[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Daario.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Daario.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
He didn't do much, at no point of the plot he was necessary, Dany didn't get any character development out of him, and now he's left behind in Essos, presumably to never be seen again. Why did we waste to much screen time on this guy, again?

I mean, I've thought he could be interesting back when there were some crazy book theories about him actually being Euron Greyjoy. But after Euron appeared (and turned out to be just a hobo with a big cock, not even a sorcerer), that kinda didn't work out.
>>
>>71435616
Replace jorah
>>
>>71435616
To show that strong womyn don't need weak men.
>>
>>71435616

His character represents the sellswords in Dany's camp. They needed a named and recurring character for that.
>>
>>71435616
Yeah the second watch through of the finale, my friends and I trashed on the scene where he gets cucked by khaleesi. It was trash, he's a trash useless character. Trash waste of 10 min of the finale and the following scene with Tyrion was equally empty and shit as a result. Even my gf who eats up romance bs agreed that it was shit on the second watch through

You're not alone OP. The character wasn't casted well to be fair to make the romance compelling. Meh. For example, a more tragic Jaime Lannister esque actor could have sold it better (obviously not Jaime himself). The original actor for Dario was better
>>
>>71435616
The plot needed him to forget about mereen
>>
>>71435616
To convince women that you can cuck a chad if you put your mind to it
>>
>>71435616
To serve as the opposite to Jorah where Jorah shows and recieves true love, where as Daario is just a fucktoy.
I don't mind more secondary characters, one thing that bothers me in the north has been the lack of secondary characters to make the world feel more populated and rich.
>>
He was supposed to be Euron but that theory got destroyed pretty quickly this season.
>>
>>71435616
if he's true to his character then he won't give a single flying ounce of fuck about the queen's orders and babysitting Mereen, and sail to westeros anyway in some boat within the main fleet

otherwise, he's been discarded by D&D
>>
he's going to betray her in the books
oh yeah ofc they left out all the danys retarded decisions caused by her lust for cock
>>
>>71436195
>tfw sunset will never catch Dany squatting in the grass on the show.
>>
>>71435616
None. Soap operas have no consistant internal logic.
>>
>>71436251
they have more logic than your medieval fantasy with dragons and zombies shitty mess of a show.
>>
>>71436109
Daario/Euron is a Faceless Man with a teleporter. Boom, fixed it. The theory still works according to the parameters demonstrated by the story.
>>
>>71435616
She did get some character development, it shows her becoming more and more like the mad king, caring only about power. She basically spelled it out in the scene with tyrion.
>>
>>71436296
>reading comprehension
>>
>>71436433
don't really agree

she's always had a mean streak for people that pissed her off. She was probably even relieved that terion offered a more peaceful (and realistic) solution
>>
I geuss we will never see him again huh?
>>
I was talking about her saying that she's afraid for not feeling anything for leaving Daario.

And I feel like lately she's been more and more prone to choosing to fight and killing her opponents instead of diplomacy. It'll part of a path she's going through to became insane / overwhelmed with power / bloodthirsty, and she'll probably needs john's help to redeem herself in a fight against the white walkers.
>>
>>71435616
logically to set up for a betrayl for love in the final act of the story

in this goat rodeo of a show where what somebody said the previous episode doesn't mean fuck all, let alone things that were said in the first season
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.