[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made this such a good movie? Why was it better than any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
What made this such a good movie?

Why was it better than any of the previous installments?

1>2>4>3
>>
>>71388775
>previous
>>
>previous

But OP it's because it was fun and literally didn't fuck anything up

Also we haven't had decent pirates until then
>>
It's a fun as fuck movie and Depps quirky characters weren't over used back in 03
>>
The biggest problem of these films is that for whatever reason they picked two fucking terrible actors (at least in their roles here) for lead. I think, however, that in Pirates 1 there was more of a balance in the screentime. Nobody gave a shit about their hamfisted love triangle shit in 2 and 3.
>>
>>71388775
>What made this such a good movie
It's a Pirate movie with magical stuff.
The others are Magic movies with pirate stuff.
>>
>>71388775
Everyone wasn't tired of Depp's meme acting yet.
>>
>>71388775
They should all have been self contained stories with little continuity
>First Movie is good as it is
>Cut Orlando Bloom and Keira's entire plot since for the second movie, cut the journey to Davy Jones' locker from the third, make 2 and 3 a single movie.
>Cut the zombie crew from the 4th movie, seriously, why the fuck did we need zombies AGAIN. they contribute nothing to the plot and could have been simple humans

So you have
>Jack Sparrow vs Barbossa
>Jack Sparrow vs Davy Jones
>Jack Sparrow vs Blackbeard

also, more focus on ships and pirates, less on curses and magic. just like the first movie.
both Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy were great though.
>>
Orlando bloom and Kiera knightlys characters should've ended in the first. That being said, I'm curious to see him as Davy Jones in the 5th
>>
File: 1466717264568.jpg (40 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1466717264568.jpg
40 KB, 709x765
>>71388775
>you will never go back to 2003
>you will never be happy again
>>
Am I the only one that like all 4? Except for 2 literally being 3: the prequel.

But I loved 3 more than 1.
And I like black beard and titcow in 4. Made me have to rub one out immediately after it ended.
>>
>>71391147
Eh personally i would have liked 4 more if jack was almost not in it. Make barbossa the main protagonist and focus on him vs blackbeard.
>>
It was fun, exciting adventure film with a superb script and a great sense of humour.
Johnny Depp's iconic performance was unique, fresh and hadn't been shoved down our throats to the point of exhaustion.
Minimal scenes with Keira and Bloom who had zero chemistry together: both had more chemistry with Jack than each other.
Hadn't gone full blown supernatural, struck a nice balance.
Gore Verbinski hadn't been given too much power, guy is a talented director but is notorious for going over budget and making bloated films when not reigned in.
>>
>>71391669
>titcow in 4.

Penelope is hot as fuck but I think you're getting here confused with Salma. Or was Hendricks in the film?
>>
>>71392033
>Hendricks
Shes the original titcow but Cruz's tits and cleavage looked fucking phenomenal. I had to look at her older nude scenes to regain a full appreciation and empty ballsack.

And let's be honest, they were really just milking her tits the whole time since they couldn't with knightly.
>>
>>71391669
I liked all 4 of them. They're fun movies man
>>
>>71391812
>Make barbossa the main protagonist
I was trying to stay in the realm of the realistic, but yeah, I would be down for a Barbossa movie.
>>
>>71392414
It helps she was pregnant during the filming of Pirates 4, which contributed to the larger bust size
>>
>>71393333
>she was pregnant
mercy

>also chekkd
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.