[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Power can be innocent is this really a. The oldest line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
>Power can be innocent

is this really
a. The oldest line in America, or
b. Just the worst nonsensical line in the movie

wtf did he even mean by this, do you think the writer even knows?
>>
I thought the oldest lie in America was devils don't come from hell beneath us
>>
what was his problem
>>
isn't the oldest lie in America Lola in slacks?
>>
>>71434517
are you retarded OP? the line makes perfect sense and the them of the potentially dangerous consequences of powerful beings and having powerful weapons is constantly being reinforced throughout the film.
>>
Why does the janitor allow DC faggots to spam these DC threads at will??

DC spammers and Game of Thrones spammers have destroyed /tv/, mods wake up
>>
File: wtf.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
2 MB, 640x480
oh it's lie and not line, LEL

so power is always guilty of something, ok then
>>
>>71434680
dc and got are what keep tv alive, there is no janitor, tremble in despair
>>
It's a basic philosophy that has been time and time proven right, power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
>>
>>71434758
I think he's telling the senator for no reason cause he'll blow her up anyway, he's actually telling himself to deal with the fact that he'll be guilty of shit while trying to rise to a power above supes
>>
why would he say "the oldest line in america" and not "the oldest lie". there's nothing distinctly american about thinking of hell as being underground.
>>
>>71434831
>, he's actually telling himself to deal with the fact that he'll be guilty of shit while trying to rise to a power above supes
Yes, it is a weak moral justification for Lex's actions (but one that I can find someone that's bit off his clock to believe in, in this case, Lex)

I also liked Eisenberg as Lex. He was way different than what I expected, and unique portrayal.
>>
>>71434881
yeah
>>
File: attachement-512.png (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
attachement-512.png
24 KB, 512x512
>>71434881
glad we cleared that up
oh shit i'm at the attachment jl scene lol
>>
>>71434881
unique in the sense that 9/11 was unique
>>
Just accept that the scriptwriters just threw in shit that they thought sounded cool but in reality made no sense
>>
>>71434517
That power can be in a cent. That's just not enough money to do anything impactful with!
>>
>>71434517
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
>>71435481
>plebs actually need this site to grasp such a rudimentary character and will then claim that the movie is poorly written and the characters are simple as fuck
It pains me that this is the world we live in.
>>
File: Listening.jpg (235 KB, 788x1034) Image search: [Google]
Listening.jpg
235 KB, 788x1034
Listening the 2xCD Deluxe Edt. of the OST.

Good shit, and I didn't even like Hans or Junkie's previous work
>>
>>71434517
>The oldest line in America

Not line, Anon, lie. And in a way it is. America was founded on the notion of those in power doing the will of the people, which in a way is those with power being innocent. But it's one of those things that is entirely up to interpretation for about ten different reasons and wondering whether a psychopath is factually correct on a matter of opinion is silly.
>>
>>71434517
If you don't know history you won't get it.

The founding fathers had very little faith in democracy.
>>
>>71435481
>trying this hard to make a shit character work
>>
File: AxlbSka[2].gif (1 MB, 431x269) Image search: [Google]
AxlbSka[2].gif
1 MB, 431x269
>>71434709
>>
I saw that there was a 1080p torrent so I downloaded this movie.

Worth watching? Or just hollywood garbage?
>>
>>71437940
Fucking watch it yourself to make up your mind holy shit you are dumb fucking retard
>>
>>71434517
>literally no one has said this line in the history of mankind

>you know the oldest lie, senator?

What did he mean by this? Did Snyder just brainstorm some lines he thought sounded profound and sprinkle them through the flick? The answer is yes
>>
>>71437940
One of the more compelling blockbusters in a decade.
>>
>>71438112
"That's dark and cool" - Zack "the hack" Snyder
>>
>>71434517
I have a hard time believing that child abuse turns you into that
>>
>>71438112
He uses the oldest lie line twice for separate "quotes", he wasn't trying to be profound.
>>
>>71438112
>>71438194
>retards think Snyder wrote the script and not Oscar winner Chris Terrio.

Every line of Lex's is fucking based and a total pleb filter. ITT people literally too stupid to understand it.
>>
>>71438206
Child abuse can do fucked up things, man.
Either way, in this case it's just an excuse. Lex is the antagonist. That's really all there is to know.
Child abuse is just part of it this time.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.