[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you missed the crazy amount of detail in this series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>tfw you missed the crazy amount of detail in this series the first time you watched it

So what's the prevailing theory for the meaning?

I quite like the theory that it's about television ruining childrens' minds but I'm not sure where Roy fits into it all.

Only just realised that the 19-06-55 date pops up again during the series after the initial kickstarter video, it's on a picture during the Time video
>>
>>71406589
Because Roy is a terrible parent that leaves it to a tv
>>
>>71406589
Roy is a split metaphor.
On one hand he's a symbol for absentee parents happy to stand on the outskirts and let their kids grow up under the influence of media education. Having important life lessons taught and bastardised by cartoonish teachers rather than doing it himself.

On the other hand he represents the media itself. The man behind the curtain who's presence and manipulation are always felt, if not seen. He is the system.
>>
>>71406589
Roy was homeschooling the Yellow kid.
>>
>horse statues everywhere

Any obvious reason for them?

One on the mantlepiece (same with little statue of Malcolm), also one on Red Guy's filing cabinet at the end of 6
>>
Who the fuck was the money man?

Did he have any relevance besides kickstarter?

This symbol appears when Malcolm is being burned I think
>>
File: Money_Man_flag.png (337 KB, 569x424) Image search: [Google]
Money_Man_flag.png
337 KB, 569x424
>>71407366
forgot pic
>>
It's about how children are easily manipulated by the media but eventually grow up to make their own decisions.
>>
Yellow is most likely the victim of the story, but its Red that has the actual story arc. First he's in there, then he leaves (and has his mind "blown" at the realization everything is fake), then we see him in a really boring and lifeless reality, to which he tries to introduce some fun. So I guess that part of the series is about growing up. When we grow up we're supposed to become 'mature' and being mature is apparently the opposite of being childish. There's indeed childish traits we have to get rid off (mainly selfishness, thinking everything is about what we want, being gullible and accepting everything without questioning it, etc) but I don't see why becoming an adult should necessarily mean "no fun allowed". Or, as is often the case, substitute some grown-up fun (drinking, casual sex.) Maybe that's why Red's adult world is so boring; everyone took growing up at face value.
>>
>>71406589
>Roy fits into it all

Something that everyone seems to miss is that the last episode was released on June 19th, which was also Father's Day. And Roy is a father that appears in every episode.

All speculation though.
>>
>>71406589
I still don't get it. If it's supposed to be June 19, 1955, how do we see such advanced technology as computers with internet access?
>>
>>71408286
>June 19th
this date also appaers in every episode
>>
>>71406589
Duck Guy>Red Guy>Yellow Guy
>>
>>71408381
>>71408395
They kept showing June 19 because they're stuck in some sort of time loop. Every video is a new day, but it's always June 19 (think groundhog day). At the end the cycle breaks but a new one begins on the 20th.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.