[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was fucking awesome. If the male characters were written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
This was fucking awesome. If the male characters were written a little better it'd be my MOTY.

Why did everyone make fun of it?
>>
>>71401841
hi shill, you can stop now. We all already know it's pretentious fucking garbage. I literally hated every second of this god damn turd.
>>
>>71401875
>We all already know it's pretentious fucking garbage.
Translation: Drive was so good but Refn is such a hack why can't he make another movie liek Drive?

Go fuck yourself you tasteless subhuman trash. Refn dances all over your face with his neon gaze.
>>
File: 1464926587429.jpg (54 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
1464926587429.jpg
54 KB, 412x433
>>71401921
that's a monumental leap to conclusions you made there. it's what I get for arguing with a pedophile, though, huh?
>>
>>71401981
>I base my argument on how funny my reaction image is
Feel free to convince me you're not a subhuman video game player any time.
>>
>>71402011
Now you're not even making sense, I'm out. Enjoy your "all (bad) style no substance" flick
>>
>>71402161
Enjoy the rest of your monumentally disappointing life.
>>
It would have been much better had it done the onirism 100% of the time instead of trying to be kind of grounded in reality.
>>
>>71401841
I want to see it but I don't know if it'd be good to see alone.

I have a massive hard-on for neon and flashy colors though, and the trailers looked pretty fucking cool.
>>
File: 1459569439715.jpg (260 KB, 495x720) Image search: [Google]
1459569439715.jpg
260 KB, 495x720
Lotta hotheads in this thread
>>
>>71402269
>I don't know if it'd be good to see alone
why not?
>>
>>71402269
>I want to see it but I don't know if it'd be good to see alone.
it's probably the best example of a movie to see alone.

>>71402221
I think if he tossed all reality out the window there would have been far more walkouts. as it stands the only walkout was from this old man after she eats the vomited eyeballto which the old man got up and said "I've seen enough!"
>>
>>71402319
The film ended like 5 minutes later...

>>71402269
>Feeling shame when seeing films alone
Wow, this is so freaking retarded, do you need someone to hold your hand when reading a book?
>>
>>71402448
I know but he obviously thought he was making a statement.
>>
>>71402477
Walk outs aren't bad. Some films can and are absolutely worth to be watched only for their exterior beauty. "Beauty isn't everything. It is the only thing".
>>
>>71402600
I kind of liked how it tried to have a coherent plot, though the best scenes were when she is in that altered world and "changes" from innocent to sinister.
>>
>>71402448
I get weird during horror movies, I look like a pussy.

Having someone with me at least makes me feel a bit less like a pussy.
>>
I don't think the male characters needed to be well written. For the first time, Refn showcased a film with female actresses being the focus. Normally Refn is a very masculine director, and focuses solely on men. So he knows how to write a great, convincing male character, but chooses not to. Instead, the men are portrayed more as the needy girlfriends in other movies, or washed over secondary characters like in other mainstream cinema. It's like he's trying to backtrack on the bechdel test.

Overall the film is certainly style over substance but really, really great as a whole. Such an improvement over OGF
>>
>>71403745
>Such an improvement over OGF
I don't know which one I liked better. He certainly had more restraint in ND, but I don't know if that makes it better. THe lighting and photography were stunning. Cliff's music was as usual incredible. The performances were serviceable to good (the two professional models were definitely the weakest performers, though they were STUNNING). I was instantly taken in from that beginning scene at the night club and the movie really got better from there. I loved it.
>>
My problem with the movie is they build up Jesse to become this dangerous bad ass and then she just gets her shit ruined. She never really has her bad ass moment.
>>
>>71403988
Well, she did make that one bitch kill herself. Who knows what her demonic powers will do to the others?
>>
>Are you sex or food?
>malone tries to fuck her
>then she eats her
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.