[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best horror ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: SuspiriaOneSheet.jpg (65 KB, 735x1024) Image search: [Google]
SuspiriaOneSheet.jpg
65 KB, 735x1024
best horror ever?
>>
Barely a horror movie. More of a memesthetics work.
>>
>>71410827

Aesthetics:
>Aesthetics is the branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and appreciation of art, beauty and good taste. It has also been defined as "critical reflection on art, culture and nature".

Meme:
an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

that's a pretty good review desu. My gf suggested we watch it, and I really enjoyed it. As far as 'horror' as art is concerned this probably did it the best.
>>
This was my favorite film but Neon Demon renders it pretty obsolete 2bh. I threw away my Suspiria Blu Ray as soon as I got back from the cinema.
>>
>>71411310
as a former fan of the film could you understand why so many people don't see anything cool about it and see some kind of unexpliable cult of the film?

>the eyes in the dark
>the bat
>the death of Sarah
>the last scene
>the dialogs
>the inprobability of human behaviour
>the scenes that didnt make sense

i think the movie was only good for its looks, and the first murder sequence was rather nice, but then it was absolutly nothing except influencing Lucio Fulci in "Lizard" and "Beyond"

it'd be maybe a better film if it was a giallo without supernatural based in the school, or even better giallo with witch supernatural subplot, kinda like 'Profondo Rosso'

i was super hyped for a witch story from Argento himself, but the film doesn't deliver and the whole trilogy is a big mess

PS watched the film near dozen times trying to understand its phenomenon
>>
>>71410720
no
>>
>>71411947
I got it on my hdd. Worth a watch?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.