[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No one else hyped for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
No one else hyped for this?
>>
>>71389378
no
>>
Got the whole first season months ago for the Emmys. Didn't watch didn't vote for it. No hype no interest
>>
No, I just finished the first season and didn't understand the hype. The show could perfectly be written by an edgy 15 year old.
>>
I'm sure Reddit is.
>>
File: mr.normie.jpg (30 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
mr.normie.jpg
30 KB, 463x469
>>>/fa/cebook
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>71389378
You'll get nothing from this thread dude.
/tv/ loved it when it came out, and while the last episode was pretty much a clusterfuck, the series in general has been fairly interesting and well done so far.

Only people who dont like it are over-analytical jealous fucks who are literally exactly elliot and are just mad someone didnt show him pissing in bottles or making fun of liberala on 4chan.
>>
File: 1439509804228.jpg (68 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1439509804228.jpg
68 KB, 600x450
>>71390815
Are you sure those are the only people who think the show is silly?
>>
>>71389378
how do i get myself to look like eliott
i wanna be dark and sullen like him
>>
>>71390815
found the normie
>>
>>71390979
be egyptian and be cute
>>
I found a torrent for the episode 2x00
Wtf is that? A recap?
>>
File: 1448829078012.jpg (12 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1448829078012.jpg
12 KB, 240x196
>>71389378
>dexter meets fight club meets hackers
>>
>>71390815
>who are literally exactly elliot

I promise you that anyone intelligent and/or skilled enough to do what Elliot's character did in the show would see how fucking pointless and retard it would be to post on neo/tv/ about how they have a tv show.

This board is 99.9% unemployable losers.
>>
>>71391421
>dexter meets fight club meets big bang theory
>>
>>71391188
Behind the scenes documentary isn't it?
>>
>>71389378
Oh look the viral marketers are back. Thank the lord above this shit will probably be canceled after this season.
>>
>>71391453
Fair points but /tv/ still oozed over the first seasons initial run.

Hacker maymays aside the show did actually use proper terminology so it seemed real enough. The steel mountain bs took it a little far though.
>>
Diversity and Daddy Issues: The Show
>>
>>71389378
>season_2.0
hahaha
get it
computers
>>
It really messes with me how the episodes are named like scene releases from the 00's
>>
I'll probably watch it for based KDE man
>>
It's just gonna be more DUDE CAPITALISM IS EVIL LMAO and him fucking despite being an autist with a frog face
>>
don't know why it's cool to hate for /tv/ this show

it's pretty good comparing what's airing on right now.

so yeah, i'm hype
>>
I want to like it, I like the look of the show and the themes should be right up my alley

but the edge. The amount of edge
>>
top-tier cinematography. it's the only reason I bothered to continue watching.
>>
>>71392781
Could you elaborate? I honestly don't understand what people mean when talking about the show being edgy.
>>
>>71392498
Watch the show first before you start shitpostin, retard
>>
>>71393218
I find that when shows talk about corporations running things, there's a fine line between going overboard and sounding like a 16 year old who just saw fight club

there's a clip of him talking to a therapist or something, and going on an internal tangent about complaining about suits at the top controlling the people, and it reminds me of a contrarian kid in school who thought he knew everything when he got interested in politics and watched zeitgeist too many times

maybe I'm judging it harshly based on what I've gathered from years on this shithole of a board, maybe I'll give it a chance. But that's the impression I get
>>
>>71393361
>going on an internal tangent about complaining about suits at the top controlling the people

He never said anything close to that. This is it word for word:

“Krista asks,"What is it about society that disappoints you so much?"

Elliot thinks, "Oh I don't know, is it that we collectively thought Steve Jobs was a great man even when we knew he made billions off the backs of children?

Or maybe it's that it feels like all our heroes are counterfeit; the world itself's just one big hoax. Spamming each other with our running commentary of bullshit masquerading as insight, our social media faking as intimacy.

Or is it that we voted for this? Not with our rigged elections, but with our things, our property, our money.
I'm not saying anything new. We all know why we do this, not because Hunger Games books makes us happy but because we wanna be sedated. Because it's painful not to pretend, because we're cowards.

I find it hard to disagree with any of this, guess i am a 16 year old edgelord then.
>>
>>71389378
Not really. It had decent mood and direction, but ultimately too many plot threads went nowhere and had no impact on anything, and the life hacking thing became retarded (trans hacking time wat).
And people are right it was hugely overwhelmed by its low tier edgelordery and didn't say anything.
>>
No. I lost any interest after first season.

>shoehorned muslim hacker
>drugs are rad dawg
>script kiddies ddosing
>muh 99%

And the bad guy wasnt bad enough so they had him beat up a homeless guy and choke a bitch.

No, I've lost all interest.
>>
Looks like /b/ is out in full force today.

I'm pretty hyped. The show is a nice deconstruction of anti-establishment media.
>>
>>71393683
it's the way he's saying it. I agree totally, but the way he presents this is in this "look at me, i'm different" sorta way. As if it's news to anyone. He's just trying to shock.

It;s like they're trying to fit in as much edge as possible

>"Oh I don't know..."

>"Or maybe it's that..."

A load of complaining and whining and no solutions. He's not saying anything of value, just "things are bad and no one knows it but me"
>>
>>71394282
Not him but that's kind of the point, you're not really meant to think Elliot's some insightful figure, he's a severely mentally ill anti-establishment hacker who works cyber security for a despotic supercorporation.
>>
>>71393996
>Tyrell
>bad guy

Lol
>>
>>71393248
Maybe you should watch the show since my post is 100% accurate to the show
>>
Why are the complaints/criticism for this movie so half asses, what the fuck /tv/? You can do better than this.

>muh edgy character

You're supposed to look down on Elliot, you're supposed to call him edgy. He's not fucking Shadow the Hedgehog. This are his views, not the show. You're not supposed to idolize him. Can"t you accept the fact that some people are just not as "mature" as you are.
>>
>>71394561
terrible b8
>>
>>71394615
They are just crossposters who don't understand how subtlety works. They just take everything at face value.
>>
>>71392498
>capitalism is evil

Thats not what the show is about at all. A lot of people clearly state that what Elliot doing is fucking crazy and bullshit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.