[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was an awesome scene, admit it. You didn't anticipate it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
This was an awesome scene, admit it. You didn't anticipate it.
>>
>>71363938
You're right, I didn't. There was no setup. NONE WHATSOVER. Great writing.
>>
The pies thing was done very awkwardly.
>>
it was pretty good but nothing is gonna ever make up for that stabbing and waif chase for me again
>>
>>71363938
cringeworthy as h*ck

le psycho killer assassin girl
>>
didn't like the pies thing much
>>
>>71363938
she might as well have killed cersei, since she can teleport, stop time enough to kill 2 people, carve them up, then fucking BAKE THEM INTO A PIE ALL WHILE UNDETECTED
ALSO I GUESS SHE GRABBED SOME FACES ON THE WAY OUT OF BRAAVOS

this whole episode was "because it'll be cool, trust me" scenes
>>
>>71363938

It was pure theatrical kino.
>>
Wish it had been built up more than just having her smile at Jaime for that one scene.

Arya's story has been one of the worst things about the show for 2 seasons now.
>>
>>71364063
Exactly.
This scene was stupid beyond belief. I wasn't a fan of the Arya story line since season 5, but it now has reached a whole new level of retard.
>>
>>71363982
Maybe it was just the shitty stream I was watching but I couldn't even tell that the pie was made out of human flesh.
>>
>>71363938
I acually realy did like it and Arya is mai waifu.
>>
>>71363963
>>71364001
>>71364063
It was pure cinéma, you filthy plebeians.
>>
>>71364191
desu once I realised what was going on I half expected an eye to be poking out
>>
Flat fucking character

It's not like she was timid and meek in the beginning and transformed into someone tough. Her entire 'character transformation' arc is learning physical skills? What kind of shit writing is this
>>
>>71364063
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT STEALING FACES, THE FACES ARE CEREMONIAL AND FOR APRRENTICES, THE REAL ASSASSINS CAN PUT ON ANY FACE AT ANY TIME, OR DID YOU THINK THAT A MAN HAD 40 FACES INCLUDING ARYAS ON HIM AT THE SAME TIME? ALSO,DO YOU THINK PUTTING ON A FACE CHANGES YOUR VOICE CUZ IT DOESNT ITS MAGIC MORONS LIKE YOU ARE THE RESON THE SHOW IS DUMBED DOWN
>>
>>71364364
yeah but you literally see her taking off a face
>>
>>71363938
It was leaked
>>
Now that arya X jaimie is a thing its pretty much confirmed that house stark and lannister will join right?
>>
>>71363938
>>71363938

No it was predictable and Frey Pies with Manderly yelling WE ARE STORK MANG would have been better.
>>
The scene is actually pretty sad if you use your imagination to fill in for bad writing

I genuinely thought Frey pies would be retarded and not used so when she said they were there I almost felt bad for walder, like his entire world crashing in on him when he can't see his sons, and the look of horror as she pulls off her face is great

Nothing beats the first 10 minutes or when glover screams king in the north, not cuz the scene is great but because his voice is so fucking commanding
>>
>>71364220
Disgusting
>>
>>71364364
She learned all that offscreen?

Onscreen she was a fuckup who didn't follow orders.
>>
>>71364547
>sad
>cowardly traitor and his incompetent sons getting what they deserve
Not really Anon.
>>
>>71363938
Is everybody forgetting that she was eye banging Jaimie?
>>
>>71363938

Totally kino.
>>
>>71363938
Whos is she killing here? I didn't watch the season. Who would have thought the show would spoil the books, right? Thanks GURM, you fucking slob of a man.
>>
File: 1459621909630.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1459621909630.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
how did she pull off her face? did she just pinch that face from the faceless men while she was there?

>last season spent teaching arya that revenge is not the way
>also last season she was blind which got quickly retconned after like 2 episodes even though she learned nothing
>in fact past two season of 'plot development' have been shit tier for arya and the only thing she got from bravos was 'le assassin skills'
>>
>>71364877
don't forget her getting stabbed over and over in the stomach and just sleeping it off
>>
>>71363938
>You didn't anticipate it.

Only because I didn't think Arya had a teleporter as well.
>>
Is there a character worse than Arya?
>>
>>71364977
AND WHOOO ARE YOOOU
>>
>that awkward scene of just Arya's face giving a gap tooth smile for like 12 seconds before it changed scenes.

Ever since Braavos' catastrophe, Arya is the worst 'main' character by a huge margin.
>>
>>71364658
Maybe she learned after her retarded oyster girl bit that if you're going to be flagrantly just eyeballing someone you're trying to keep tabs on, you don't just stare at them while they're staring back unless you have a cover like looking like a flirt.
>>
>>71364658
I remember that also. Like, what was she watching him for?
>>
>>71364063

Hot Pie helped her make the pies

It's not so far from Braavos to Riverrun
>>
>>71363938
Nobody expected that, tommens suicide or Cersei getting the throne

Nobody predicted the explosion of the sept before this episode either

Yet people complain about the episode being predictable
>>
>>71364877
>Arya kills Waif because Arya trained without sight!!
Why does Arya just assume Waif doesn't go through that training either? Arya's arc is super rushed even though it took 2 seasons to do.
>>
>>71363938
>You didn't anticipate it.

No shit, I can't keep up with all of the rapid teleportation in this episode.

But I also just stopped caring about le master assassin arya xD ever since Braavos was the worst arc in this entire series.
>>
>>71365146
>>71365136
maybe a teenage girl just wanted his handsome viking dick?
>>
>>71363938
Arya is fucked beyond help, Salsa is where the fun is at now
>>
>>71365212
>Nobody predicted the explosion of the sept before this episode either
A lot of people did and it was foreshadowed multiple times in this season.
>>
>>71365212
>nobody predicted the sept exploding
>nobody predicted tommen jumping out the window

Bruh that sept getting wildfired was predicted as soon as Bran had an acid trip and saw the wildfire under King's Landing.

I saw people talking about Tommen killing himself for a while now.
>>
>>71364364
>Shut the fuck up and listen to my fanfiction!
>>
too many good things happening.
>>
Did people really forgot about bran's story ?
A God feeding a man who killed people he invited under his roof his children then killing him ?
>>
>>71365225

Braavos only turned to shit when the Waif stabbed her in the gut and Arya somehow survived
>>
>>71363938
>2 seasons in braavos doing fuckall
>2 minutes dedicated to the revenge plot of the guy that killed her mother and brother
it sucked

should have put it in next season, instead of shoveling it in to an already packed finale
>>
>>71363938
it was awesome, you have to admit that d&d created that arya arc masterfully now to make this scene

the only thing that irked me was "the last thing you'll see is a stark smiling as you die" that wasn't true lol, I mean you just said it, do it you silly cunt
>>
>>71363938
i dont get how that makes sense
also, i dont remember if they even had that story about that cook that avenged his family by feeding someone their sons. seeing as the gods made him ratatouille im not sure its going to end up well for our charming grimdark assassin princess
>>
>Lancel stabbed by a kid
>Paralyzed and nearly dead instantly

>Arya stabbed repeatedly by an assassin's apprentice
>Proceeds to do the Braavos Triathlon

Arya is never going to die in this series because she has immortality plot armor.
>>
pie was forced. enjoyed the rest.
>>
>>71365235
Maybe, but I figured she had a hate hard-on for all Lannisters after what happened in King's Landing. I don't really know how she feels about Tyrion and Jaime. I couldn't tell how she was reacting when the play she was reacting was making unreasonable villains out of Tyrion and Sansa.
>>
How did she survive this again? They skipped the scene where she got reconstructive surgery on her intestines and possibly organs, as well as the magic to stop infection.
>>
>>71365366
The problem with her revenge plot is also that it's completely redundant at this point. Everyone on her list is either dead or soon to be dead without her having to do anything at all and the one person she killed herself was some 100 year old fuck who could have died any day of old age.
>>
File: Screenshot_104.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_104.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
She did really good acting there, don't even fucking pretend it wasn't to try to be contrarian and hate on Maisie. That look of satisfaction of getting revenge.
>>
>>71365500
Shit writing is literally all there is to explain it. It was that bad.
>>
File: 432343254.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
432343254.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>71365460
>Braavos Triathlon
>>
>>71365514
>Maisie's face as she plunges her 13 inch futa cock into your boy pussy from behind
>>
File: tGe92S8R.jpg (7 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
tGe92S8R.jpg
7 KB, 252x252
>>71365212
bookfags and theoryfags saw this shit coming from a mile away. Knew this shit was going down ever since they revealed the origin of the white walkers. We knew that cersei would destroy part or all of kings landing because the prophesy said she would be killed by her younger brother (from the books), which we thought would be Jamie because he killed the mad king for the same shit. We knew her youngest son was going to die because he's not only a shitty character with no claim to the throne, but the prophecy said so. I didn't really know Cersei was going for the throne, but who else will rule with all those others dead? She has the best claim as of right now. We all knew R+L=J for years, we knew Dany would eventually set sail, and people were calling Aryia killing frey the moment episode 9 ended. This season wasn't bad because of shitty writing or whatever you fucks complain about. It was just boring to people like me because we weren't surprised. My notsosmartbuddyfromwork thinks this season was the best thing in existence, probably because he didn't have any expectations or idea on what will happen next. Plus with the show not being tethered to the books, they're running out of seasons and tying up loose ends. So this season got a lot more shit done that all the others combined, with a shit load of timeskips.
>>
>>71365460
>big black giant dies to a butter knife to the back, through armour and muscle
>>
>>71363938
It got me by surprise, I wonder how she'll do with the rest of the list.
>>
>>71365500
Same way how faceless men completely change bone structure, body types and develop new vocal chords just by slapping on a face of a dead person.
>>
>>71365628
Didnt you know that stronk womyn are immune to patriarchy blades while no man can withstand the cold steel of feminism and bad poosei
>>
File: Arya; master assassin.webm (3 MB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Arya; master assassin.webm
3 MB, 1000x600
>>71365500
it was barely a scratch
bandages and some soup will fix that right up

she'll be ready for parcour practice by tomorrow
>>
>>71365514
Jesus christ how long is her fucking neck is she a giraffe?

Is this some evolutionary advantage so she can reach dicks at the higher part of the cock tree?
>>
>>71363938
Arya isn't even a character anymore.

>spends 2 (3?) seasons getting all this special training and potentially developing as a character
>NOPE she's just the ultimate badass god character now that is literally invulnerable and rejected her teachings because le stronk womyn revenge!

One of the worst characters ever put on TV.
>>
>>71363938
YES I DID BECAUSE YOU FUCKERS LITERALLY KNEW EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND YOU KEPT POSTING IT IN EVERY THREAD.

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71364877
did you even watch the series?
She was un-blinded by the poison thing in the well, which acts as some sort of will from the many faced god. Jaqen tells her, even, that he can give her back her eyes. I'd say the well decides how you're going to serve the God: you either become another face, or become no-one, a face hunter.

She could have ripped the face off some girl. She face thing is not fully explained but she obviously has the gift of faces. It's magic, bitch, ain't gotta explain shit. (not really, but that's how its going ever since we saw Jaqen (or was he? Is he even human?) with Arya's face - faces are not just faces ripped from the dead.

I agree Arya's plot was fucked with episode 8. The whole lady crane thing fucked her up - she should have killed lady crane, proved she's now a ruthless killer serving the God, but then in some way make her remember her true purpose (avenging her family) which pisses off the waif, leads to a big ass fight scene, waif dies, Jaqen is pleased as all he wants are more faces for the God. Done.
This way it fucking makes sense. The stabbing, lady crane thing, etc, was just fucked up.

We don't need to know about the true nature of Jaqen or the faces. Arya makes sense as a plot armored ninja assassin from hell, but her development was CRAP because of the events leading up to episode 8. So much potential wasted.

Still my favourite character along The Hound, though.
>>
>>71364658
I think she was wondering if it was worth the effort to off a person not on her final list
>>
>>71364647
This show is dumb but you fucks are even dumber. You know she changed her face before, right? For fucking sake, the problem with your nickpicking assholes is that you are dumber than the writers.
>>
Why was varys on Danys ship?
>>
ITT people too brain-dead to be able to fill in the gaps. Come on, do you really want 3 episodes of her on a ship, scoping them out, baking them, then patiently waiting to be in a room with Frey? We ain't got time for that anymore.
>>
File: 16064938_ml.jpg (110 KB, 1678x1119) Image search: [Google]
16064938_ml.jpg
110 KB, 1678x1119
>>71365628
Poison to the spine?

>>71365460
Now this shit pisses me off like nothing else. I literally have not a single complaint and can make everything work in my head except this bullshit. How did these fucking idiot directors think this was a good idea? They better come out with some shit later about magic or someshit. Same with Sandor. Nigga shouldn't be able to walk, and he's just cutting niggers up like nothing.
>>
Shes so fucking ugly, I cannot take watching her on screen.
>>
>>71365799
nitpicking*
fix'd
>>
>>71365688

>everyone discussing that this must be some master level ruse
>she wouldn't just be lounging about in a city filled with faceless people looking to kill her

And then it turned out it was totally what happened, but even worse.
>>
>>71365808
Yeah, this. People are just legit butthurt at how the Braavos thing went, for good reason.

They had the perfect chance to develop Arya well and fucked it up with unnecessary bullshit. There was no reason for Lady Crane not to die. It added nothing, just complications over complications, leading to a bunch of shitty scenes.
>>
>>71364253
this is as much cinema as age of ultron is kino
>>
>>71365899
>she wouldn't just be lounging about in a city filled with faceless people looking to kill her
i was in such denial

she's just so fucking carefree
with no disguise at all
>>
Do you think Maisie Williams is a virgin
>>
Arya murdering Walder Frey was shameless normie pandering. It wasn't earned or appropriate and only thrown in so they could pretend Arya's arc wasn't a total waste of timeline. For an episode that was otherwise a 10/10, this scene was pretty bad.
>>
>>71365799
She took a face off the wall, she has never been shown to do it herself. Unless you think Arya has a bag of faces she borrowed.
>>
>>71364191
There was a fingertip visible in the pie when Walder lifted the crust up.
>>
>>71363963
Fuck off :D
>>
>>71366029
The scene worked and made sense. We didn't need to see the rest of it.

What killed it was what happened in E8.
Arya goes from "oh I can't kill this actress, she's cute" to BAKING PEOPLE. People she didn't like of course, but... what the fuck.

just fuck my character up senpai
>>
>>71365996
oh wait you were serious? let me (You) even harder
>>
>>71366029
The only real bad part of this episode was with the fat fucking crow. Dude is so annoying. The entire Cersie blowing up the cathedral part was amazing, the music was soooo fucking good. I loved watching lancel chasing that kid and getting stabbed. Fucking Qyburn is the absolute best character in the show now that Little finger has become a meme.
>>
>>71365212
People predicted the wildfire explosion weeks ago.

However, a lot of them also thought Cersei would die as well.

Tommen legitimately surprised me though. Great scene.
>>
>>71366069
Why do you think faces are necessarily physical objects. Again, Jaqen had Arya's face. Do you think Arya lost her face?

The Many-Faced God has to make sense as much as the God of Light - magic, etc.
The problem lies in shitty scene writing and shitty scenes that fucked it up.
It could have been awesome, it's probably going to be, but everyone is going to remember how Braavos ended and it's just not going to feel good.
>>
>spend two seasons getting beaten with a stick
>teleport to other side of the world
>kill a character that no one has cared about in three years because no one has seen him in three years
>scene takes about two minutes
>also apparently kill few other people but that's ok she's magic assassin now because she was beaten with a stick many times

Brilliant writing, everyone at our bar just started clapping and me and my significant other just had to high five it was so epic :D
>>
thats not even how you cut throats. pathetic
>>
>>71366187
>teleport to other side of the world
Varys came and went from Dorne to Mereen in less time.
It's not teleporting, just not showing Arya take a fucking boat - it was obvious, a lot of time passed.
>>
File: gambina.png (41 KB, 426x384) Image search: [Google]
gambina.png
41 KB, 426x384
>>71365514
True. She looks like a different Arya now. It's still a a shame though, with better pacing it would have been a better ending. It just seems like she teleported across the sea now, even though at nowhere in the show does it state that all of the events are moving in real time. For all we know, Arya could have killed Waif a week or a month ago. It still seems... crude to say at least.
>>
>>71365996

She is probably rich enough to pay a blind gigolo
>>
File: literay geniuses.jpg (71 KB, 600x369) Image search: [Google]
literay geniuses.jpg
71 KB, 600x369
>>71365899
Poetry.
>>
>>71366135
samwise is fucking annoying but the scene with the maester secretary was pretty good
>>
>>71366178
I think Jaquen learned it from someone before him while Arya fucked up 2 assassinations, and did nothing on screen like she was taught something like being able to change a face without taking it.
>>
>>71366267
*tteleports behind you"*
>>
>>71366187
>what is off-screen timeskip?
>>
the pie still looked delicious.
>>
>>71363938
You're right. I thought I would finally get to see Lady Stoneheart.
>>
>>71366267
>>71366187
This, Varys left for Dorne before the attack on started. Danny fought a battle, and had to rebuild all of her new ships as well as paint the sails and fix her city before she left. I think atleast a few weeks have passed. And Arya started sailing the same day she killed the waif.
>>
>>71366291
Samwise is everything wrong with people. He's such a fucking pussy that he's afraid to talk to the guy. I feel like Tywin talking about this shit, but he really is an embarrassment. Maybe Same has had too easy of a life.
>>
>>71366335
In this case shit writing that takes tension out the scene and the show.
>>
>>71365688
lol this is got? looks so cheesy.
>>
>>71366323

*It was a hollow bran*
>>
>>71366485
*reveals a FOURTH eyed raven*

heh
>>
>>71366297
Arya didn't fuck up two assassinations, she just choose her own targets. Nowhere is it implied that Jaqen really wanted those people dead more than seeing if Arya could be some kind of promised girl, able to take her own path.

Jaqen wants faces for the God. That's it. The Waif was a good enough contract killer, Arya could be a fucking apocalypse of death.

The problem is that it's never written decently. Arya takes sword lessons, she becomes good, then insert scene where she can't even hold her sword straight.
Same thing in Braavos, she learns to fight FUCKING BLIND, becoming a murder machine, then she gets stabbed without even trying to fight back. Next scene, again she's a murder machine.

One scene she murders anyone without a single regard for life, next scene the actress is too nice to kill.

It's as if two different persons wrote the storyline without talking to each other.
I'll try to forget all the bullshit and accept the fact that Arya is now the hand of God as much as Beric Dondarrion is. Only her writing in S6 was shit. Luckily she's a good actress.
>>
>>71363938
>swn slit your throat
;_;
>>
>>71363963
Anon, she spent the ENTIRE fifth season and 90% of this one training with assassins with the sole purpose of killing these people.

How is that no setup?

Might as well just get rid of a character who was going to die in the future anyways. That way we won't have to spend money hiring David Bradley for another season.
>>
>reference two minor characters in name only when most of the audience can't even remember Daenerys isnt called Khaleesi.

Seemed like kind of a bad idea.
>>
>>71364364
>OR DID YOU THINK THAT A MAN HAD 40 FACES INCLUDING ARYAS ON HIM AT THE SAME TIME?

She was hallucinating when that happened.
>>
What ever happened to Hotpie
>>
>>71366720
Nah. It's unexplained magic. Faces sitting on walls, untreated for hundreds of years, all perfectly fine - come on, shit's magic.
>>
>>71363938
Too bad they ended it with that awful closeup of her goofy looking Sid the Sloth face.
>>
>>71366745

he baked the freys into a pie
>>
>>71365328
>>71365444
The gods didn't punish him for feeding the king his sons, they punished him for hurting a guest of his house.
>>
>>71364183
Nothing beats the waif stabbing her while she's strolling around Braavos whistling happy tunes in broad daylight while an elite assassin clan is out looking for her.
>>
>>71365514
>alright maisie, this scene is gonna be really badass, so you gotta look badass okay, like dont even flinch, just look really dark and edgy, it'll work cause you're just a small girl and people will flip the fuck out

this is what our culture is obsessed with right now. this shit show.
>>
>>71365212
All of it was leaked weeks ago.
>>
>>71365460

Lancel got stabbed in the spine

Arya got stabbed in the uterus which she doesn't need
>>
>>71365500
She drank from the well that cured her of her blindness.
>>
>>71365688

How the FUCK did she survive that? Look at the length of that knife, that's way into her guts. This show is shit, shit at this point.
>>
>>71365157
Especially with Transporters
>>
>>71365688
>Arya a little girl gets stabbed by a 6 inch knife in the gut
>does a rolling dive off a bridge and swims underwater like it was nothing

>Robert Baratheon, professional warrior
>killed by a pig tusk to the gut
>>
>>71367086
>>71367172
Honestly never thought of it like this. I've seen a man take an iron bar from shoulder to thigh without piercing any organs, and some niggas used to plung swords through their bodies. So maybe she just got stabbed in her uterus. Like, only way i can make this work in my head. That, and the magic water at the assassins guild.
>>
>>71367212

She bought passage on a ship in the stabbing episode, remember? She was going home when she left the faceless fags
>>
>>71367214
pigs dont fuck around m8

If Arya had fought a full grown boar she'd have literally been fucked into the mud
>>
>>71367251

It's called the abdominal CAVITY for a reason...

Still I think it's bullshit, those stabs were going into her intestines IMO
>>
>>71366994
She looks like she's starting to lose it, which is the obvious direction she's going in that you somehow missed. She's going to become full on schizophrenic by the end of the series.
>>
File: Metal Gear Arya.jpg (314 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Arya.jpg
314 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>71367251
And then she fell into shitty contaminated water, but for some reason we were never shown her having a fever or some other symptoms of spreading infection.
>>
yea, i wasn't sure anything untoward was going on till he slapped that cute girl that arya was assuming's ass

but even then, i didn't think arya
i thought...jamie must've done something
>>
>>71367251
The bottom line is that Arya's wound isn't necessarily fatal or fatal looking, in the real world plenty of men and women have survived MUCH worse, including the swim into polluted city water with a gaping wound.

It's just badly written, in a show where less gruesome wounds led to instant death, and in a situation where the fight could have played out in ANY OTHER WAY and had a more interesting outcome without ruining the written plot.

Arya is a fucking ninja? Fine. Make her get wounded but while fighting, then she jumps off the bridge to escape. Same fucking scene, but now it makes sense and also builds up on the fact that Arya is now a professional killer.
>>
>>71363938
Except they ripped the scene directly from Trey Parker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeXSddKpeAw
>>
>>71367533
>intestinal perforation
>even comparable to a gaping wound
She'd die from infection just intestinal leakage.
>>
>>71365808
I would have rather had that than any of the scenes in Bravos this season
>>
when did she learn how to take faces? she couldnt have taken them from braavos
>>
>>71365966
exactly
>>
>>71366187
>my significant other
arya's plotline was more realistic
>>
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2036859-overview

I guess a fine soup and good night sleep was fine too
>>
>>71367756
she probably used the five finger discount in the house of black and white before she left
>>
>People actually believe all of the story arcs are on the same timeline.
>>
File: 123.png (941 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
123.png
941 KB, 1366x768
>>71366400
And yet this kid still shits his pants. How old was he supposed to be?
>>
File: 1465959791.jpg (14 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
1465959791.jpg
14 KB, 294x294
>>71367598
>>
>>71368035
Your probably sopposed to look at those scenes as flashbacks. Like, Faggot in black making it to the library is probably like - almost a year ago. Winter coming is probably at the same time as dany coming, which is at the same time as bran seeing Johns birth. Cersie blew up the church while jamie was on his way, or arriving, to kings landing. He probably has been on the road for a week or so after leaving walter frey. The scene of frey dying was the same night Jamie left. Baldynoballs arrived at dorne pretty late also. This shit is probably soooo out of order.
>>
>>71368035
Different plotlines are happening at different rates of time.

A winterfell plot could be over the course of two weeks for a whole season, while Dany could go over a year in the same amount of episodes.
>>
>>71363938
Yeah I literally clapped and cheered.
>>
i thought the whole point of the faceless men was that they gave up their past identity

how come arya is a special snowflake that gets to keep hers
>>
literally the only issue with it was the lack of setup and it felt a little anticlimactic.

Meryn Trant's death was fucking BASED since they actually took the time to set it up
>>
File: Pepe - Disapointed .png (209 KB, 501x498) Image search: [Google]
Pepe - Disapointed .png
209 KB, 501x498
>>71365500

>Aria gets stabbed multiple times in the gut and has the blade twisted in her stomach but can still jump, swim, and walk.

>Meanwhile Lancel gets a shallow wound and immediately can't walk, and has to hobble everywhere. Not even to save his life and the life of his precious high sparrow.
>>
>>71368195
>Like, Faggot in black making it to the library is probably like - almost a year ago

sam arrived at oldtown on the first day of winter
>>
>>71366656

but she didnt do any training at all. she just got blinded and beaten up multiple times.

complete bullshit. d and d kikes cant write for shit.
>>
>>71365157

Also this episode was full of timeskips.

I know some people are having a hard time wrapping their heads around it but this episode took place over a relatively long period of time with sometimes weeks passing between scenes.

>teleport

Idiots.
>>
>>71368479

game of thrones is just like days of our lives and bold and the beautiful since season 5.

further evidence kikes cant write a good story.
>>
>>71368309
the books havent explored this fully yet but i was hoping and feeling like becoming no one has a literal meaning and allows the wearing of the faces. so they are no one thats why they can be anyone. I guess not
>>
>>71368478
>but she didnt do any training at all
holy shit you're fucking retarded
>>
>>71368603

but he's right. she didnt do anything. the whole arya/bravos/faceless men story arc was fucking pointless and written like complete shit

>showfags will defend this garbage
>>
>>71368195
>year
no, remember that king's landing to winterfell is one month. Considering he went by boat for most of the trip, it probably took less time, for the same distance but the longer trip means that the timeline of fatty reaching Oldtown is between 2 and three months of travel.

If you watch the map, Braavos from The Twins is probably two weeks of boat and horse, at worse.
>>
>>71368309

but the faceless god had a name when we first met him (season 1/2) as jaquen
>>
>>71365770
Oh look, someone who actually watched and paid attention to what was said. how rare and unusual for someone to have this much clarity wherein everyone's supposed to have enough comprehending abilities to know her being blinded was done by the many faced god and her getting her sight back is his will. His will is for her to kill, it's the others who puts bells and whistles to it. If you ask me, Jaqen's the will of the many faced god made manifest.
>>
>>71368642
It's fucking hilarious that you can't remember simple shit but still act condescending.
>>
>>71368603
It was too much. It insisted too many times on the same ideas. We can agree with that.

But it's obvious that everything she went through was training. If she hadn't betrayed them in the end she would have become one of them.

So yes, even if the arc was repetitive as fuck, she was perfectly trained to do that.
>>
>>71368642
Did you miss the parts where she trained to become an assassin to the point of training daily blind while living as a beggar, until she was good enough to beat The Waif BLIND?

The Braavos arc had some shitty writing, but it all happened with Arya sparing the actress, her training was well displayed, dipshit.
>>
>>71368691

there's nothing to even remember. the whole story arc was complete shit and you know it. get your tongue out of d&ds asses.
>>
>>71368479
This. It annoys me because in general the books were always linear, and the show used to be like that too. However, it was clear from today's episode that Arya's line had a different timeline as the others.
>>
>>71368727
>her training was well displayed, dipshit.

not at all.

>dipshit

showfags confirmed for being triggered by the truth.

i still enioy the show desu, but i stopped taking it so seriously post season 4.
>>
File: 1461103454361.jpg (60 KB, 514x540) Image search: [Google]
1461103454361.jpg
60 KB, 514x540
>>71368737
>he's STILL doing it

>>71368719
pretty much
>>
>>71366172
Me too thought he was just going to throw the crown and walk away but i didn't expect him not to fly so good.
>>
>>71368727
>but it all happened with Arya sparing the actress

>gets blinded and beaten up constantly

>training

yeah, no. this isn't one of your animes, kiddo.
>>
File: mfwlolfgt.png (83 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
mfwlolfgt.png
83 KB, 365x450
>>71368820
>>he's STILL doing it

butthurt because you know im right. lmfao.

>showfags will even defend the teleportation and days of our lives/bold and the beautiful tier writing
>>
>>71368727
No she didn't. She managed to block a few strikes while blind. The very next episode, after getting her sight back, the Waif beat her even unarmed vs Arya's stick.
>>
>>71368792
>not at all.
There have been many many countless minutes of seeing Arya spar with the Waif and learn how to kill people.

The episodes can only be so long, if you don't get it after 10 cumulative minutes of sparring and torture for the sake of streghtening Arya, you'll never get it.

Called you dipshit because you are if that's the reason you bitch at Arya's storyline. Her training is not the issue, it's what happens after.
>>
>>71368891
stop trying so hard
>>
>>71368393
Meryn fucking Trant?
>>
>>71368915

exactly. then arya magically beats her in the dark with fatal wounds.

complete garbage.

>There have been many many countless minutes of seeing Arya spar with the Waif and learn how to kill people.

[citation needed]

>>71368930

>stop proving me wrong
>>
>>71366534
>Nowhere is it implied that Jaqen really wanted those people dead

LITERAL DIALOGUE FROM THE SHOW

>A girl has taken a life. The wrong life.
>>
>>71368727
>training
being bullied and forced to wash dead guys is not training, practicing lying is not training.
>>
>>71368975
For your sake I really hope you are b8ing
>>
>>71368891
>>showfags will even defend the teleportation and days of our lives/bold and the beautiful tier writing

that about sums it up.
>>
>>71363938

There's a thousand reasons this scene was atrocious and made no sense.
>>
>>71368915
see this is the problem, in some scenes she pretty much beats the waif (I remember her having a scared face like "Oh no she beats me boooh") then she's back to untrained arya.
THAT's shit writing. She should constantly act as a serious threat if she's to make sense when she murders and cooks people afterwards.

>>71368841
But that's exactly how it played off. Do you think Pod getting lessons from Bronn while Brienne talks with Jamie will have no effect? That's exactly what training is, at least in a fantasy series like this.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnyseAZ4xU8

Preston is salty as fuck.
>>
I'm Arya Stark of Winterfell and this line sound false because I can't act.
>>
File: damagecontrol.jpg (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
damagecontrol.jpg
109 KB, 650x650
>>71369013

>I cant back up my claims and keep getting BTFO so im going to call all your post bait

you tried
>>
>"I WANTED YOU TO SEE A STARK STANDING OVER YOU BEFORE YOU DIED"
>When really Walder is probably still freaked out over her changing her face and wondering if he's having a stroke
>>
Gotta admit at least he got to smack datass before he died
>>
>>71369017
name ten that aren't from reddit
>>
>>71369039
or maybe she is not Arya
>>
>>71368984
But what if Jaqen was just setting up Arya against the Waif.
I mean we did see that Jaqen just wanted names. Names that could be anything BUT some characters that have importance for the events to unfold, so probably not fit for the God, at the moment. (Tywin.)
>>
>>71369054
You're fucking triggered lmao
>>
>>71369015
>showfags will even defend the teleportation and days of our lives/bold and the beautiful tier writing

lmao fucking this
>>
>>71365799

Yeah, she changed her face before and went blind because she wasn't "no one." Please slit your wrists vertically.
>>
>>71369022
Whats with people assuming that unela is getting raped?Why do you have such limited imaginations?
>>
>>71369099
>>71369015
>>71368891
blatant samefagging autist
>>
>>71369097
>But what if
So you made a claim that was complete bullshit, and now instead of admitting you were a liar, are adding in your own fan fiction?

I'm sorry I wasted responses on a proven liar, this is the last one you get.
>>
>>71369132
Shes getting tickled to death. Rewatch the episode.
>>
>>71365212
>didn't read the leaks
>>
>>71369022
is this guy autistic?Does he have a problem emphasizing with people and need everything spelled out for him?
>>
how long does it take to carve up people, make a crust, make a filling, and bake a pie?
>>
>>71363938
>"THE LAST THING YOU'LL SEE BEFORE YOU DIE IS A STARK SMILING DOWN AT YOU"
>cuts his throat and stares off at the far wall, not smiling

what did she mean by this?
>>
>>71369224
1 hour with Game of Thrones playing as background noise
>>
>>71369224
looked more like she just chopped a few fingers off and stuck them in
>>
>>71363938
It was shit Arya is garbage Walder should have killed her then it would have been a awesome scene.

Arya has been 100% garbage ever since she left the hound. Pure trash.
>>
>>71369167
It's not complete bullshit, the whole Jaqen line is unclear. He might not even be fucking human.
It's just not the problem with Arya's line.
>>
"Na Na Na Na I made you eat your sons" - Arya Cartman
>>
>>71369067
>should not have been able to varys teleport to the Twins
>should not have been allowed to leave with a face
>should not have been allowed to leave at all
>should have turned blind from wearing the face like she did before
>should not have been able to get into the Twins
>should not have been able to kill two Freys undetected
>should not have had the time or secrecy to chop them up and make a fucking pie
>should not have been the only serving girl in there with Walder
>makes no sense that Walder was alone to begin with
>should not have been able to escape as she would be the only person leaving the scene of the crime

Also, nobody believes that you aren't from reddit. You're pathetic.
>>
>>71369197
He's partly right though. We've seen nothing see, jack shit, nada but hold the door and Bransperging. Then they suddenly close at least 4 differents plotline in the season finale by killing the characters. It's shit, it's food for the masses.

The only thing we'll get from this show at this point is that it will spoil the end while simplifying the story so that retards can understand.

Next season is the last btw. Enjoy you're last seven episodes wraped at lightspeed. HBO has other shows waiting.
>>
>>71363938
*Teleports behind you
"psshhh nothing personel kid"
>>
>>71363938
Couldn't have been easier for her, more cliche, or more boringly done.
>>
>>71369434
he is right about some things but cersei getting her revenge did add to the plot and she does feel the loss of her kid.
>>
>>71369434
2 more seasons actually
>>
Where are the webm's of this scene famiglias?
>>
>>71363938
She looked like she was wet as fuck. Pretty sure it's less about the revenge now and more about she's a twisted fucking psychopath who just loves to kill people.
>>
>>71369735
Yeah sure, 2 season of 6/7 episodes. So 4 episodes where something actually happen.

Wrap it up lads.
>>
File: asdas.jpg (36 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
asdas.jpg
36 KB, 792x612
I dont watch this shitty show but the girl is basically Eric Cartman or something?
>>
>>71369847
Still not set in stone yet. inb4 "YUH HUH" No it's not.
>>
>>71363938

So, now he really is the Late Lord Frey?
>>
>>71367251
>>71367172
>>71367086
>>71365688
>>71365500
>>71365460
The whole point of the "Arya getting stabbed" thing was that the waif gave in to her personal hatred of Arya and instead of going straight for the kill, wanted to make her suffer. This turns out to be a big mistake, since Arya was able to get away. And yes, people have survived far worse than what Arya got, even without modern medicine.
>but how could she even move
Adrenaline is a hell of a drug
>but she should have at least been sick because of the river
She probably was. It's likely the waif took a while to track her down, or even learn that she hadn't died.
>>
Easily the worst DABID moment in the episode.

They took the Manderly pies from the books and just applied the idea to Arya because fuck it.
>>
>>71369798
The faceless god loves a happy killer.
>>
>>71363938
No, it was like the worst part of an otherwise good episode

>le psycho mary sue goblin murderer xD
>>
>>71365688
Some of the directors for the show really suck.

They read Arya tries to bribe her way onto a ship to Westeros and turn it into her blazingly walking and throwing money around in the middle of the day even though she was hiding in the shadows the day before.

They read "Arya gets stabbed and escapes" and turns it into this brutal shanking.

They read "Waif pursues Arya through the streets" and turn it into some improbalbe epic chase scene.
>>
>>71363938
Arya is dead, the waif took her face and cut off her own to show she's no one.
>>
>>71370413
Why would you wear a mask underneath a mask?
>>
>>71370059
>people have survived far worse than what Arya got, even without modern medicine.

Yeah the problem isn't that, it's just that its badly written in and leads to scenes that make no sense and serve no purpose.

Again, I think it should have played out like this

>Arya kills lady crane, but the theatre reminds her that her true purpose is avenging her family
>Waif/Arya scenes where Waif freaks out, because of envy that she's better than her, because Arya drank from the well without losing herself (she is no one, but she's also Arya), etc.
>lead up to scene where Jaqen plays as neutral and just allows the Waif to punish Arya by killing her, but his true purpose is selecting the best hand to carry out the will of the God
>fight scene happens, Arya is better than the waif but she gets a strike in, forced to run, fight in the dark happens, done.

This would have been both easier to realize, would have given more time for fight scenes that show Arya as the lethal murderer she is, would have actually made it believable for her to kill and cook people afterwards, etc.
>>
>>71370156
>otherwise good
The whole thing was the worst part.
>>
>>71363938
As soon as I saw the pie I knew it was the 2 Freys in there. I was kindof upset they didn't let Manderly do it though like in the books. It was a lot more of a subtle revenge.
>>
>>71370475
arya gave her life to the faceless men so that she could have her revenge. As part of the deal, it must look like Arya is doing the killing.
>>
>>71370659
Why wear Arya's face when there is literally no one else in the room?
>>
>>71370693
There's always someone watching, even if you think the room is empty.
>>
>>71370798
Bullshitticus up in the house!
>>
>>71370475
No one cared who she was until she put on the mask.
>>
>>71370591
Not enough introduction for Manderly in the show, no one would have a clue who he is. Same here though, I knew as soon as I saw the pie. Frey pie is something D&D could never resist doing one way or another.
>>
>>71371008
An inexperienced girl who has been stabbed in the stomach tries to run away from a better assassin somehow manages to win by fighting in the dark?
Arya is dead, the face dancing waif is her now.
>>
>>71368891
>(you)
are you happy you little turdmunching autist?
>>
>>71364063
*teleports behind you*
PSSHT NOTHING PERSONAL KID

God she has become the worst fuckinge edgelord cunt
>>
>>71371168
Also, it fits the modus operandi of the faceless men. Arya wants to kill a lot of important men and all she has to offer is her face and her name.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-28-03h27m30s078.png (257 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-28-03h27m30s078.png
257 KB, 1280x718
>>71371224
Please do not come crying here when your impossible fanfiction turns out not true.

>An inexperienced girl
Waif and Arya are about on par. Blind Arya managed to nearly beat the Waif. Waif later beats up Arya because she's STRONGER as in MUSCLES STRONG but both are a close match, and the Waif does not appear to have any blind training.

Plus we don't know how more experience the Waif is. She might just have a couple more months under her belt. Would make sense.

Also, her training sessions start before Episode 3, so she's been training for nearly a full season and people still bitch? That's months and months of training.

Pic is the face of the waif getting beaten by Arya. Arya didn't strike back but it doesn't make the Waif being counter blocked by a blind girl better.
>>
>>71371455
Because it's not her, it's the waif.
You know, the competent assassin?
>>
>>71369302
keep moving those goalposts anon
>>
>>71371224
> inexperienced.

Arya is a far stronger opponent with a sword than she is with a staff. Trained by Sirio Forrell in the art of Water Dancing, and with tuition in the art of the battlefield from Sandor Clegane.

Reminder that the waif was not training her. The waif was punishing her. It's entirely possible that because of this the waif did not know the true extent of Arya's capabilities, thus underestimating her.

And on the field of battle, a prepared swordsman will defeat an assassin every time.
>>
If she could travel from the city of faceless people to Riverun so quickly? How come she didn't save Rickon?
Why did everyone want Rickon Stark dead? Was he a big dick to everyone off screen?
>>
>>71371513
Why would the faceless men not train all their assassins to fight in the dark?
We will see what happens, but you have to admit that a stupid twist like this wouldn't be out of place in Game of Crones.
>>
File: shakeitbaby.png (120 KB, 705x1133) Image search: [Google]
shakeitbaby.png
120 KB, 705x1133
>>71368195
The Highlander was a documentary
and the events happened in real time.
>>
the only way the arya arc makes any sense fro mhere on out is if she's dead
>>
File: 14670611381091.jpg (92 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
14670611381091.jpg
92 KB, 950x534
>this thread
>>
>>71371600
Except she was severely wounded as well, which doesn't improve her fighting skills that much.
>>
>>71371650
Yup. She paid for her revenge with her face. Her ugly, ugly alien face.
>>
>>71365996
my mate fingered her in a club in Brixton, she was gurning her nuts off on MD apparently
>>
>>71371619
It's not riverrunn, it's "The Twins", Frey's castle, and looking at the map it is quite near the coast and a short travel by boat from Braavos. Less than a month for sure. It all fits neatly, timeline wise.

>Why did everyone want Rickon Stark dead? Was he a big dick to everyone off screen?
Did you even get anything from the series so far?
Rickon Stark was the only known legit direct male heir to the Stark family. Bran is lost, Sansa is a woman, Jon is a bastard - Rickon was the strongest claim to the entire north, followed by Sansa, followed by Bran (just because he's still lost and people think he's dead by now) and lastly followed by Jon, that is a bastard (though technically no longer, as he's Targaryen-Stark in reality, which would make him pretty fucking noble) and so is unfit to keep the north united under a family name that is not his.
>>
>>71371729
Okay, let's look at this another way;

Have you ever tried fighting while blind? It's disorientating, and terrifying. More importantly though is the choice of weaponry. Arya has an actual sword, whereas the waif has a dagger.

Reach means everything in the dark, where even the slightest mis-step will bring swift death before you even know whats happening.
>>
>>71371636
I dunno, but that's the smallest problem and would be easily excused by some extra plot behind Jaqen's plans, while the whole lady crane stuff, stabbing, chase - that's just shit writing, and the main issue.

Nobody would be bitching at Arya besting The Waif if the writers didn't write her out as a huge bitch directly before that scene, even after all the training.
>>
>>71371848
Oh, a dagger? A dagger you can throw?
Maybe she's got more than one dagger.
That's a better reach than a sword.
>>
>>71371943
> throw your only weapon at a target you can't even see.

You've never fought blind.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.