[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw YMS has more subscribers than RLM >yfw Douge still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: m2.png (196 KB, 311x357) Image search: [Google]
m2.png
196 KB, 311x357
>yfw YMS has more subscribers than RLM
>yfw Douge still gets more views regularly
>yfw Screen Junkies as 5 million subscribers

how come RLM aren't more popular? is it because they don't pander to teenagers?
>>
Because they're shit.
>>
Yeah, actually. They don't do the screaming ADD thing. When RLM is bad,they are just boring, not offenssive.
>>
They have bigger patreons.
>>
Cause they're boring most of the time and don't pander
>>
>>71392991
Low output and little audience interaction.
>>
They didn't accept Based Latza.
>>
Don't pander
Some stuff is boring
Don't upload often
>>
>>71393078
yms ups way less videos, RLM usually has like 2 -3 videos a month
>>
Who in the fuck watches videos of losers talking about movies?
>>
they're probably as popular as they can get, they're pretty niche, most people don't want to watch an hour long discussions on terrible obscure vhs movies
>>
>>71393131
Very true, but he has all his video game let's play stuff to keep people watching and a lot of audience interaction (which RLM has almost none of. Their only audience interaction is the streams, in which Mike and Jay generally don't partake, and during which Rich and Jack usually treat the audience quite badly).

pretty surprise that YMS has more subs than RLM now, though
>>
>>71393168
What loser posts on a japanese board about movies
>>
these guys are horrible
>>
>>71392991
>s it because they don't pander to teenagers?
Basically, yes.

They do what they want, don't pander to their dumb audience, and make really long form videos instead of short clickbait. Their sense of humor is also pretty weird for youtube critics.

>>71393078
>little audience interaction
I don't blame them. Look at how autistic their fanbase is here on /tv/ alone.
>>
>>71392991
They are slow as fuck putting out videos. No one likes half in bag that much. Plinkett was big sale and has been gone forever.
>>
>>71396974
>slow as fuck putting out videos
Ever since they finished Space Cop, they've been putting out at least one video every week, as well as game streams twice a week.

>No one likes half in bag that much
This is literally untrue
>>
>>71392991
That's exactly it. Yms did a Frozen review and since then has pandered to the normie girl audience and got their subscribtions.
>>
>>71392991
Young Money Squad?
>>
How big is Douge these days? I haven't been following what he's doing for the last five years.
>>
>>71393078
>little audience interaction
The interesting thing is that they have one of the highest Patreon donation amounts out of any of these youtube reviewers. Their fanbase is smaller and they don't interact with them much, but the fans seem to be more loyal than other larger channels.
>>
yms got popular because pandering. his first videos were literally clickbait, he had popular topics like shitting on M Night etc etc and his videos are nothing but him describing the plot and nitpicking which normies love. rlm is too dry for normies. yms also has furry fanbase and his audience is younger than rlm
>>
>>71397094
he still sucks
>>
>there are people who actually care about this

no wonder /tv/ is such a pleb board
>>
>>71392991
Nostalgia Critic's been at it longer. Plus he has support from the autistic community who are very dedicated to the things they like no matter what dips in quality may occur. Sonic the Hedgehog was never good, but now those games are even worse and autistic kids still love that just as much as they ever did.
>>
>>71397209
Well of course he sucks but does he even have bigger audience or something?
>>
>>71392991
>TALENTLESS HACKS ARE NOT LOVED BY ALL!

color me surprised.
>>
I always used to find RLM stuff boring and too long and preferred watching more of the other channels in till about 6 months ago. Now I have watched pretty much all there videos and get excited when a new video is realized
>>
>>71397268
i think he has a little more presence on yt with the #WTFU thing but then h3h3 pretty much did the same thing more successfully.
>>
>>71397259
Fuck off to /v/.
>>
>>71397094
he was forgotten for a while but now he got attention with the copyright shit. he has almost 600k subs (RLM has almost 400k) but he gets way less average views than RLM. average RLM video gets 200k - 400k views while Douge struggles to get200k
>>
>>71397384
how am I /v/ for saying I don't like a video game?
>>
>>71397044
>once week
A lot youtubers like h3 put out one video a DAY son.
>>
>>71393078
>little audience interaction.

probably because they're older. YMS is like 20 years younger so he's a redditor and way more active on social media/internet. He wouldnt have gotten big if it wasn't for his interaction with the audience.

RLM doesn't really interact with their audience which I understand but Jay does post to the forums and he responds on Twitter.
>>
>>71397044
>they finished Space Cop
Space Cop finished them
>>
>>71397301
Spotted the Reddit fag.
>>
>>71397483
RLM actually put effort into their videos, they're not spontaneously vlogging about stupid shit behind a camera.
>>
>>71397115
It's a classic cult following- less fans, more devotion.
Their sense of humor and the fact they make fun of everything other popular youtubers do makes them pretty ostracizing to anyone who is more of a casual Youtuber. Even the Plinkett Reviews have left my friends scratching their heads and thinking it was retarded.
Not saying RLM is exactly genius, thinking man's content, but there's a lot more thought into it and it's certainly a bit too odd to be 100% mainstream.
>>
>>71397483
h3 videos take way less time to make. editing an episode of Best of The Worst is A LOT of work which is why I dont get yms' complainments about how his videos take forever to make. An episode of BOTW is much bigger to edit than your average yms video which takes him a year to make. dude is just lazy.
>>
>>71397570
youtubekino confirmed
>>
File: 1457399305116.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1457399305116.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>71397685
but Mike, Jay and Rich are lazy hacks AND frauds!
>>
>>71397562
>>71397572
you are such a fanboy its hilarious. Also as I said plinkett got millions of views when half in bag at best gets 50k.
>>
>>71397483
BotW is a lot of hard work compared to a h3 video. yms is not only less skilled than Mike & Jay, he's also supremely lazy.
>>
>>71397416
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>71397831
Come on, Adam's editing skills are not that shitty. they're even better than Jay's
>>
>>71397570
especially if you compare RLM to like Screen Junkies. They pander and you get nothing out of their videos but fanboy rambling.
>>
File: redditfilename.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
redditfilename.gif
1 MB, 400x225
I FUCKING LOVE RLM!
>>
>>71397570

A friend of mine once found their video on the Darth Vader suit expecting it to be serious and he got really mad at them for making fun of the Star Wars EU.

Despite a lot of us RLM fans being autist nerds, I think they alienate a lot of other autist nerds who take Star Wars shit too seriously, which I think is a lot. They're aiming at a very specific brand of autist nerds, narrowing their audience even more.
>>
>>71397782
>>71397895

go to bed adam
>>
Is this why Mike is going all "muh schlock" lately, for wider appeal?
>>
>>71398046
Lel what did he say?
>>
>>71398059
if anything Mike has the most divisive opinions. He hates ID but loved ID2. Hating on the new one is popular. The reason people like Cuckman and Jeremy Jahns are popular is because people like to hear shit they agree with.
>>
There is someone willing to help them become the biggest channel on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_YMM9dTxg
>>
>>71398097

He said it was all important info they shouldn't make fun of it.
>>
>>71398296
rekt
>>
File: forty big keks.png (347 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
forty big keks.png
347 KB, 600x528
>>71392991
>Why are talentless pleb hacks not loved by all?

What a mystery.
>>
>>71392991
>is it because they don't pander to teenagers?

partially yes, RLM covers movies and makes references to directors and shit that a lot of children and teenagers won't get, some movies that they've covered are either niche or obscure and won't attract general audiences

YMS, Douge, etc. also interact with other youtubers, who advertise their channels (like that WTFU thing they did a while back) while RLM is relatively independent

YMS also shilled like crazy at one point for his patreon
>>
>>71392991
Mike should lose weight and get hair implants to appeal to the crucial teen girls and homosexual men audience.
>>
>>71392991
Who is YMS?
>>
>>71392991
>how come RLM aren't more popular?

Because they're a bunch of fat fucks who wasted their 15 minutes.
>>
>>71398123
Mike is a pleb, no one takes his opinions seriously. Jay is the only patrician at RLM.
>>
>>71392991
>yfw Douge still gets more views regularly

I remember some copypasta made around 2011 where the Anon said in 5 years RLM will be producing their own independent movies, while Douge will lose all popularity besides his legion of autists

Very nice prediction, anon, very nice... HOWEVER

btw, is 'HOWEVER' already featured on know your meme?
>>
>>71392991

Yes

There's a reason why RLM make 12,000 a month on Patreon while YMS makes 3,000, it's because RLM's audience is mostly adults that have money
>>
>>71398395

I was going to say the kids love those "so bad it's good" movies, the kind they watch on BoTW, but then I remembered that they only like shit like Sharknado and probably can't appreciate secret masterpieces like R.O.T.O.R.
>>
>>71398395
The only time I ever watch Douge is his gaming videos with James. Same with JonTron and Pat.
>>
>>71398617
The key is old movie vs new movie
>>
>>71398395
>YMS, Douge, etc. also interact with other youtubers, who advertise their channels (like that WTFU thing they did a while back) while RLM is relatively independent
Wasn't there a story about Doug reaching out to RLM only for Jay saying he wasn't interested? I've heard about it on /tv/ but couldn't find anything else to back it up. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if these kinda thing would happen. I'll be curious to read what propositions they got from other YT channels.
>>
>>71397483
H3's quality declined once he started forcing weekly vids, then bombed out once he started the daily second channel videos. Quantity =/= quality
>>
>>71398415
>homosexual men audience
But that's what Jay is for.
>>
>>71398774
Jay appeared on some Screenjunkies vid and Mike voice cameo'd as Mr Plinkett on a TFA thing they did
>>
>>71398535
Jay literally just mirrors Mike's opinions most of the time. There are many episodes of HitB where Jay is clearly on one side or the other about a film and then backpedals when he realizes Mike disagrees with him.
He seems to have gotten a bit more confident though. He stuck to his support of Civil War even with both Mike and Rich calling it crap (though tbvh Mike seemed kind of on the fence about it and Rich just pans everything he sees).
>>
>>71398879
They need to capture the other half that wants a daddy.
>>
>>71398774
Why would an sjw like Douge want to work with Mike and Jay? I can see him maybe working with Beardfat but that's about it.
>>
>>71398652
Exactly. Most young people (and plebs in general) view anything from before 1990 as "old" and refuse to watch it unless its a meme flick like BttF or something.
>>
Assuming it ever sees the light of day, will Plinkett's review of The Force Awakens put them back in the spotlight? If they're critical, they'll upset the masses. If they praise the film, they'll likely upset a good amount of the RLM community.
>>
>>71398915
But Mike is already rocking dat dadbod
>>
>>71399098
muscle daddy with a full head of hair is hotter than obese "bear" with widow's peaks
>>
>>71399068
Film School Mike is fighting Schlock Mike and can't form a consensus
>>
>>71399182
d-delete this
>>
>>71398774

It's just a story to fill in the blanks on some unusal events.

Douge made some (now deleted and never saved but it was real trust me) facebook posts attacking RLM for their Honest Trailers cameo. I think he claimed hypocrisy on their end because they gave a lukewarm review on Half in the Bag but then made fun of the movie in the cameo. I've also heard he was mad they didn't want his shitty Melvin brother of the Joker character for the video instead, or that they stole a joke from that bit, or something.

Either way it was very similar to how his fake fued with AVGN started. It too started with some simple comments and insults. Then that grew into a partnership, appearing in each other's videos in order for Doug's dwindling popularity to survive another year, piggybacking on another e-celeb fanbase.

We think Doug got quickly discouraged because RLM doesn't give a fuck about him. On RLM's forum, Mike and Jay were asked about his videos. Mike said he didn't know who he was, and after Jay was linked to one of his videos, he responded something like, "Why is everything technical in this video wrong?"

Shortly after that, Doug made a "best things about the Star Wars prequel" video, obviously showing he was b utthurt and taking revenge on RLM and their Star Wars prequel reviews for being ignored.
>>
>>71399370
so pretty much
>nobody knows anything really, but some anon on /tv/ knows the truth
>>
I watch RLM for Mike's and Jay's (well especally Jay's) deep knowledge of b-movies. All the other youtube channels that do "bad movies" seem phony and only do the popular stuff like The Room or Birdemic. Seriously watch Stuckmann's bad movie reviews, he doesn't really care about it he's only doing it because all the other youtube channels are doing it. His review for Samurai Cop was so phony, like he pretended he hadn't seen all the other youtubers make videos of it. BOTW is pure youtubekino.
>>
>>71399068

I think he already know it's going to be like his Star Trek review. "It was fun, but here are things that suck and are unlike the original films."

What I'm anticipating is the rage from SJWs, because this Plinkett character and the jokes about abducting and killing women hasen't seen new light in our era of the internet. Him commenting on the new Star Wars is certainly going to thrust RLM into the spotlight of today's "nerd culture" and leave them open to a lot of criticism that won't affect them at all because they'll probably not give a shit.
>>
RLM have 40-50 minute videos and are sometimes over an hour, they also are pretty niche with their Star Wars shit being the reason they're popular, but they don't even like Star Wars that much.

Shit like SJ have like 5-6 minute videos and their most popular videos are Honest Trailers which is 5 minutes tops usually.
>>
Can someone please explain the appeal of these guys? They just seem like unfunny shitters to me, who pick on easy targets.
>>
>>71393078
adam never makes videos yet he always whines on about his patreon because >i can't do this for free!!!!!
>>
>>71399521
They did a video where the tortured girl gets revenge on Plinkett, pretty sure that stuff will be toned down or just not there
>>
>>71399548

they grew up in the same era as me with similar tastes and likes so i tend to listen to their reviews
>>
>>71399558
What happened with the dogfucking shitstorm?
>>
>>71399595
he gassed a cosplayer in the most recent plinkett ffs
>>
File: 1465940298140.jpg (71 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
1465940298140.jpg
71 KB, 670x409
>>71392991

What the fuck is a YMS, RLM, Douge, and Screen Junkies?
>>
>>71399638

Nothing as far as I know. It's not like he'll get fired or arrested. He said something stupid and people got mad. It happens all the time.
>>
>>71399449
Jay saying

>"Why is everything technical in this video wrong?"

actually did happen though. if you have time dig it up somewhere from their forums. one time Jay also shat on YMS a bit, somebody linked an YMS video and Jay said something like "I would never watch a video titled like that"
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 960x926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 960x926
>>71399227
Kek. It'll be interesting to see how it goes after the Independence Day 2 review, since he evidently liked that, and listed reasons that sounded very similar to most folk's complaints about Force Awakens.
>>
kids these days are dumb
they don't want to watch 30+ minutes of two guys talking with very few edits
they want funny memes and le epic random reaction faces every 2 seconds otherwise they get bored
>>
>>71399698
famous Tinder users
>>
>>71399638
>>71399711
what happened?
>>
>>71398774
Something I actually know about. Don't think anyone will care too much.

I have a Youtube channel thats reasonably popular, nothing like RLM but /tv/ talks about me sometimes. (I'm Rob Ager)

I talked to Jay about possible cross promotion, he said he likes my videos but they don't want to do anything 'formal' as it takes up time and effort and could create problems(angry fans, legal shit). That is also the reason you can't message them directly on youtube because when they let people do that they got spammed with shit from 'fans' and every 2 bit channel asking them the same thing I was.
I said I was sorry and he said that I wasn't lumped into that category, He already subscribed to me and told me his personal youtube account to prove it. I was quite self satisfied.
>>
>>71399784
He said fucking animals is ok
>>
remember when YMS tried to collab with RLM and when they said no he bitched about it on his game streams
>>
>>71399789
HEY ROB AGER

GIVE ME A (You)!
>>
>>71392991
>how come RLM aren't more popular?
they don't have the meme appeal.

just be happy they haven't died of heart disease or alcoholism yet.
>>
I think the difference is that while RLM enjoys a lot of "nerd culture" things, they don't worship these movies and have the constructed fanaticism that other channels force. See their constant mockery of TFA hype, and really the whole satire of internet movie reviewers with Plinkett. People who watch those things to feel like they're part of the club would probably be put off by it
>>
>>71399845
link?
>>
>>71399826
link?
>>
>>71399880
Fucking 4chan is worse than reddit now.
>>
Remember when YMS said Jessi had shitty hippo tits and Mike agreed?
>>
>>71397483
h3 quality fucking plummeted.

They went from funny and creative to videos of him and his wife walking through fucking IKEA.
>>
what the fuck is YMS? people keep saying it like we are all supposed to know who that is.
>>
>>71399982
You need a smartphone first
>>
>>71399845
I saw people seeing thing like "Mike and Jay are dicks for turning Adam down etc" on le reddit but it makes sense totally if you think about it from Mike's and Jay's side. think of how many no name channels or even bigger channels must email them all the time asking to be in their videos. and if you look at the people they've collaborated with it's always either their friends or filmmakers like Max Landis and Len K. Why would they collab with some 20 year old youtuber, Adam would've been a terrible fit for BOTW

>>71399982
somebody link the animal fucking rant
>>
>>71392991
>RLM inspired YMS
>YMS has more subscribers than RLM

How the mighty have fallen.
>>
If they had a consistent upload schedule, they would be WAY more popular.

Like, 2 HitB a month, 2 BofT a month, and have them alternate.

Week 1 - Half in the Bag
Week 2 - Best of the Worst
Week 3 - Half in the Bag
Week 4 - Best of the Worst

And THEN and only THEN have the other stuff randomly strewn about, like reView and PreRec. I guarantee they would be huge.
>>
>>71399749
> Mike claims to like schlock
> Dislikes Independence Day. An exciting film carried by charismatic leads, strong practical effects, and a rousing John Williamsque score.
> Likes Independence Day: Resurgence. A forgettable CGI-fest with a generic score and bland characters.

How is possible?

>>71399521

Oh yeah. The risque content probably won't fly too well these days. Especially in something that will most likely end getting a good bit of attention. I wonder how he'll handle that.

And I'm really hoping he is honest about the problems in TFA. Its lead is bland/overpowered, the film has pacing issues, and there is too much borrowing. Yeah, got to have your pottery and all that. Appease your fanbase. But there was still far too much. People have harped on Return of the Jedi endlessly about reusing the Death Star, but least it was somewhat original about it.
>>
>>71399982

Your Movie Sucks

It's another one of those bad movie review channels and desu I'm not really sure why this one is gaining so much popularity. He has the voice of an autist. He has 0 charisma as a host. Mike may be deadpan, but he has wit and personality. I don't know what YMS has. He's certainly not coming up with deep thoughtful views on anything.

Maybe he has a big group of loyal gay furry friends who repeatedly watch his videos.
>>
>>71393055
Probably this, they have a more stable following, they don't grow as fast but their following is stronger and watch all their content any of those channels can lose thousands of subs in a day, I really doubt the average screen junkies sub watches all their content.

In the long run RLM will do better, it'll be hard to lose the following they have.

it's like comparing a meme popstar to a long time touring artist.
>>
>>71400123
they don't want to be "huge" I assume
>>
File: Benisfag.jpg (18 KB, 208x300) Image search: [Google]
Benisfag.jpg
18 KB, 208x300
>Nostalgia Critic and YMS both claim to be film reviewers and film critics.
>99% of their work is just trying to retell the plot of a film humourously and then fixating on one plot/character inconsistency.

I feel really bad for Colin Mocharie knowing that his son is a fucking lapdog for Doug's shitty brand. What a waste.
>>
>>71400153
Have you ever seen Rich? He's a big guy
>>
>>71400092

Can you even imagine him being on the show, or even in the same room as the RLM gang? They probably did it because they just don't like him.
>>
>>71399789
Hey Rob post a timestamp
>>
File: angry spy.jpg (46 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
angry spy.jpg
46 KB, 244x244
>>71400201
>movies reviewers that just restate the plot
these people make me unreasonably angry

The only movie stuff I watch is Cinemassacre, Every Frame a Painting, and RedLetterMedia.

Everything else is just restating the fucking plot and going "HAHA ISNT THAT STUPID?"
>>
>>71400008
Never going to happen.
>>
>>71400259
Can it be written on my tits? ~~ :3
>>
>>71400201

I blame MST3K. Doug has said he's a fan of the show and is obviously trying to do the same thing, riffing through a movie rather than making an actual critique.

However, RLM has said they don't care much for the show and would rather watch the bad movies for themselves. I remember Jay saying it was odd that people see the MST3K gang doing live shows of that shit, literally just reading jokes off their tablet computers.
>>
>>71400310
Go back to your MASH then
>>
>>71399068

Mike said he "loved" TFA and that it "was everything he wanted it to be". He'll have to do a veritable 180 to shit on it. I don't think the Plinkett character would even work if his views on film were different from Mike's - The real Mike hates the prequel trilogy and Plinkett was his mouthpiece for reviewing it
>>
>>71397483
quantity over quality
how much effort do you think it takes to film him and his airhead wife talking or going to the store?
not that it matters, he could film himself beating off for half an hour and it would be an instant reddit hit
although to be fair he was never really funny, he basically just stole sam hyde's whole shtick
>>
>>71400362
At least MST3K is funny in its own right. They don't "pretend" to be reviewers at least.
>>
>>71400362
it is fucking weird wtf, I didn't know they did "live shows" what the actual fuck.
>>
>>71400402

That was filmed right after they first watched the movie. Surely after this amount of time he's thought it over, rewatched it, and found problems. He's not going to say it's total shit, but he's not going to praise every aspect of the movie.
>>
>>71392991

>Get popular producing Plinkett reviews.

>Stop making Plinkett reviews.

Pretty clear why they are dropping off the map.
>>
>>71400402
it'll be more like the 2009 star trek review.
not every plinkett review is just shit flinging.
>>
>>71400123
I think BotW is something of a bear to make. Getting 4-5 schedules lined up to spend ~5 hours watching movies, then shooting the discussion, the skits, watching the movies again to find clips to edit, finalizing everything. Twice a month seems a bit unreasonable, and if they make these videos a chore it would make them less fun
>>
>>71400201
>I feel really bad for Colin Mocharie knowing that his son is a fucking lapdog for Doug's shitty brand. What a waste.
Oh shit. I didn't know Colin even had kids.
>>
>>71400092
I've said this on leddit so many times when kids and idiots say Adam would be great on BOTW: Why the fuck would 40 year old alcoholic fucks from WISCONSIN give a fuck about a 20 year old gay furry nasal nitpicker. I like them both but jesus fuck some of these autists are so socially retarded. You can't mix chocolate and tuna!
>>
>>71400490

His son is the one with the jewfro, in that shitty space movie with the flying houses he was the Luke Skywalker type.
>>
>>71392991
>is it because they don't pander to teenagers

>hated civil war
>loved BvS

No.
>>
>>71400148
>How is possible?
He exactly explained why on the ID2 review. Watch it.
>>
>>71400092
it's stuff like this that make them strong, they keep their business small, the popular channels go after collabs and excesive exposure with little payoff.
They're burning brighter and faster, RLM will stay for the long run.
>>
>>71392991
I think everytime they try to expand and trying other formats, it fails. Mike is basically the nucleus and without him, shit sucks, like the AIDS Moby video game series. He has the charme and screen presence but the others are wearing him down, except Jay, who is a good sidekick.
>>
>>71400692
I think Rich Evans can carry it as well. He's funny enough, and goes no filter mode like Mike.
>>
>>71400744
he's already carrying prerec on his own, rich only streams are fine, but aidsmoby only streams are boring as sin
and of course as it's mostly them together streaming, rich does all the work by actually being entertaining
>>
>>71400434
There's one tonight, the MST3K reunion show. I think they're doing all shirts, though, and not a feature length thing.
>>
>>71400402
>not knowing he was being sarcastic
Seriously how autistic are you? Even when he clearly loves a movie he doesn't say anything that wnthusiastically. It was 4am, he was tired and didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>71400920
no anon, you are the autist
>>
>>71400920

I don't think he was being sarcastic, as the rest of the 40+ minute review is also peppered with praise for it
>>
>>71400692
PreRec gets an average of 80k-100k (with the occasional 150k+) for each review. And that's taking into account that they rarely review big games. I think they found their audiences and I'm not too worried about them.

>>71400538
Serious question : who would make a good guest for BotW? I honestly would like James Rolfe for an episode. Considering his age, humours and interests in b-movie, he would make a great fit.
>>
>>71400999
James would be a good fit for BOTW since he's about the same age and has a similar passion for b movies. Same with the Welcome To The Basement guys, they're even from Wilwaukee too.
>>
>>71401412
I think James is too nice and timid to work well with the RLM crew in a non-scripted discussion.
>>
>>71393215
>Rich and Jack usually treat the audience quite badly
explain more
>>
>>71399826
>he says in the pedo board
>>
>>71401566

Not him, but I'm assuming one of the problems is that whenever they get game requests, usually for some trendy meme game, they say, No that looks like shit fuck off. Which would be fine because I'd prefer they play what they like, but too bad all they play is trivial indie shit.
>>
>>71392991
they don't sell out
>>
File: 1403372920640.png (354 KB, 400x465) Image search: [Google]
1403372920640.png
354 KB, 400x465
RLM thread?
>>
>>71399789
>(I'm Rob Ager)

No way
>>
File: nm9EfCD.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
nm9EfCD.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>its a rich evans episode
>>
>>71401837
how can they sell out, they have no talent, no one in hollywood would hire them
>>
>>71401878
I'll prove it to you, AMA
>>
>>71401967
post something to your google+ about this thread
>>
>>71401967
Post a timestamp.
>>
>>71402085
not a question, sorry

AMA OFF
>>
>>71399911
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1nnNz_Tewk
>>
>>71397179
>Implying adam vomiting on himself isn't the most insightful review of M. Night shlamalamadingdong to date
>>
>>71401920
this picture will live on, I see it everywhere on 4chan, on every board
>>
>>71402326
I even started to see it on facebook.
>>
When is TFA plinkett review
gonna happen?
>>
>>71402427
Tomorrow 6 PM PST, Jay told us on stream
>>
>>71392991
you're kidding right? They're crap panders to toddler, no kidding
seriously this is the most recent video tell me whats funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTKw5yxARHc
>>
>>71402510
>They're crap panders to toddler, no kidding
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>71402580
They do the reverse version of bird feeding on Jack's kids
>>
File: 1abcd.jpg (2 MB, 7216x5504) Image search: [Google]
1abcd.jpg
2 MB, 7216x5504
>Mike: OY VEY
Rich: JUST GET LAID IM RICH EVANS I GOT LAID
>All: Check your privilege
>All: Trigger warning!

What the FUCK is wrong with these people?
>>
>>71392991
Douge and the rest of channel autist panders to SJW fags sadly that means more views.
>>71393082
This sandnigga has the point
>>
>>71400332
I'd be disappointed if it wasn't.
>>
>>71402777

I miss John de Lancie threads
>>
>>71396974
>Plinkett was big sale and has been gone forever

Yeah... you know how the rest of the thread is people saying that they dont pander to retard teenage fans?

You're the sort of person they're not pandering to.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160528_0001.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160528_0001.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>71400201
>>71400490
>>71400551
Luke left, also Luke is now Hannah no joke

>Pic when?
>>
>>71402683
>Rich: JUST GET LAID IM RICH EVANS I GOT LAID
He's got a pretty good point, actually.
>>
>>71402885
It will play as a short before the Godzilla vs Gamera movie
>>
>>71400201
>>71400490
>>71400551
>son
Not anymore, about 2 months ago he announced that he will become a she and the went on a media black out. Luke now wants to be called Hannah this will be the 4th transfag from TGWTG, list includes:
>Jo
>Iron Liz
>Luke
>Hagan
>>
>>71401517
After a few beers that would change.
>>
>>71403007
If Godzilla Resurgence is successful, I doubt Toho would want to do a crossover. That requires splitting profits and stuff. And if it fails, we really won't be getting a crossover anytime soon. So, at the earliest, some point in the late 2020s? Will these reviewers even be relevant by then? Will new people rise and take their place?
>>
>>71400888
Listening to Jack ramble on about how much he loves comedy and stand up in particular, I always got the vibe of a guy who tries desperately to be funny yet doesn't have that natural "zzazz" every good comic has, hence he often tries to hard and it shows.

Still nowhere near as bad as people here make him out to be, plus he's an accetable wall for Rich to riff and bounce off.
>>
>>71403392
Jack is getting more laid back, he was great on the last BotW..
>>
>canadians currently in milwaukee

aww yiss goat botw incoming
>>
>>71403392
>Still nowhere near as bad as people here make him out to be
He never was, he's just skinny and vaguely effeminate so he got labelled this super-liberal guy and the hate spewed from there
>>
File: colin in milwaukee.png (541 KB, 831x750) Image search: [Google]
colin in milwaukee.png
541 KB, 831x750
>>71403891
Confirmed.
>>
>>71392991
Probably already been said, but it has nothing to do with content and everything to do with presentation. Jumbled thumbnails, too many series, and poorly names series. I like the content, but I miss videos I'm interested in whenever they show up on my sub screen just because they fail at some of this simpler stuff. If they just streamlined it, they would get more views and become more accessible, while keeping mostly the same content.
>>
>>71404182
>they upload maybe 2-3 videos a month
>I MISS OUT ON SOME OF THE STUFF
Have you tried not being retarded
>>
>>71402890

As fucked up as Rich and his family life is, his parents gave him a good head start in socialization letting him watch R rated movies before he even turned 10 years old.

If you come from a controlling parent household who sheltered you away from everything socialization and subsequently getting laid is more difficult.
>>
>>71392991
They don't pander to MLP degenerates and comic-book manchilds.
>>
>>71404182
>muh clickbait
>>
>>71404105
fuck yeah the canadians are based
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-28_14-25-15.jpg (433 KB, 1427x747) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-28_14-25-15.jpg
433 KB, 1427x747
>>71404247
I get what you're saying, but look at this list of videos. Too many series, and these thumbnails are so cluttered that you have to read the video title to know what the video is about. Now, go look at YMS. He has two series, and the thumbnails of one series are just a screencap from the movie, and for the other series its a screencap plus the big bold letters YMS.

This is very simple youtube stuff which every big channel gets right, and it's keeping RLM from growing.
>>
>>71404589
Kill yourself
>>
>>71404105
I hope that means wheel of the worst.

I like training tapes and weird vhs tapes than shitty movies.
>>
File: firefox_2016-06-28_14-34-21.jpg (426 KB, 1380x769) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2016-06-28_14-34-21.jpg
426 KB, 1380x769
>>71404589
>>71404645
Here is screen junkies. If you were to cut each thumbnail of either channel up into elements, RLM would probably be at about 4 elements on average, with it being rare for a thumbnail to only have 3 elements. With screen junkies, their biggest videos (honest trailers) only have 2 elements in the thumbnail, and everything else keeps it to about 3. This shit matters way more than the average non-business-minded pleb thinks.
>>
>>71404307
>As fucked up as Rich and his family life is

What's the story on this?
>>
>>71404589

Do you have some sort of brain problem that has trouble with visual information?
>>
>>71397179
>YMS videos are nothing but him describing the plot and nitpicking which normies love
This

it got boring and repetitive real fast for me so I dropped him but normies love that shit
>>
>>71405137
Honestly, SJ does look better
>>
>>71398535
Mike says the hard truths we dont want to hear like Escape from LA being superior to Escape from NY
>>
>>71404182
>but I miss videos I'm interested in whenever they show up on my sub screen just because they fail at some of this simpler stuff

How do you miss videos?

You go on your youtube page, see there are videos you haven't watched, and then watch them. How is this difficult?
>>
>>71405340
he's a retard that thinks he knows all about making it big on the yewtubes.
>>
>>71404980
holy shit that looks like cancer
>>
>>71392991

Compared to someone like Douge, RLM does very little pandering.

Which is why we have gotten like 20 new Plinkett reviews since the last one.
>>
I wonder why their subscribers don't go up...

>Watch latest BOTW
>3 weird and awful films
>BeardFat and Aids
>No Mike
>Well this possibly couldn't get anyworse
>LOL LETS THROW CUSHION XD
>LOL LE FLIPPING LE TABLE
>LOL THROW LE COUCH CUSHIONS!
>WEEEEW THROW LE TABLE XD IT BROKE LOL

Jesus fucking christ, do they think this is funny? Why does Mike let Evans off a fucking leash? Why have they not learnt that people hat aids and fat let alone having them both on
>>
>>71405106
He got locked in his grandmother's basement and left to play videogames all day or something like that.
>>
>>71405326
that's bullshit
LA takes the schlock over the top, it's just too much
>>
>>71405340
Probably subscribed to a hundred channels.
>>
>>71405340
>You go on your youtube page, see there are videos you haven't watched, and then watch them. How is this difficult?
See, I can tell you are either a low-tier youtube user or you're a NEET. I'm subbed to about 200 youtubers, many of which release daily-weekly, if I watched every video that popped up on my sub screen I would be watching 4-6 hours of youtube each day. This thumbnail stuff makes a difference not just in sub screens, but also in the related videos pane where people find new content.
>>
>>71405701
It's still better than most comedy on jewtube.
>>
>>71405771
>low-tier youtube user
>Neet
>Subscribed to about 200 youtubers
the ironies
>>
>>71405704
Holy fuck, what's the source on that?
>>
File: 1392829894407.png (189 KB, 748x475) Image search: [Google]
1392829894407.png
189 KB, 748x475
>>
>>71405823

I really enjoy RLM, it's great to listen to while I'm in my workshop or painting but

>TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES OF EVANS THROWING COUCH CUSHIONS AND FURNITURE

really, really, really isn't funny
>>
>>71405948
Yes it is.
>>
File: sides.png (279 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
sides.png
279 KB, 346x427
>>71399370
>"Why is everything technical in this video wrong?"
>mfw
>>
>>71402350
Ive seen 21 yo hot as fuck college girls posting this shit. Rich is getting main stream.
>>
>>71405701
>Implying they care about youtube "fame"

Most the most famous are the epitome of mediocrity if not worse.

Aidsmoby is the worst of them, beardo is alright although somewhat boring.

Evans is great usually although the """le throwing""" was a bit tired after the 2nd time.
>>
>>71404980
are you 14 years old? you watch this shit?
Fucking hell this place has changed.
>>
>>71405771
>I'm subbed to about 200 youtubers

why
>>
>>71406626
Mike voice: whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>71406510
No, I don't watch this shit. But it was mentioned in the OP and was a good example for the thumbnail argument.

>>71406626
Really, out of those 200 only 30 post at least once a month, and only 4-5 I'll watch consistently. There's some really good content on youtube if you search around for it, but it's a small piece of the pie.
>>
>>71401566
I've heard people say that they treat the audience like shit, but I think it's more accurate that they're apathetic towards the audience and treat each other like shit.

They argue with each other, demean each other and Rich comes across as very spiteful towards Jack. Rich also has streams where, if he's on his own, he won't interact with the chat at all or even talk.

Jack can be pretty irritating too, repeating back everything that other people say, doing his fake laugh, putting on shitty accents etc.

I'm not the guy you were replying to, btw.
>>
>>71399789
This is 100% bullshit.

Nice fanfic, faggot.
>>
>>71392991
It's 4 closeted gay guys and Rich reviewing movies, I wonder why it isnt more popular.
>>
>>71400692
Every time they try something new it fails? The fuck are you talking about? After the Plinkett reviews got big, they started Half in the Bag, which has a loyal following. Then after a couple years of doing Half in the Bag, they started Best of the Worst, which gets even more views than Half in the Bag. Then they started a Patreon and get $12k a month from diehard supporters.
>>
>>71404589
Holy Shit, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>71405326
Mike hasn't even seen Escape from LA.
>>
>>71408302
But he modified EfNY in his head and ended up with EfLA
>>
>>71408401
Okay. That doesn't mean he's actually seen it.
>>
>>71408036
And recently they started re:View, which has been going over well.
>>
>>71401566

In every Pre-Rec stream you'll hear Rich say "Go fuck yourself." to at least three people in the chat. Not something you hear often from respectable hosts.
>>
>>71405701
They really just need to understand they need Mike on every episode.. He's the main draw of RLM for most people.
>>
>>71408508
It's weird how in the first ep they said it was going to be for older movies they liked yet the next 2 episodes they did Mike hated both movies.
>>
>>71409586
cant help it when a lot of your fanbase is cancer, especially the ones who bother to go to the live streams.
>>
>>71409917
>they said it was going to be for older movies they liked

They said sometimes it will also be for movies only one of them or neither of them likes.
>>
>>71392991
>YMS has more subscribers than RLM

this is actually upsetting. I can understand how idiots could like everyone else but yms? he's an autistic furfag. It's confusing and upsetting.
>>
>>71409917
In the first minute of the first episode, they say they may sometimes discuss movies they hate.
>>
>>71402885
>>71403199

What the fuck.
>>
>>71410230
It's extra fucking retarded since he fully admits he started off by ripping off their shtick.
>>
>>71398395
>partially yes, RLM covers movies and makes references to directors and shit that a lot of children and teenagers won't get, some movies that they've covered are either niche or obscure and won't attract general audiences

YMS has literally done a multi episode analysis of Synechdoche New York, I would argue that is pretty niche and won't attract the general audience, I think your other points are pretty spot on.
>>
>>71400150
>It's another one of those bad movie review channels and desu I'm not really sure why this one is gaining so much popularity
That isn't really all he does though, desu the best thing on his channel is his lists for favorite films in the year, he definitely has a more unique view on films than other youtubers where you can guess exactly what films will be on their lists. He also waits a long while after the year is over so he can actually watch as many films from these years as he can before instantly making a list. Honestly he's one of my go to channels to get recommendations.
>>
>>71402208
Who gives a fuck desu, it is kind of true that it is perfectly morally acceptable by most peoples standards to kill an animal but fucking it is the worst thing you could possibly do. I'm not into bestiality at all but I don't really get the outrage at this argument.
>>
>>71410230
he covers material that younger people would like, more recently he started doing videos where he would comment over pokemon for example
>>
I watch their videos through their site without using a youtube subscription. I assume many others do the same since if I type "r" into my address bar they are one of the first results. YMS might have a site, I don't even know, but I watch all Adum's shit through Youtube directly so a subscription makes sense.
>>
YMS is a bit too nitpicky for my taste. I prefer watching Mike and his increasingly embarrassing pleb opinions of late.
>>
>>71392991
God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Neighve
>>
>>71412769
>YMS is a bit too nitpicky for my taste
This honestly, I actually really like his videos most of the time but sometimes he comes across as fucking autistic. His fucking Babadook review is by far the worst example of this, I'm not even saying the films incredible but his criticisms were pedantic.
>>
RLM is perfect.

You want them to do clickbait and retard pandering?

No thanks.
>>
>>71412769
There is nothing embarrassing in enjoying shlock, anon.
>>
>>71412852
>love is just a chemical reaction in your brain what's the big deal about it
>>
>>71400201
That's what almost every youtube "critic" is. Dumb shit for the normies.
>>
> is it because they don't pander to teenagers?
LMAO
>>
So how did RLM react to the meme porno? They must know by now, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.