[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GoR Passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: sansa.gif (963 KB, 490x275) Image search: [Google]
sansa.gif
963 KB, 490x275
Smash the Patriarchy: How Women Are Taking the Lead as ‘Game of Thrones’ Approaches Its Endgame
>Could Game of Thrones have been building towards a female-ruled land of the living this entire time? In many ways, it works thematically with what we know of the White Walkers who, up to this point, have been depicted entirely as male. (Though, in the books, the Night’s Queen is rumored to play a role in the kingdom of the dead.) When we first glimpse the White Walkers, it is through Craster’s tradition of sacrificing his male sons to the White Walkers. Is there something more than the affirmation of lazy, male-centric storytelling at work here? Could Game of Thrones have been building towards the dismantling of the Seven Kingdoms patriarchy and the dudely threat of the White Walkers this whole time? For a show that began its current season with an end-of-episode twist centered around an old woman taking off a necklace and exposing her true, wrinkly self, why not?
http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-feminism/
>>
>>71407927
>GoR Passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors

That's not really unusual for a TV series. With much longer run times overall, it becomes much less likely that female characters won't interact or will only talk about boys & romance if they do.
>>
>>71407927
Isn't the beachdoll test stupid? Do people really care about it?
>>
>>71408245

shhhht goyim, women are oppressed that's all you need to know
>>
>>71407927

GoT is making me sick to my stomach.
>>
>>71407927

I would risk anything to sit on that throne
> chaos is a boner
>>
>>71407927
>Could Game of Thrones have been building towards a female-ruled land of the living this entire time?
No.
>>
>>71407927
>GoR Passes the Bechdel Test with flying colors
Literally almost any TV show ever passes the Bechdel Test, that's like saying water is wet
>>
I remember when Game of Thrones was about a relentless universe in which death and destruction was everywhere and everyone was doomed to an unfortunate end regardless of gender or class. Political struggles were meaningless against the many uncontrollable threats in the world.

Now I don't really know what the series is about other than "you go girl"
>>
The fact that they refuse to acknowledge that half of those women (being generous) are psychopaths never fails to amuse me
>>
>>71407927
Silence of the Lambs BARELY passes and it's one of the most feminist movies of all time
>>
>>71409067
Same with Alien 3
>>
>>71408730
I'd rather be that throne, while Sophie bumps up and down on my cock, if ya know what I mean
>>
>>71408575
>Isn't the beachdoll test stupid?

Depends on how you use it. It has a really easy to abuse clause in "about a man", which I think should be read as "about romance" but many will take to mean "having a conversation regarding any male character".

Personally, I think that Alison Bechdel intended her strip more as a means of getting writers to think about what they write than as a means of actually grading movies. People do tend to be blind to things when they don't think about them consciously, so getting them to think

>Did I include more than one woman in the story? If so, why?

>If I did, did they ever interact? If not, why didn't they?

>What did they talk about?

Can be very useful in self-critique.
>>
>>71409419
>if you know what i mean

That you have shit taste in women and like to stay under like a beta
>>
>>71407927
Taking the Bechdel test serious.

You know what fails the Bechdel test? Almost every good movie.
>>
>>71408917
Le Smug Woman Wins Again Controls Her Destiny

She Does It Again

Smug Folds Smug Face Looking At You
>>
Cersei dies
Sansa dies

Dany, however
>>
So GoT will show the destruction of the patriarchy and men and the resulting Worldwide Destruction of Women in power
>>
>>71408575
It's stupid. Feminists care about it because they are also stupid
>>
Just a reminder that Mulan failed the Bechdel test.
>>
>>71409726
>be under
>beta

Oh, pre-puberty, what an age
>>
>>71408245
It's because of filler, it's true. The Bechdel Test is more about Movies, but OH WELL.
>>
>>71410477

The Bechdel test is a joke, it was never to be taken seriously.

Fucking Showgirls PASSES the Bechdel test.
>>
File: 1465679499561.jpg (519 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1465679499561.jpg
519 KB, 986x553
>bechdel test
women are so useless and reliant on men they have to make a test to see if they can go 5 minutes without talking about them
>>
This grrl power shit really undercuts the realism they've tried to inject into the show. What's the point of having main characters unexpectedly killed off if you're just going to do SJW fulfillment in end? GRRM and D&D want to have it both ways. They want to have this universe where the good guys don't always win, "good" and "evil" aren't clearly defined, and anyone can die at any time, but yet still, we're supposed to believe that all these women are not only outcompeting men at everything, but rising to power and prominence in a feudal society with little to no pushback. I could sort of buy it with Daenerys and a couple characters here and there, but they're overdoing it to absurd proportions. The show could conceivably end with all the major houses being run by women. This effectively reduces everything the realism and moral ambiguity of the show to a cheap gimmick in between segments of badass chicks smashing the patriarchy.
>>
>>71407927
Remember when feminists collectively lost their shit over the Sansa rape last season and how they all swore to never watch this show again? What happened to that?
>>
File: 1451012606009.jpg (11 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1451012606009.jpg
11 KB, 213x250
>>71407927
>>
>>71409971
>>71409971
>Dany, however
hope they pull a SICARIO, and regardless the 6season legacy building kill her too. because she only got the army because shes fireproof. But they will meet Jon, who turns out is also fireproof, but also great fighter and strategyst so the dragons will chose him as master
>>
File: modern college.webm (361 KB, 720x297) Image search: [Google]
modern college.webm
361 KB, 720x297
>>71407927
sweet sweet enrichment
>>
>>71408575
>Isn't the beachdoll test stupid? Do people really care about it?

Compare the two answers that have been given to this question:

>>71409422

>>71410258
>>
Because the men did all the brave and violent fighting to get them there? Sounds about right.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>71412968
I think d&d do it A LOT more than Martin does. Martin isn't afraid to make his woman characters look like fucking dumbasses. That and there was a lot more rape in the books.
>>
>>71408969
>The fact that they refuse to acknowledge that half of those women (being generous) are psychopaths never fails to amuse me

it shouldn't amuse you. It should scare you. Women celebrate female psychopathic behavior, and we as a society encourage it.

I would love to see a movie/show where the modern gender roles are reversed, and women are struck in the face by men while a laughtrack plays, or a woman has her clitoris removed by a sadistic psychopath, and then have men make fun of that fact for the remainder of the show.

It's completely crazy misandry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkmanLIAdXI
>>
>>71413507
they are both right
>>
File: victim.jpg (290 KB, 960x868) Image search: [Google]
victim.jpg
290 KB, 960x868
>>71413538
>dany literally stole her army of castrated submissive men from a job creator, then told them to kill a bunch of men
>is the hero of book and show

its like a parody of itself
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.