[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
File: girl power.jpg (86 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
girl power.jpg
86 KB, 900x506
>>71391903
Those didn't try to be a political statement
>>
Ghostbusters is more popular than both of them.

Also Robocop 2014 was its own thing and shouldn't have been called Robocop, it would've been 10x better received and they could've delved way deeper into the weird stuff without having to fear scaring away audiences.
>>
>>71391903
I feel you on this one. The Robocop remake is one the most forgettable movies of all time, yet the original is probably my favourite action movie of all time. I think the reason the Ghostbusters remake has such a hate train is because it's just so iconic, and they're going full-fledged with the advertising to the point in which you can't avoid it. The Robocop and Total Recall remakes had relatively small releases comparatively. Not to mention, Ghostbusters was PG, meaning more kids would have seen and grown up with it than the brutally violent Total Recall and Robocop
>>
Total recall and robocop are highly respected classics. Ghostbusters is legendary, a whole diferent level. It has literally shaped entire childhoods, the movies are sacred and should not have been touched without the original cast.
>>
I never seen anyone on /tv/ accept either of these remakes during their theatrical runs or before. Robocop I've only ever seen be accepted AFTER it's its release and not by any large number of people at all. Shit it wasn't but a couple days ago both these movies were actually being brought up in Ghostbusters threads to call out feminists as hypocrites saying people only hated it cause of females.
>>
File: CF_048_0070_v105.00064.jpg (82 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
CF_048_0070_v105.00064.jpg
82 KB, 1200x675
>>71392008
>Advertise the garbage ass black suit that ends up being a throw away joke aimed at modern reboots/design instead of the clunky, retro silver suit
>PG-13 it
>attempt to do some body horror but the PG-13 means you can't go the whole hog
>end on a happy "muh family" ending
Imagine a world without producers
>>
>>71391903
Those movies got shat on too, they're just not as offensive as the new GB nor did the marketing and journalists push this ''everyone who hates it is [group]''.
>>
Im ok with these daily threads if they lead to Biel posting
>>
No lie I saw a ton of hate for Robocop before it released, and after nobody even bothered talking about it. Didn't pay attention to Total Recall though so I don't know there.
>>
>>71391903

>Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

Are you seriously posting this shit again?

can't remember anything about Total Recall's release, but I remember people being very dissapointed at the direction they were taking the new Robocop.

Then again, neither of those movies called their critics misogynist so I can understand if they didn't cause as much of an uproar as the Ghostbusters remke.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.