[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this movie so awful, /tv/? Nobody had any character what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Why was this movie so awful, /tv/? Nobody had any character what so ever. I don't even know what Lupita Nyongo's character's name was nor can I remember anything interested she or Solomon ever said. The way this movie demonstrates time was just awful, too. 12 years felt like a few months with this pacing. Why did Benedict Cumberbatch randomly disappear, too? So much of this movie made no sense and only won awards simply because white guilt. Only highlight of this film was Lupita's thicc ass.
>>
The was a nigger among niggers. The cotton picking queen.
>>
I liked it, but Django was better.
>>
>>71443741
Nah it's an excellent movie, well done and well acted by everybody except Brad Pitt.
>>
>>71443850
I completely forgot about his character. He was the most important character to the story and was only there for 5 minutes and I couldn't even remember him.
>>
>>71443741
>The way this movie demonstrates time was just awful, too. 12 years felt like a few months with this pacing.
This is the only complaint I agree with. Only at the end when we see a little half black kid did I realize more than a few months had passed

Asking why Cumberbatch "disappeared" is a brain dead complaint. Solomon was sold away from him, his role in the story was over. What more do you want?
>>
>>71443925
>Solomon was sold away from him,
when was this even stated
>>
>>71443741
Agree OP movie was 7.5/10 mediocrity best moment was wheb classic PD sang the nigger nigger song
>>
>>71444391
Solomon attacked a fuckin white dude. He was forced to sell him or he loses face with his entire operation. Hell, he lost face by not killing Solomon on the spot.

How dense are you?
>>
>>71444391
If it wasn't explicitly said then it was strongly implied. I can't remember which but I know it wasn't hard follow
>>
>>71443741
Listen up cracks, 12 years a slave is by far the best movie that humanity has managed to create. The cinematography, screenwriting, acting, directing, custome design, the locations and the production make it a unique and unremarkable movie that people centuries ahead of us will still watch and appreciate. Now go back and shitpost your little capeshit threads and GoT generals, and let the grown ups talk about real kinotography.
>>
>>71445195
you obviously haven't seen true cinema such as Gone with the Wind, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Meet Me in St Louis, and Singing in the Rain. Your tastes in film are trash and you have no appreciation for true entertainment and storytelling.
>>
Birth of a Nation will be the same exact thing as 12 Years a Slave: Praised for its progressive attitude and white guilt even if it's complete trash and then it'll win a bunch of Oscars.
>>
>>71445403
t. mom

>>71445896
What white guilt was in 12YAS?
>>
>>71445929
>What white guilt was in 12YAS?
literally everything
>>
>>71443741
Listen up cracka, 12 years a slave is by far the best movie that humanity has managed to create. The cinematography, screenwriting, acting, directing, custome design, the locations and the production make it a unique and unremarkable movie that people centuries ahead of us will still watch and appreciate. Now go back and shitpost your little capeshit threads and GoT generals, and let the grown ups talk about real kinotography.
>>
>>71446236
Acknowledging that slavery is bad and feeling empathy for a man forced into it is white guilt?
>>
>>71443741
This was a pretty good comedy
>>
>>71446314
it is when it's the only reason this won any Oscars
>>
It was refreshing that they showed not every slave holder was the devil incarnate.
>>
>>71446631
What you just said makes no sense
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.