71448191
LOL (for you)
>>
It's okay. Some weird choices but at least it tries to be different from BTAS. I like it a lot more once they introduce Batgirl and Robin. Then even more once there's more Justice League stuff.
>>
I don't know about these costume designs.
>>
>>71445685
>as a kid
Implying you still aren't.
>>
What year was this made? I'm surprised I never heard of it. I watched capeshit cartoons religiously as a kid, this must be newer.
>>
>>71449292
Between 2004 and 2008.
>>
>>71445797
Jamaican joker, best joker.
>>
>>71448491
This. It's not BTAS, nothing ever will be, but it doesn't try to be BTAS either and it's pretty good for what it is. Great versions of Bab and Dick too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0eMcjeaRjs
>>
>>71444925
It has by far the best depiction of Clay Face and Batgirl. Aside from that, it's not as good as the 90s Batman.
>>
>>71452460

>Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor
>Dana Delany as Lois Lane
>George Newbern as Superman

Yeah, not trying to ape on the DCAU at all.
>>
>>71452901
>Reuse voice actors who are good and who the company has good relationships with for characters they know they can portray well based on past experience

Yes, that's not trying to ape on the DCAU, that's just common sense. They could have had Kevin Conroy voice Batman and it still wouldn't have been aping on the DCAU. Voice actors aren't the be-all and end-all of everything, and even then Clancy Brown was voicing Bane already, it would have been an insult to not offer him the part of Lex for those whole two episodes he appears in when the show's already five season's deep. You are thick.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.