[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last year I got on /tv/ and asked for /tv/ approved YouTube critics.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: jeremy-jahns-star-wars.jpg (280 KB, 1140x700) Image search: [Google]
jeremy-jahns-star-wars.jpg
280 KB, 1140x700
Last year I got on /tv/ and asked for /tv/ approved YouTube critics. I ended up getting jeremy jahns and Chris stuckman. Was I trolled? These guys really just seem to day exactly what the masses say about literally everything. Hell, they hardly do any critiquing at all.

Who else should I watch?
>>
>>71392577
i watch these guys cause they review stuff like daily, mostly just cause im bored and wanna know if the latest movies in the cinema would interest me or not, and also i don't really have another way of finding out what recent mainstream movies are coming out, they are extreme casuals tho
>>
>>71392577
>/tv/ approved YouTube critics
There are no such people.

If you rely on critics (especially e-celeb "critics") and don't think for yourself, you are a pleb. Shame on you for listening to such shitty advice.
>>
>>71392577
is it summer already?
>>
>Was I trolled?

Yes.
>>
>>71392710
>If you rely on critics and don't think for yourself
there are millions of movies released each week, how do i know which ones would interest me without watching every single one of them other than poster/trailer/synopsis that don't say shit?
>>
>>71392761
Nah mang, I'm just from /tg/. I'm not big into /tv/ but dip by here even now and then. I tried to get into film last year when I had a job that would allow me to watch movies at work, so I asked for a /tv/ approved critic so I could find a quick comprehensive list that might be entry enough for me to be okay with. But these guys are just TOO entry level.
>>
File: 1467038506547.jpg (34 KB, 560x373) Image search: [Google]
1467038506547.jpg
34 KB, 560x373
>>71392577
>These guys really just seem to day exactly what the masses say about literally everything.

I thought /tv/ preferred that to hipster critics who recommend the latest Wes Anderson joint.

Why can't this board ever make up its mind?
>>
>>71392932
OP here

Well I'm not from /tv/ so don't lump me in with them. I'm from /tg/
>>
>>71393022
Tell them to being back daily ERP and Elf girl wat do threads.
>>
>>71392577
Yes, you did. Both of those are redditcore.
>>
>>71392780
>millions of movies each week

...what?
>>
>>71393360
I'll send a raven
>>
>>71393391
That's pretty much what I assumed. Who are the 4chan critics?
>>
>>71393524
We don't have one. RLM and Armond White are the closes things you'll find. Armond might, or might not, be a meme at this point. RLM is pretty Reddictore too now days.
>>
>>71393589
RLM is the most entry level shit. I also hate his comedy. It's just toilet humor and entry level shock humor like him complaining about his son being a piece of shit.
>>
i'm watching a jeremy jahns video right now for the first time and want to absolutely kill myself
>>
>>71393589
>Armond White
not only is that guy a legitimate contrarian, he's a nigger
>>
>>71392577
James Rolfe monster madness is good
>>
>>71392577
That guy looks so punchable.

"Hey, guys, I'm SOOOOOO excited about the latest "such a nerd!" meme garbage. Can't you tell you excited I am by how loudly I talk and how exaggerated my facial expressions are?"
>>
>>71394115
I pulled up the TFA one and wanted to shut it off 15 seconds in.
>>
>>71392780
>See what's the movie is about
>Watch the trailers
>Decide whether to see it or not yourself
>>
>>71394916
I quit. I can't take this shit. How do people, millions of them, watch opportunistic dickheads like this?
>>
Channel Criswell is actually good. Not exactly a critic though.
>>
>>71394804
For some reason teenagers like shit like this. What happened to the good old days of watching reviewers hate everything?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/jimgisriel/videos

Guys a bit of a cuck but he has a good grasp on film
>>
>>71392577
Hey what happened to all the Channel Awesome threads? They were great!
>>
>>71394916
My little sis follows Jahns.
I visited her apartment around the time TFA came out, and she wanted to use his "review" to get me to join her to the cinema.

This motherfucker uses "muh feels" in conversation.
This motherfucker stated he choked up during some powerful TFA scene.
He's really tuned into a teenage viewerbase, I guess.
>>
>>71392577
my gay friend picked this guy up at a bar one night and got fucked by him
>>
>>71396694
Why would you lie on an anonymous image board
>>
>>71396730
I wouldn't lie. I have no reason to.
>>
Stuckmann and Jahns are by no means high-level but they are entertaining and honest about their reaction. They are a good way of finding out if a movie is entertaining at all.

But the best Youtube critic is Mark Kermode, obviously
>>
>>71396694
based, remember it's not gay when you top
>>
>>71393524

Kermode is usually pretty good but sometimes he gets way overemotional about a movie he didn't care for and shits on it when it wasn't that bad.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.