[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's The Get Down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Can it succeed where Vinyl failed?

https://youtu.be/k58P5735VTs

>Having gotten our first good look at director Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Netflix series, The Get Down, back in January, today brings further color in anticipation for the August 12 debut which tells the story of a fateful summer in 1977 when New York City was on the brink of bankruptcy, The Ramones filmed Live at CBGB, and hip-hop and disco were just starting to take hold on the borough.

>Set to an original song by Nas – who is an executive producer on the show and someone that Luhrmann has said was a “huge creative force” – the clip itself is absent of any real plot points and relies more heavily on building the world and the characters who will appear like Giancarlo Esposito, Jimmy Smiths, Jaden Smith and Shameik Moore.

>Unlike other Netflix shows, the fist half of The Get Down will begin airing on August 12, with the second half of the season scheduled to be released sometime in 2017.
>>
Baz Luhrmann sucks
>>
>>71409139
a hippity hoppity show by a musical fgt, it's gonna be gayer than Empire which is gonna be quite a feat desu iirc quite frankly arguably famalama
>>
>>71409139
>Baz Luhrmann

No thanks, i'm all set.
>>
>Baz Luhrman
>All black cast
>Comes out on my 26th birthday
Looks terrible tbqh famalam
>>
>>71409139
>Unlike other Netflix shows, the fist half of The Get Down will begin airing on August 12, with the second half of the season scheduled to be released sometime in 2017.
Isn't two sets of episodes released a year apart from each other just "two seasons"?
>>
>Set in 1977
>Music by Nas

Don't people get ever sick of his gimmick?
>>
>>71409289
>hippity hoppity

lol me and my dad call rap """music""" cRap music lol
>>
>>71409345
Ask The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. Seems like the new norm.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.