[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any movies like cannibal holocaust? Ideally in a sci-fi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Are there any movies like cannibal holocaust? Ideally in a sci-fi setting (alien might qualify, but im looking for others).
>>
>>71442560
watching this now. so far is ok
>>
You need to clarify what exactly constitutes as similar to Cannibal Holocaust. A cannibal movie ? A found footage movie ? An exploitation movie ? Or a movie where the protagonists infiltrate into a foreign culture which they perceive as primitive or savage but it the ends turn out they are the savages themselves ?

Also, Alien is nothing like Cannibal Holocaust.
>>
There's literally hundreds of movies like Cannibal Holocaust.

>Scifi setting
So you want a movie that's nothing like Cannibal Holocaust?
>>
>>71444759
>So you want a movie that's nothing like Cannibal Holocaust?

Yeah because fierce alien creatures hunting down people in space or on a ship is nothing like fierce indigenous people hunting down travellers.

Any recs don't have to be exactly like CH. I'm looking for scary, disturbing films, found footage style or not.
>>
>>71444832
Wait, have you even watched Cannibal Holocaust ?

The indigenous people don't hunt anybody, they massacre the Americans for being cunts. It's even explained in the final scene.

>>71444759

There are indeed hundreds of cannibal exploitation (cannixploitation ? kek ) films that tried to copy CH, but they only succeeded in the gore part. The message is completely lost.
>>
>>71445648
>The indigenous people don't hunt anybody, they massacre the Americans for being cunts.

>they don't hunt any one
>they massacre the Americans

That's hunting. Yes the Americans seemly deserved it but they were still hunted in the end.

Anyway please recommend some movies for a person that liked CH.
>>
>>71445970
Well, the most obvious ones are Cannibal Ferox and Antropophagus. For something new you can take a look at Green Inferno and the Predators movie. Actually Predators might be just what you're looking for.
>>
>>71442560
Been waiting for a thread like this. Does anybody know what the style of music they used in this film is called? I got similar vibes from the soundtrack of Ravenous.
>>
>>71446223
Well, I think the OST mixes a lot of genres, so that's what they basically call film score. Some of it is typical Italian film music (similar to Ennio Morricone)(especially the opening theme), others are more electronic (similar to some of the Goblin stuff), there's also tribal, etc. Ravenous' OST is brilliant but it's pretty homogeneous (but still unique), therefore easier to categorize.
>>
>>71446223
Actually, now that I thought about, you could check Popol Vuh's OST for Aguirre, the Wrath of God (and if you haven't watched the movie, do it immediately). Some of the stuff it's pretty similar.
>>
>>71446442

Please keep sharing recs sounds like u know your shit
>>
File: 1466730662160.png (906 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1466730662160.png
906 KB, 720x960
>>71446693
>>71446442
Thanks!
>>
>>71446768
Oh, I will.
>>
>>71447078

In this thread specifically pls
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.