[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3
File: Kinvara.jpg (26 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
Kinvara.jpg
26 KB, 620x374
What was the point of this character?
>>
>>71418536
dubs
>>
>>71418536
Hopefully to see her naked
>>
>>71418576

Then clearly she failed, Mr. 76.
>>
>>71418536
Same as 99% of season 6's content. To be filler to kill time before the last two episodes because DnD don't know what the fuck else to do
>>
>>71418614
We're done with Meereen though
>>
Do the priestesses have lesbian orgies? (for religious porposes)
>>
>>71418536
oh yeah her
>>
File: 1432059582520.cached.jpg (395 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1432059582520.cached.jpg
395 KB, 2000x1333
>>71418536
Who the hell was she? I entierely forgot.
This show has been moving so fast since Season 5 that heaps of what used to be important characters and problems are being written out.

Remember when Dany was being threatened by a group of Cult masked assassins that were murdering heaps of people?
Yeah just barely

Season 6 felt like a gamer who decided to skip every side quest of an Elder Scrolls game and just wants to rush the main quest.
>>
Dubs decides her fate

I say she fucks Daario and slips on some stairs when she walks home
>>
>>71418710
>Remember when Dany was being threatened by a group of Cult masked assassins that were murdering heaps of people?
you mean the guys we saw in episode 9? yeah I remember them
>>
>>71418536

And what was that secret between Qyburn and Cersei that she had him go figure out?

"Was it just a rumor?"

"Oh no, your grace, far more than a rumor"

Anyone?
>>
>>71418536

Introduce religion as a colonization tool for Daenerys.
Seven gods are literally destroyed in Westeros. When Daenerys gets the iron throne, she will help her to get people happy and legitimate her crown.

Just like in the real world.
>>
>>71418801
Wildfire caches, homie.
>>
>>71418801
That they were planning to ban trial by combat is my guess. I don't remember if that was before or after that already happened though.
>>
>>71418614

>implying we won't get dozens of pointless scenes of Daario governing Mereen.
>>
>>71418777
They got killed off in Episode 9 of this season I believe when Dany's troops came riding in.
>>
>>71418801
The Wildfire under the church maybe.
>>
>>71418919
yeah, I know. Sons of the Harpy. I think only >>71418710 managed to forget who they are
>>
>has the same protective necklace as melly sanders
this is like what lucas did to jedi training in the prequels
>>
>>71418862

Cersie already knew about them though, season two.

>>71418889
But that was Tommen's doing and Tommen and the High Sparrow kept everyone out of the loop on a lot of shit regardless. Besides, if I'm not mistaken the 'rumor' scene happened prior to the banning of the trial by combat.

>>71418923
Eh...idk
>>
>>71418536
to see her russian-jewish tits
>>
>>71418801
That the mad king had the green fire shit planted all over the city.
>>
Probably a book character that they introduced then realized they had no idea what to do with.
>>
>>71418957
Yeah who could forget that comical scene of them randomly stabbing people outside of the city before the dothraki arrived
>>
>>71418536
I completely forgot she existed.
>>
>>71419041
If it was the wildwire caches that the mad king planted, why didn't the whole city blow up rather than just the sept?

Shouldn't that have happened anyway? I mean it was one hell of an explosion and I'm sure it would have caught on and blown up the wildfire that was all over the city.
>>
>>71419135
as opposed to stabbing them in alphabetical order
>>
>>71419192
no as opposed to them stabbing them inside the city

where they would be
>>
>>71419309
why? If anything I imagine people would want to flee the city
>>
>>71418625
i've got you in my sights
>>
>>71419192
No, you brain dead fuckwit, it was a random scene, not random stabbings.
>>
>>71419330
random in what way?
>>
>>71419322
then there would have been more of a bustle outside the city rather than like 6 dudes getting comically butchered in the prime zone to get rushed by dothraki
>>
>>71419388
maybe they blocked off most of the city exits and they were finishing off these guys

plus no one knew the dothraki were coming
>>
>>71419419
Go watch the scene again. Tell me the six random dudes getting butchered by a dozen random harpies outside a huge, wide open entrance to the city is a blockade with a serious face.

It's okay to accept that that scene was written in for no other reason than to show off danys rad dothraki horde, and that they threw logic and reason out the window for it.
>>
>>71419493
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71419493
I saw the episode again just a couple hours ago. It was way more than six dudes and way more than a dozen harpies

I don't know why you'd be lying when anyone can see it
>>
>>71419565
I'm not lying, I'm guestimating because I'm not watching the episode literally right this moment.

The numbers are irrelevant though, it's the situation. A sparse amount of people who have no business being there being attacked by a slightly larger sparse force of people who have even less of a reason to be there, all so that this group of people can be charged by a totally sick and rad dothraki horde.
>>
>>71418536
It was just another attractive woman to distract the audience from shitty writing
>>
>>71418536
To make me fap while imagining her burning me alive
>>
>>71418919
>>71418777
Speaking of which, that scene made zero sense.

Why were the Sons of the Harpy just killing random people outside the city gates? I really didn't understand the purpose of this scene.
>>
>>71418536
To keep the peace.

And she did.

Also found something interesting about Varys.

Are you people retarded or autistic?
>>
>>71419620
>>71419669
>A sparse amount of people who have no business being there
not a sparse amount and they could have been fleeing or caught by surprise, or anything really
>people who have even less of a reason to be there
they want to cause as much damage as possible since they're attacking the city. Could be a message to never fuck the slave masters again
>>
>>71418536
Show boobs

Support Israel
>>
>I really didn't understand the purpose of this scene.
hush hush the show has to be moved along with more important parts so we just kill these people off here and everyone is happy
>>
She'll be on a boat with Jorah in season 7 on the way to Asshai, playing the role of Moqorro while Jorah plays Victarion

I honestly think Jorah might kill Daenarys
>>
>>71419701
It literally was a sparse amount of people. Like, it's difficult to count exactly how many, but it's not like it was a crowd or anything.

And they didn't really have a reason to be there, no. Unless they were escaping. If they were escaping, there would be a LOT more citizens there.

and the sons of the harpy have even less of a reason to be there - their known for their disruption of cities and urban combat, not sitting around in a field stabbing like 10-20 people. Their talents would have been better used inside the city, where the majority of citizens obviously still were.

The ONLY reason a handful of citizens were outside the town gate being attacked by a handful of sons of the harpy was so that the dothraki horde could sweep in. theres nothing wrong with admitting this, because it's not like GoT has been a stickler for solid writing and good logic recently.
>>
>>71418536
Piss off with your Normlord Quest for the Iron Throne meme
>>
>>71418536
Muh dick. That was the point and it was straight at it.
>>
>>71419780
I imagine during a bombardment the streets would be pretty empty and a lot of people would be holed up in their houses. The ones closer to the gate would probably make a run for it, thus it would be the perfect place for an ambush

makes perfect sense to me, anon
>>
>>71419693
I want to know what the fuck the voice said to Varys, fuck
>>
>>71419693
It also showed the power of a fresh, Essos high red priest(ess) can do, which was a theme in the book.

I was hoping she would be their Malqoro, but whatever.
>>
>>71419014
Cersie was even making her own then.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-29-13h49m21s47.png (812 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-29-13h49m21s47.png
812 KB, 1280x716
>>71419841
It just doesn't make sense. People inside the city holing up in their houses is exactly the type the sons of the harpy peruse. They're used to urban combat. Within walls. In a city.

If you assume that enough of the city hiveminds into locking themselves into wooden shacks during a siege that not a significant amount of the population tries to escape, then the sons of the harpy have their work cut out for them and the handful of citizens you see here probably wouldn't have mattered to them.

If the city folk acted like regular logical people, there should be floods of people trying to escape through there. Maybe the sons of the harpy's presence there would make sense. Maybe.

Either way, there is literally no reason for this scene to have transpired other than so the dothraki horde could move in and daario could do a totally sikk behading of a dude that does a 360 rotation in slowmo. Because think about it: if they DIDN'T have the sons of the harpy outside the city gates, what would the dothraki have done? nothing?

exactly. the audience needs its 'cool fist pounding' moments
>>
>>71420117
>exactly the type the sons of the harpy peruse.
I don't follow, the Sons would go house to house trying to break down doors while fire is raining on their heads? And I don't think the Sons are trying to rack up numbers, just to have a pile of corpses to display once the siege is over, as a message
>>
>>71420234
The sons of the harpy are known for urban warfare, so yeah, they would be running around the streets.

If you don't think the sons of the harpy wouldn't do that because of the fire raining on their heads, then nor would the citizens of mereen hold up in their houses. They would flood out the gates.
>>
>>71420298
>then nor would the citizens of mereen hold up in their houses
huh? Of course they would, unless they thought they were close enough to make it out before they got incinerated

think about WW2 civilians during a bombardment. Do you a) go in the basement and sit it out or b) run for it while everything is exploding around you?
>>
>>71420368
Mereen citizens dont have basements. Mereen citizens live in wooden shacks that literally would not defend them from the bombardment.

At this point, you and I are putting more thought into this siege and scene than the writers ever did.
>>
To answer the OP's question, she ties in with the azor ahai mythos, which is the Jesus-narrative of the Red Faith. The show is trying maintain some mystery as to the identity of the prophesied hero, the current primary candidates being Dany and Jon. Kinvara will potentially be to Dany as Melisdandra is (or has been) to Jon, an aide helping the reincarnated lord in his quest to defeat the Night King.

As a tangent, if you believe the mythos (within the context of the story), this adds a sense of foreboding in Jon's dismissal of Mely. Although he made what was probably the moral decision, he might have just brought about his own doom. Personally, though, I think most of the red god stuff is a red herring.
>>
>>71418536
to get rid of any negative consequences of Dany's actions in Mereen so she can go back to being a badass that people will cheer for.
>>
>>71420701
>the current primary candidates being Dany and Jon.
It's blatantly Jorah Mormont or Jon Snow, definitely not Daenarys. But yeah, probably no one.
>>
>>71419909
>you have no cock lol
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.