[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin. And yours,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (580 KB, 768x776) Image search: [Google]
image.png
580 KB, 768x776
>I don't hate the sinner, I hate the sin. And yours, my friend, is existing.

There's your motivation, mouth-breathers.
>>
Whats up with his hair
>>
>>71359085
Why is existing a sin?
>>
>>71359314
Because heh, you were expecting the Star Wars is hell meme, don't you?
>>
>>71359314
He's referring to supermans existence.
>>
>>71359616
That doesn't change the question.
>>
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/

>Motive
>Expose “power can be innocent” as a lie.
>That’s it. Everything essentially comes from this multi-layered motive. Lex means to enact this motive through several big-picture plans.
>>
I'm sorry but Martha Kent waving as batman flew off was adorable.
>>
>>71359085
Wait, is this from the Ultimate Cut that was supposedly leaked or something?
If so, link please?
>>
>>71359874

it was, so was

"It's okay, I'm a friend of your son's."

"I figured..the cape and all."

Also Clark calling to hear her voice was good too.

Fucking theatrical cut really hamstringed a lot of plot and characterizations.
>>
>>71359683
>Expose “power can be innocent” as a lie.
y tho
>>
>>71359944
Putlocker
>>
>>71359874
>>71359960
GIVE ME A NON SHITTY LINK REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71359314
He sees Supes' existence as an affront to human creation. He's threatened by the idea that somewhere, out in the galaxy, there's something better than humans.

In other words, it's compensation for the collective little white dick of the universe.
>>
>>71359960
>Clark calling to hear her voice

?
>>
>>71359963
Cause god didn't stop his dad from raping him despite having the power too, which caused lex to have a vendetta against powerful ppl who use their power for good. Unfortunately this all falls apart for me when he decided to create doomsday.
>>
>>71360467
>Fall apart

How so?
>>
>Superman: You've lost

>Lex: I don't know how to lose

>Superman: You'll learn

WE HAVE QUIPS PEOPLE. DELETED SCENES CONFIRMED FOR QUIPS
>>
>>71360467
Wait.. did Luthor's dad actually rape him or are you just memeing on me? I distinctly remember it being limited to just beatings.
>>
>>71360284

Ultimate Cut, he calls Martha just to chat and talk about Pa Kent and why he never left the farm/Kansas.

Like I said, Clark Kent/Superman get a lot of poignant scenes cut.

what kind of asshole decides to cut Superman helping a survivor of the senate explosion get EMT treatment?
>>
>>71360624
Obviously beatings. Rape is never really implied.
>>
>mfw when plebs finally begin to uncuck themselves after watching the Ultimate Kino Editon of BvS
>>
>>71360639
Oh you meant that part. Yeah the producers butchered this movie theatrically, but business wise I get it: we can't keep people in te theatre for three hours.
>>
>>71360639
>what kind of asshole decides to cut Superman helping a survivor of the senate explosion get EMT treatment?

Because that stuff goes against the DC grimdark mandate, the editor probably saw the scene and said "This is too Marvel, cut that shit out, we need to get back toGRIMMMDARK"
>>
>>71360624
"Daddy's fist and abominations..."

Either rape or some sort of experimentation.
>>
>That last asian thug panicking stabbed against the wall as batman slowly approached him

Oh shit.
>>
>>71360749
bout time

It was obvious that BvS was kino to patricians in the theatrical cut, but plebs can't read between the lines so the ultimate cut does a good job of making it clearer for retards.
>>
That's not motivation though... that's just him stating that he dislikes Superman....
>>
>DC fans have to explain the non-existant motivation for Lex months after the movie's release

This movie is so awful....
>>
Anyone catch the blood splatters?
>>
>>71360523
Because in the theatrical cut it doesn't explain how creating doomsday ties into his main objective or how he plans to control it, which doesn't make sense with his characterization since the movie portrayed Lex to be a person who plans out his actions thoroughly and in detail. Also the movie seems to suggest that he was going to activate doomsday regardless if Batman won or not, which again doesn't make sense.
>>
>>71360118
Can't find the Ultimate Cut there.
>>
>batman decides to fight against superman on the exact same night that Lex decides to kidnap Superman's mom to get him to fight batman
>>
>>71361044
He wanted to prove Superman is either 1) not all good or 2) not all powerful.

He tried to bait Superman into killing Batman (or vice versa) and failed at that, so he creates Doomsday to prove he's not all powerful, and he succeeds.
>>
>>71361201
>failed at that, so he creates Doomsday

but he created Doomsday BEFORE he knew that his plan failed...
>>
>>71361044
He literally said, out loud, "I cannot let you win."

Also, keep in mind he's a psychotic.
>>
File: jesse-eisenberg.png (252 KB, 286x586) Image search: [Google]
jesse-eisenberg.png
252 KB, 286x586
>>71359085
D R O P P E D
>>
>>71361296
He was dicking around with motherboxes, and had he not been apprehended its unclear what kind of forces he was tampering with, so it's completely possible doomsday wasn'y that big a deal to him, compared to what he had really, REALLY planned.
>>
>>71359678
Because Superman should not exists
>>
>>71361201
>He wanted to prove Superman is either 1) not all good or 2) not all powerful.

What's the relevancy of this point? I didn't make any claim regarding Lex's core motives in my post.

>He tried to bait Superman into killing Batman (or vice versa) and failed at that, so he creates Doomsday.

He created doomsday prior to them fighting though which suggest he was going to activate doomsday into the world regardless if batman won and despite the fact that he no confirmation that he would be able to control it.
>>
>>71361201

Why does he want to do that?

How do any of the actions he takes in the film prove either of those hypothesis?

are you just trolling
>>
>>71361612
>>71361296
Some men just want to watch the world burn
>>
>>71361612
Damn thanks for pointing out that monumental plot-hole, anon. I view this movie in a whole new light now.
>>
>>71359085
Is there any good version of the Ultimate Cut or the only one is still that laggy piece of shit?
>>
>>71361296
>>71361612
obviously a contingency plan. He didn't release Doomsday till Superman came to him on the ship.
>>
>>71361740
he fucking says it repeatedly. that was the entire basis of his actions

confirmed marvel fags incapable of paying attention.
>>
>>71361612
>implying he cares about Doomsday wrecking the planet when fucking Darkseid is coming
>>
>>71361847
>contingency plan

how the fuck is that a contingency plan, if doomsday kill superman, he's going to kill Luthor right after that

>>71361897
he never fucking said that, you are deranged
>>
existing is a sin?

right...

thakns snyder
>>
>>71361974
he said it when talking to Superman on the helipad you retarded autist. pay attention next time.
>>
>>71361962
>darkseid is coming

that doesn't even make sense either because we later find out that Luthor is the one that called Darkseid
>>
>>71361974
>he never fucking said that, you are deranged.

Jesus christ, how much Marvel dumbed down the cape genre to have people who doesnt pay attention at all on other movies?
>>
WOW THIS IS SUCH A DEEP MOTIVATION IT REALLY MAKES THIS KINO SO MOVING AND INCREDIBLE BECAUSE IT MAKES IT SO """"LAYERED"""" AND """"DEEP"""" IT REALLY MAKES ALL THE STUPID FUCKING INCOMPETENCE AND SHITTY WRITING SEEM INSIGNIFICANT BECAUSE OF SOME RETARDED LITTLE LINE THAT ONLY WORKS AS THE EDGY VERSION OF A QUIP FUCK THIS SHIT FUCK **SMASHES MONITOR**
>>
>>71362182
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>71362254

is there a good rip out yet or until tomorrow?
>>
>>71362123
I'll spell it out for you Dcuck

At no point does does Lex say "My plan is to try to prove that you cannot be all good and all powerful"

What Lex did do however, was make a clumsy allusion to the epicurean paradox
>>
Was Lex gay? I legitimately think he is
>>
>>71362365
MMMMMMMMM BOYS!
>>
>>71362337
>"I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be."
>>
>>71362414
how your autism-riddled brain was able to convert that into:

baffles me
>>
Why does /tv/ keep talking about shitty movies?
>>
File: kekikes.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
kekikes.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>>71359085
>watches capeshit
>calls others mouth breathers

Good one OP
>>
>>71362414
Why not, instead of having him say that, maybe show him coming to that realization? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>71362493
holy fuck you are completely retarded.
>>
>>71362544
I think you're the retarded one here friendo

and I'm slightly less retarded for engaging with you
>>
>>71362493
this is what Marvel flicks does to people. they are incapable of understanding anything other than a direct speech from the villain explaining every single detail.

you must hate Shakespeare
>>
>>71362106
That's another thing that irritated me, but I guess with Lex's warped logic darksied destroying the planet would be fine because it would be proof that power isn't good. I mean, after doomsday, it seems that there isn't a cost that Lex is not willing to pay to prove that he in in the right, even if the cost comes at the price of every living person on earth(which I guess would make everything he does pointless).
>>
>>71362679
are you being serious right now or are you just memeing
>>
BLURAY RIP WHEN??
>>
>>71362506
>No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful....
>>
The STOP, INVINCIBLE SON scene makes more sense now.
>>
>>71362811
Still looks like dialog to meee! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a modern problem with a lot of these cape movies is that they try so hard to shove exposition and character motivations down your throat that they forget to make anything interesting.
>>
>>71362854
All the Jonothan kent scenes made sense. The entire first hour of BvS proves he was right.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ this movie was such a turd
>>
>>71363028
How.
>>
>>71362493
I bet its the part where Lex says that if god was all powerful he couldn't be all good. And if he was all good he couldn't be all powerful.

and then he says neither can you (SUPERMAN) be.

You know like the literal words he says.
>>
>>71363128
again I must ask if you're being serious or just trolling
>>
>>71363181
it's clear you're completely retarded at this point.
>>
>>71359314
Women, in the Christian faith, sin just by existing
>>
>>71361396
his last name is Eisenberg anon, are you really that fucking slow?
>>
>>71363224
Okay retardo, I'll explain this to you

Luthor explains that God's failure to intervene when his father abused him convinced him that God was either evil or didn't exist

His reference to the epicurean paradox, is simply him conveying that he hates god, and that is his motivation for hating Superman

It is not a formulation of his plan to try to prove that Superman cannot be all good or all powerful, because if you WATCH THE REST OF THE FILM, Lex's plan is to kill superman, not try to test whether he's all powerful or all good
>>
>>71363603
>Lex's plan is to kill superman, not try to test whether he's all powerful or all good
He wants to PROVE to EVERYONE that is EITHER not ALL POWERFUL or ALL GOOD

He wants Batman and Superman to fight so either Batman kills Superman (not all powerful) or Superman kills Batman (not all good)

Retard.
>>
>>71363803
Except you're forgetting the whole "If Batman can't kill him, I'll get Doomsday to kill him" thing

his goal is to kill superman, not prove anything, the reference to god is Snyders clumsy attempt at providing a motivation for Luthor and inserting mythical themes of man vs. god
>>
>>71359085
>There's your motivation, mouth-breathers.

I'm all in on Kino Snyder since Dawn of the Dead.

But the chap asking about his motivation is right, there is very little rationale for Doomsday in particular.

But there's just enough.

Lex is jealous of Supes, he's been an apex predator for years and suddenly he's not. Lex will not let that stand, it becomes an obsession to destroy him.
He births Doomsday to this end, using his own DNA. If his son can best Superman, even killing him in the progress, he will do it, because he literally can't function anymore knowing Supes is on his planet. This is illustrated in full by his odd, shameful breakdown during the philanthropy speech.

Lex's motivation is to heal himself. He will take mortal risks to do so.

INb4 Doomsday just replaces Supes as worlds most powerful entity. It's his creation, his will, that's what matters to bruised and battered Lex.
>>
>>71363092
Because Zack Snyder is a fucking hack and should never be allowed to make movies again
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.