[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the entire realm has heard about her incestuous relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: file.png (467 KB, 670x499) Image search: [Google]
file.png
467 KB, 670x499
>the entire realm has heard about her incestuous relationship
>humiliated in wak of atonement
>no children, no husband
>no family left except a traitor dwarf
>hated by Dorne, North, Vale, Stormlands, Iron Islands and Reach
>gold mines in Westerland are empty
>bankrupt kingdom
>terrible at ruling

Why has this show become basically fan fiction? This reads like some retarded teenage girl wrote it.

>"woow it would be so cool if cersei blew up every1 and became queen :PP"
>>
Why didn't anyone object her taking the throne?
>>
>>71343662
>>71343729
Because literally everyone is dead you dumbasses.
>>
>>71343662
If she isn't dead in the first episode of season 7 for all the reasons you've just stated this show is officially irredeemable
>>
>>71343770
So? They can just overthrow her is she's such a cunt and a retard.
>>
>no family left except a traitor dwarf
Jamie Lannister you retard.
>>
Wasn't the whole reason that the High Sparrow was allowed to get away with his bullshit because he had the common folk behind him? Shouldn't they be tearing the city down to the ground or something?
>>
>>71343815
Who can overthrow her? The dead?

She leads House Lannister and the Lannister armies through her brother Jaime.
>>
Anyone else disappointed that after all the outsmarting the High Sparrow has done, he just ends up getting blown up because Cersei found some mountain dew?
>>
>>71343857
Seeing the main sept blow up in a giant ball of wildfire with the high sparrow and all the medium sparrows inside probably calmed them the fuck down.
>>
>>71343882
So why not just appoint Jaime as King?
>>
>>71343790
This tbqh, realistically she would be assassinated by the first handmaiden to enter her room.

There have been unlikely Kings and Queens in history, but none of them have ever won the throne by staying locked up in their room after walking naked through the city.

>>71343857
This, too.

>>71343882
Jaime isn't even there to defend her.

Remember Season 1 where they made such a big deal out of who controls the Goldcloaks? Not even mentioned in ages. The story would make sense if Cersei had also secured command of the city watch and they'd be used to quell the riots which immediately would have followed. But that would imply decent writing.
>>
>>71343948
>the high sparrow and all the medium sparrows
>>
>>71343954
She's the former queen consort, queen mother, and queen regent, it doesn't completely come out of nowhere like it would for Jaime who has no official connection to the throne at all. And why would they anyway, she's clearly the one in charge in that relationship.
>>
>>71343913

how many deus ex machina's need to happen on this show before people realize how shitty it is
>>
>>71343662
Is Cersei the icon of toxic femininity?
Is this GRRM telling us that, despite his feminism, he isn't blind to the flaws of women?
>>
>>71343913
this
it was so underwhelming
all the cool and interesting characters like Mace, Kevan, Margaery, High Sparrow, Loras, Lancel died from green CGI.
>>
The show/books were never good
>>
>>71343857
Yeah, doesn't really make sense that she destroys the most beloved people in the city as well as the most revered monument and everyone is just like, well I guess she's the queen now. I at least wanted a scene showing Lannister soldiers marching in or establishing some martial law shit or something.
>>
>>71344051
But she was bethroned. What retarded city bethrones their Queen just to let her be Queen again? That's just really shitty writing.
>>
she'll get BTFO very very soon
Danny+Dorne+Reach will absolutely squash her

Jon can just stand and watch their petty squabbles and focus on the walkers
>>
>>71343662
CERSI CONFIRMED FOR NERO
>>
>queen cersei will never force you to your knees and make you deep throat her 12 inch valyrian steel strapon
;_;
>>
>>71343998
>The story would make sense if Cersei had also secured command of the city watch and they'd be used to quell the riots which immediately would have followed. But that would imply decent writing.
Yeah fair enough. She could probably have achieved that through a combination of Qyburn's spy work and the Mountain's muscle, but they skipped over all that in the show.
>>
>Ask for 2 years why everyone is kowtowing to a bunch of idiots in rags when a hundred knights could kill them all
>Get told religion is so important if you killed them the people would revolt
>lel no you can totally just kill them all and in fact you can nuke the giant church in the process and no one cares
>>
>>71344142
Dethroned? Well the trouble is, there's literally nobody else.
>>
>>71344084
Yes. Remember how the Oldtown library didn't allow either women or children? Turns out it's the most expansive, well-kept library in the world. FEMINISTS BTFO
>>
>>71343662
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBe4bm1WFY
I miss Tywin
>>
>>71344084
Fun fact: Cersei and Dany are both based on the same original character (at different times of her life).
>>
File: 1465934943354.gif (836 KB, 286x204) Image search: [Google]
1465934943354.gif
836 KB, 286x204
>>71343662

She still has Qyburn, whose espionage capabilities seem to rival Varys. She also has the reanimated corpse of the strongest man in the country as her slave. Finally she (at least temporarily) has the Lannister army and Jaime.
>>
>>71343662
Jaime's going to kill this bitch and fulfill the witch's prophecy. He's also going to be westeros's best king and queen slayer.
>>
>nukes the church
>there isn't a massive revolt that plunges the city into chaos
Disappointing desu
>>
>>71344229
Yeah dethroned. There's Jaime who is a more competent Lannister and he really slayed the king before Robert. Why isn't he King? This show is just really dumb and the writers are just hacks.
>>
>>71344292
He worships Cersei, if he ended up killing her it would mean he completely snapped.
>>
>>71343770

Literally everyone? Literally?

So, the white walkers, everyone in essos, myr, the free cities, all the dothraki, the mountain clansmen, everyone in the vale, dorne, everyone on tarth....on and on

literally, everyone?

this is how using a fucking trendy word incorrectly makes you look like a 'dumbass'.

it's not cool, it's not hip, it adds no emphasis to your sentences or your unoriginal ideas; nothing.
>>
>>71344346
See >>71344051

There's nothing to base him being king on. The only way he could be would be by taking it from Cersei by force and go full tyrant, but why would he do that? He wants Cersei to be queen.
>>
>>71344354
Well she's just killed another one of her children, you can only forgive that one so many times.
>>
Can someone tell me why Pycelle was killed? was it because that faggot didnt want competition on sucking the queens wiener?
>>
>>71344354
In the books he stopped loving her a while ago and i think the show is catching up to that now
>>
>>71344391
Literally everyone in King's Landing who could be any sort of rival to Cersei you dumbass.
>>
>>71344426
Pycelle was always a cuck, and if you're going to kill that many people, you might as well go one step further.
>>
Well, the Lannister armies basically control the city, so Cersei is pretty much Queen of Kings Landing and the Westerlands (maybe the Crownlands and Stormlands, too, but who even knows what's going on there in the show), not much else.
Don't know how the show will try to convince us next season that Cersei is some kind of threat though, considering that the Reach alone could probably take Kings Landing and put her head in mere weeks realisticly.
>>
>>71344416
That's just shit writing. She literally destroyed everything she touched and killed so many people and destroyed a town. No one revolts. Its seriously shit hack writing.
>>
>>71344420
>>71344435
He still told Edmure just one episode ago how he literally lives for her and cares about nothing else but her. They're "the only two people in the world" to each other.

iirc in the books he's just butthurt that she cucked him, but there isn't even a hint of that in the show.
>>
>>71344435
That's a hard turn after the speech he gave to captive Edmure in the tent.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>71344457
you sure about that anon
>>
Tywin's brother was the final respected member of their family, no? What's this mean for their giant military?
>>
>>71344509
The show makes it clear over and over again they don't care at all about consistency, the showrunners will do whatever they think will get them ratings.
>>
>>71344539
>No one revolts.
We don't know that yet, the show ends on the same day the sept blew up.
>>
>>71344457

Literally not a dumbass because I don't rearrange the meaning of words to pointlessly make my posts seem more interesting.

You're a redundant cunt follower of the new trend 'lemme use literally in a sentence to sound cool'

call me a dumbass again though, the irony makes my dick hard.
>>
>>71344426
I assume the main reason is simply because in the books, Varys was supposed to have already assassinated Pycelle AND Kevan at this point.
>>
>>71344559
butt he also killed king aerys and he said he loved his rulership and him but killed him because he threatened to use wild fire, and cersei actualy used it so what will he do if she threatenes to use it again
>>
>>71344559
It's during exactly the same event but which in the book occurs during book 3 or 4 that Jaime decides he hates his sister, they just took that event and reversed it.
>>
>>71344051
>no official connection to the throne at all
well, he did murder the old king
>>
>>71344615
You're literally retarded. Couldn't you even find a post where "literally" was actually literally used wrong for you to literally sperg out like the literal idiot autist you are?
>>
>>71344065
>dues ex machinama
Don't use words you don't know
>>
She is ruling because the people fear her. Thats all.
>>
He might not stop loving her but if she tries to pull a king aerys when a certain queen rolls through with her dragons...
>>
File: got_s6e10.webm (3 MB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
got_s6e10.webm
3 MB, 1280x716
She looks so much better in her new sith dress tho
>>
>>71344807
If Dany and her horde of chaos start attacking the city with fire-breathing monsters, Cersei will literally be the good guy.
>>
>>71343662
She is the Westeros equivalent of Trump.
>>
>>71344615
Calm down lad, he's a faggot for using literally mindlessly but, on principal, there's nothing wrong with redefining words. Language evolves for the sake of the users' ease of communication.

Don't even think about disagreeing m8, I've had this argument before and I've won every single time.
>>
>Little dove, this is how you go full Darth
>>
>>71344922
>literally calls me a faggot for literally using literally literally correctly
>literally can't even spell principle
>>
>>71344974
I'd rather make a spelling error than be a homosexual.
>>
Are you guys so mad about a woman on the Iton Throne that you are, purposely, ignoring the story and the fact that she was the wife of the King and mother of the last king?
>>
>>71345003
Pick two you literal faggot.
>>
>>71344391

Autism
>>
>>71344903
I'm loving evil boss bitch Cersei so much, I was rooting for her to take out the High Sparrow but I had no idea that she'd take out so many other characters with her.
She's out of kids and she's out of fucks.
>>
Darth Cersei is best character on the show right now desu senpai.
>>
>>71344539
>No one revolts
lol 2 out of the 7 kingdoms revolt against her in the same fucking episode you idiot. Did you want the Queen of Thorns to walk to the Red Keep to tell Cersei that personally because you need it spelled out that explicitly?
>>
>>71343662
I do agree the development is fanfiction-tire, but

>City is full of peasants
>Would like to riot but are afraid another batch of Wildfire would go off because Cersei is fucking insane.
>Other small lords are scared as well, therefor they don't say a word during her coronation.
>Cersei has under he control the only army around that would slaughter the folk of KL.

All the people in KL are hostages and they lost their leader.
>>
>>71343857

Maybe they will next season.
>>
>>71343729
The throne is, technically, rightfully hers. She is the closest blood relative to the last king.
>>
>>71344391
Actually you look like the dumbass for taking a figure of speech way too literally.
>>
>>71345133
and i dont think the north will be too happy being ruled under a family who took part in the red wedding.
>>
>>71345170
That's not how succession works.

But in reality claims to the throne have more to do with what you can get away with rather than who "rightfully" should have it.
>>
>>71344228
There is noone left to incite or lead a revolt. Moreover, the holy orders were a considerable force and could not have been killed by a hundred knights, that's why those orders were outlawed for hundreds of years. The last time they were legal they rivaled the power of the crown, which is why everyone thought Cersei short-sigthed when she allowed to reestablish them.
>>
File: fascinated Frenchman.jpg (27 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
fascinated Frenchman.jpg
27 KB, 300x400
>>71345150
>City is full of peasants
>>
>>71345150

Without the people, there is no income from taxes and tariffs. Even the worst ruler in history would not slaughter more than 25% of their population if they wanted to maintain any sort of position of power.
>>
>>71345098
The King's landing part was the only really interesting part left of the show, so it makes sense.
>>
>>71345220
The North already declared themselves independent. They don't give a fuck about a Church of the 7 in King's Landing being blown up, and the Lannisters aren't going to march their armies to Winterfell at the start of winter. The Iron Throne effectively has no power on the North right now.
>>
>>71345170
Only possessions can be inherited. "Being a king", by virtue of not being a possession, can't be passed down or given, in any meaningful sense of the word.
>>
>>71344354
you do realize he killed the king before for trying to blow up the city, the same shit Cersei just did.
>>
>>71343662
What part of "She fucking killed EVERYONE" did you not understand? Queen is dead, HS is dead, hand of the king is dead, Master of coin, law, ships killed or gone, faith's powerbase and base is dead and gone.

A king or queen is only in power so long as everyone agrees they are. Who's to challenge her claim? She's the mother of the boy king, the cunty king and wife to their father and king.
>>
>>71345277
Pol Pot killed about that percentage of the Cambodian population.

He had these weird events like "Today we kill everyone who wears glasses"
>>
>>71345170
for the 100th time Jaime is the real next in line why are you all so retarded?
>>
>>71345313
Jaime wasn't beating up Aerys' boipucci though
>>
>>71345313
Yeah, some crazy old fart that his entire family was at war with. Not the love of his life and the only person that's real to him.

If you seriously think he's some kind of autistic paladin you haven't been paying attention.
>>
>>71344391
RIP SHAGGA SON OF DOLF NEVER FORGET
>>
>>71345252
Tell us what other lord or lady is there with an army to fight Cersei's Lannister troops + city guards?
>>
>>71344228
On the other hand, you might not want to fuck with the person who blows all her enemies to smithereens on the day they everyone thought she would get her comeuppance. I think she'll rule by fear, at least for a while. Smallfolk know what soldiers can do, and if a bunch of city guards took out the sparrows, the people would probably feel they had the advantage of numbers against regular dudes in armor and go after them. But the mad king is still in living memory by most people living in kings's landing, and he ruled by fear and would use wildfire to do crazy shit all the time. She stepped into his shadow by using it and now I guess nobody wants to fuck with her either.
>>
why cersei killed pycelle i mean wasnt he loyal to her
>>
>>71343662
someone tell me how there still were so many noblemen/women left to attend Cersei's ceremony. didn't they all blow up in the sept?
>>
>>71345324
Claims are only worth anything if people affirm it. The absence of a challenge is not enough. Cersei only has Qyburn and one Kingsguard as an ally. Her rule does not extend further than King's Landing, even if we somehow assume that the people of KL alone will accept her.

Even for the Westerland lords, there's at this point very little reason to throw in their lot with Cersei. They would realistically, immediately recall their levies from Jaime's army (especially after the death of the Freys).

Only retards will defend this episode.
>>
Can someone tell me why Vayrs was in Dorne?
>>
>>71345353
How the fuck does that work?

The next in line would be some Baratheon cousin or something who never appeared on the show.
>>
>>71345427
He was an asshole

She threatened to have him fed to dogs before
>>
Did they show what the piece of paper Margaery handed to the old woman had in it?
>>
>>71345391
That guy was a straight up comic relief character, his whole character was in such stark contrast to the rest of the characters and themes, it was eerie. Is he confirmed for dead?
>>
>>71345419
I agree with your post, just pointing out that peasants don't normally live in a city.
>>
>>71343998

Gregor can kill anyone with impunity.
She, literally, had all of the common people surrounded by either gold cloaks or lannister soldiers when she was crowned.
Few handmaidens would risk their own inevitable death by Bobby Strong just to kill Cersei. Especially since she's visibly capable of such extreme cruelty .
>>
Where were you when the based high sparrow died?
>>
>>71343729
>>71343857
It would be really easy to use the explosion to turn public opinion against the faith, they could sell it as a suicide bombing and attempted coup and win popular support by promising to wipe them out in revenge.

She had Tommen cremated so she can pin his death (as well as Margaery's, who they loved) on them too.
>>
>>71344426
To name Qyburn Grand Maester, the old one has to die. Not that this nomination would be lawful in any way, but Cersei probably promised him that position as a reward, and they have no use for him anyway. Pycelle has no sympathy for Cersei and hates Qyburn, and even though too much of a coward to revolt, he still is a liability. So why risk getting poisoned?
>>
>>71345482
Nah. First scene next year is him crawling to safety, farting all the way
>>
>>71345277
I'm sorry, it seems that you're under the impression that Cersei is going to do a good job now that she's on the throne.

She's fucking insane and will turn into Mad Queen Kill them All, Burn them All rather quickly.

First fuck up: Killing the Tyrells without securing food for the city, in winter of all times. Dany will only get the ashes of KL.
>>
>>71345460
Lannister troops probably joined Cersei after Kevan died.
>>
>>71345478
it had a rose drawn on it. It was to show that Margaery didnt actually believe the shit she was spewing.
>>
>>71345524
I'll permit it.
>>
File: gdfags.png (720 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
gdfags.png
720 KB, 2500x2500
>>71343662
Oh my god pls copy paste this post once and for all.

>The crown in dept to Lannisters insane amount of gold if someone else takes the throne they wont have enough gold for anything. (in books its say around one million gold)
>Lannisters are most powerful army in westerns with most allies so there is no way other houses can claim or fight Cersei.
>>
>>71345454
>My father/mother went to the Sept and died, now I'm head of my House.
>>
>>71345252
>Hey Ralphie, you know Queen Cersei? You know, the most powerful woman in Westeros? She just blew up our church and all our leaders? She commands the Lannister army, city garrison, and Kingsguard? She's in control the the largest and most terrifying man in the world? She's sitting on the Iron Throne right now?
>Yeah, what about her?
>Wanna fuck her up? I've got a spare knife
>Nah I'm good.
>>
>>71344164
>tfw she will never sit on your face
(:_:)
>>
She was just married to the king, she has no claim whatsoever. Not even the lords in court at King's Landing would accept that, it's preposterous. Every vassal lord would rebel, even in the crownlands.
I'm sure they could find anyone with a better claim than "I was married to the king".
>>
>>71345277
That's the entire point of Cersei's arc.

She's fucking insane and wouldn't hold the throne for more than 2 weeks. But having the throne is all she wants regardless of the consequences. Add to that the insanity of losing all her kids and you have the ultimate tyranical ruler.

She does not have anyone, par Jaime, who she cares for anymore. Anybody speaks out against her, calls her brotherfucker, call in Gregor and gut the fucks.

Obviously Jaime will stab her in the back Aerys style.
>>
you can tell that people making these threads live in the first world countries which have had no revolutions/dictators/genocides in the last century

it's almost funny to see how you cannot comprehend the obvious because you take access to information, personal safety and citizen activity for granted
>>
>>71344391
I'm quite sure that there's a lot of characters in kings landing who would be more fit to rule, it's just that the writers aren't skilled enough to introduce new unique characters.
>>
>>71345491
At the rate Cersei is killing people, she wont even have poor people to rule.
>>
>>71345523
Qyburn is Hand of the Queen now, not Grand Maester. I'm pretty sure he's still not even a Maester at all, he wasn't wearing a chain this episode.
>>
>>71344280
They only rival Varys because Qyburn basically picked up Varys' network of "little birds" as soon as Varys was gone, and it still took him a while to do it.
>>
>>71344757

I've yet to be on here where literally was used correctly. the fact that you are now defending it as such, tells me all i need to know.
>>
>>71344559
And Edmure abruptly hands over Riverrun because he knows Jaime will do everything for his sister. Which is strangely exactly what Jaime wanted him to do. He might have been honest, or he might have told him how he used too feel about Cersei to get what he wanted. All Jaime needed is Edmure to believe him he would do anything for Cersei. We don't really know what Jaime really feels imho.
>>
>>71345557
The Lannisters were borrowing gold themselves at this point, they had no more money.
>>
>>71345602
>>71344164
I want to be Dany after she gets defeated by mad Queen Cersei.
>>
>>71345491
>peasants don't normally live in a city.
King's Landing is just Red Keep, Sept of Baelor and tons of slums, markets, whorehouses, eateries, weapon's smiths and tunnels around it. Maybe also some shipyards, where they build the ships.

Tell me seriously, have you seen literally any other location in King's Landing? Any private houses? Residences belonging to KL based nobles? Even merchants? Any public amenities or even a government building of some form?

KL is just a heap of shit.
>>
>>71343729

Gee, I dunno. Everyone is surrounded by gold cloaks/ (maybe) Lannister soldiers, trying to attack Cersei means fighting Gregor, etc. No one is left in KL to oppose her. Who's going to lead the Tyrell army and fight her? They are the only army, presumably, who are near KL who can oppose her. And that's IF Olenna didn't take a large number of them back to Highgarden
>>
>>71344903
Cercei actor: "So uhm... like, should i look sad cuz my son just died or something?"
D&D: "Oh.. well... didn't think about that.. uhh... no u just do taht signature sigh-stare thing like you always do, that will have to work"
>>
>>71343662
everyone else that died died for far less than this.
When did cersei become the writers waifu?
>>
>>71345557
Yo legit question, is there any detailed explanation in the books of how the various houses came to be and what brought about the political climate present at the start of the show? Like did tywin strengthen his house economically by doing clever gold mining shit, was he just born into a superior house, how is stark house even alive if they live in a wintery wasteland? What do they eat? What do they eat during winter?
>>
I think >>71343729 means, why haven't the common people and the nobles in court revolted. The nobles at court have the right especially to be scared since Cersei just killed a many high nobles at once in the sept.
>>71343770
>>71343790
>>
>>71344922

So, be acceptable of others redefining a word you say? You do understand that it's a trendy catch word for the time being and not the point of 'redefining a word'.

So should 'like' be utilized as other forms outside of just a similie?

Like, if i were to, like, type a sentence like this, would you, like, still hold your argument?
>>
So to skip ahead of the meme convo several steps, but I figure despite the debt of the Lanisters they still have a lot of gold.

With most of the leadership of the reach dead only the true loyalists would go back to Olena and their lords. The others would have become sell swords in the sense that Cersei offers them a 30% raise and the free reign of the reach if they help her fuck it up.
Dorne's army even at full strength is actually the second smallest of all kingdoms (the claims around ~50,000, but in actuality closer to half that) and they've got a civil war.

So all things said and done all Cersei just needs to buy enough people with promises of wealth and raiding and pillaging.
>>
>>71345512
that bell smashing into that guy is a nice touch
>>
Circei is an analogy of Hillary Clinton. No one trusts her. No one likes her. Everyone knows she's done some horrible shit but is somehow able to forget it momentarily. Her main claim to the throne is that she used to bang the guy who sat on it earlier. She is a disgraced political figure that feels like she is entitled to the the throne despite all her fuckups.
>>
>>71345715
its either bad acting, or Cersei lost her marbles when her son betrayed her.
>>
>>71345512
Someone should start a new religion, that of the Green God. Fuck that raunchy red god cunt, with "look into my flames and damage your eyesight" bullshit.

Imagine all the literal retards who will light the stove, candle or fireplace up and stare into it trying to imitate Melisandre.
>>
>>71345603
>She was just married to the king, she has no claim whatsoever.
>I'm sure they could find anyone with a better claim than "I was married to the king".
"Claims" don't work that way. The only claims that matter are the ones you can back up. Are you going to be the guy that walks up to Queen Cersei on her throne and say "actually, the second cousin of Robert Baratheon technically holds a better claim to oh wait my legs don't break those".
>Not even the lords in court at King's Landing would accept that, it's preposterous
Name one.
>>
File: 1401694250138.png (13 KB, 528x424) Image search: [Google]
1401694250138.png
13 KB, 528x424
>yfw we didn't see ANY bodies from the Sept explosion
Lady Stonesmirk confirmed
>>
>>71344922

Besides, your argument comes from verbal conversation and ease of communication. Like when nigs use 'axe' instead of 'ask'.

Moving verbal to written down conversation, shit changes a great deal my friend. This isn't ease of conversation of using acronyms like LOL or ROFL, this is straight trend-setting misuse. Plain and simple.
>>
>>71345733
Tywin's father was a weak loser and Tywin turned it around, although it was always rich thanks to gold mines. Northerners stock food for the winter, like everyone else really.
>>
>>71345055

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>71344144
Nah, Dany and her armies will invade the city, Cersei will tell Qyburn to light up the remaining caches of wildfire around King's Landing by saying "burn them all" and Jaime will kill her.
>>
>>71345636
Seriously, monarchies in medieval countries don't work like 21st century UK where everyone's aware of the exact line of succession and it doesn't really matter who sits on the throne.
>>
File: file.png (342 KB, 1367x805) Image search: [Google]
file.png
342 KB, 1367x805
>tfw even a little girl is more courageous than these disgusting, bigoted old white males

Truly D&D have blessed us with these strong female characters. Vote Remain.
>>
>>71344335
there might be.. sht was still smoking at the end of ep10 give it time asswipe
>>
>>71345734
What revolt do you expect to happen on the day the sept blew up? Random noble tries to take on the Mountain?
>>
>>71345482

nah its just the guy said about the mountain clansmen being dead and i got scared for my boy shagga
>>
>>71345041

white trend illiterate nigger
>>
>>71344391
What are you trying to prove? That you're 'literally' a pedantic faggot?
>>
File: Drogon Vs Nights king.png (2 MB, 736x1421) Image search: [Google]
Drogon Vs Nights king.png
2 MB, 736x1421
Acording two theiz leakd piks, seson 7 wil bee lit
>>
>>71345734
>The nobles at court have the right especially to be scared since Cersei just killed a many high nobles at once in the sept.
That sounds like a great reason to not fuck with Cersei right now.
>>
>>71345644
Lord Arryn... no, wait. He died at the very beggining.

Lord Stark... Nope, Cersei wanted him out and ended dead because she gave the crown to her demon son.

Well, Tyrion... Ah, no. According to Cersei, he's guilty for her son's murder. He did kill his father and went on the run, he's with Dany now.

Tywin... oh shit.

Kevan... blown to heaven.

Taking out Lord Arryn and Tywin, Cersei has been meddling with all the capable rulers.
>>
>>71345213

saying everyone in kings landing would be figurative.

if you place literally in front of it it removes the figurative connotation from the sentence altogether, THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM IN AND OF ITSELF YOU FUCKING MINDLESS PIECE OF SHIT, WOW
>>
>>71345840
Stop spamming that already, it's the worst writing idea I've ever heard.
>>
>>71345734
>The nobles at court have the right especially to be scared since Cersei just killed a many high nobles at once in the sept.
How would they know who's responsible, all the witnesses were vaporised, she could just as easily blame the high sparrow and say it was an attempted coup.
>>
>>71345860
Which is quite amazing because unless Jaime and Varys really teleported instead of a long time passing between scenes, King's Landing has been burning for months.
>>
>>71345715
She didnt know her son died during that scene, she thought he was safe in his room.
>>
> everybody love the high sparrow and faith militant
Ex fuckingcuse me? Perheps the beggars and homeless and starving hobos, but everyone?
They forbade alcohol consumption, sexual liberty and prostitution in the beginning of their rule in s5. Just for that you could have that 43% of the city was mad pissed about them.
People follow religions for many reaaons, but apart from muslims you won't find many societies in history that supported dictatorships that tried to banish earthly pleasures.
People only endured it because they were alienated or lacked choice.
>>
>>71345353
He wasn't married to the last King before their heirs all kicked the bucket.
>>
>>71343662
Cersei is clearly completely mad.
Therefore she must be a Targaryan.
So she has a legitimate claim to the throne.
>>
>>71345842
Actually it's the other way around. Medieval monarchies had a very strong emphasis on legitimacy, and on who was a rightful claimant. Random tyrants taking over based on force and force alone is something that happens in late stages of civilisation, when the spiritual and moral fiber has already mostly decayed.
>>
>>71345925
"Literal" is now a figure of speech. It's used to express exaggeration and hyperbole. As in, you're being a literal faggot right now.
This is the way people use that word now. It's even in dictionaries. The whole point of language is to communicate with each other which means that you're the one in the wrong here.
>>
>>71345512
Why do people like the fucking high sparrow? I couldn't stand that old faggot. Reminds me way too much of Hernie Flanders
>>
>>71345928
Still better than fast travel as a plot device.
>>
Yep Cersei is fucked. Destroyed all her allies. The north and soon South(with Dany) are coming after her. She has zero supporters except the Freys who cant even hold a castle, not to mention all the heads are dead now. It should take next to no effort to conquer her.

Although it's D&D so I'm sure they will give her some plot armor just like Ramsay.
>>
File: BBQ.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
BBQ.gif
1 MB, 260x260
the feeling i got was "o shit we're near the end of series, quick, kill off the characters we don't need!" tbqh familia
>>
>your son suicided
>oh well, I guess it was foretold to happen so whatever the fuck
>give me the crown

cold bitch award goes to Cersei, along with D&D getting the top tier writing award
>>
>>71345734
anon, are you saying all lannister women are terrorists who blow things up? that's islamophobic!
>>
>>71345461
Do you really mean "why" or "how"? Because if it's the former: The sole reason he appears in the scene is to tell you why he's there- to gather support for Dany, who will deliver justice for Dorne and the Reach by fire and blood.
If your question was "how", he naturally used the transportation device native to Westeros, frequently used by Littlefinger and the Knights of the Vale.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS-gbqbVd8c
Kino?
>>
>>71345943
Why do so many people have so much trouble with time? There's nothing that says anything like that.
>>
>>71345852
But by making Jon KINGINDANORTH she basically voted Leave.
>>
>>71346011
Her and Tyrion are literally children ofthe mad king. Only Jaime is Tywin's true son. He's an even bigger cuckold than Robert.
>>
>>71345512
Someone needs to make an >implying edit of this where the bell hits a guy with a big (You) on him.
>>
>>71346106
I imagine it gets pretty stale after a while, she probably made peace with it a long time ago.
>>
>>71346088
Cersei has the opposite of plot armor. She's been prophesied to die ever since the beginning. Which means that she'll make it close to the end of the series before getting her comeuppance, but there's no way she's making it out of this show alive.
>>
>>71346083
There is no fast travel, the show just isn't filled with useless scenes of every character traveling because you're expected to have enough brains and imagination to figure out if he goes from one place to another it means he traveled.
>>
>>71346057

Alright, so if I call a cat (the animal) a nigger, or use 'rainbow' instead of car, eventually if enough people do the same we'll be able to implement those definitions into the dictionary?

we should just make every word mean everything so we can type like this;

blue beach sand fascinating pound tree and, right squirrel above bed is it want
>>
>>71343662
It all comes down to
>muh feminism
>>
>>71345557
>implying the Lannisters have a great many allies
>implying their singular force stands any chance against Tyrell+Arrin+Stark+Sand+Greyjoy even without the added benefit of the dumb cunt and her boats
You have got to be some kind of fucking idiot to believe this.
>>
>>71346123
>piano music which totally doesn't fit the medieval setting

>>71346146
Nah, the Starks represent the EU. Only old white cis men vote Leave for petty personal reasons until the brave youth of the UK made them realize their mistake.
>>
>>71344084
Yes, I think Dany's robust sex drive will turn out to be a flaw eventually, too.
>>
>>71343998
Nigger, Jamie was there for her corronation! Did you even watch the fucking show?
>>
>>71346069
I don't know who Hernie Flanders is but the high sparrow is basically Pope Francis.
>>
>>71344903
>hfw you drop your trousers in front of her
>>
>>71346190
>A character can't die until the very end when certain checkpoints of her "prophesy" have been fulfilled
>Keeping someone alive because the plot demands it
>The literal definition of plot armor
End yourself.
>>
>>71346057

Btw, if literal is now a 'figure of speech', wouldn't the word cancel itself out? So what would be the point in using it in the first place?

Keep trying though, i'm going to enjoy you tripping over your own feet the more you respond to this argument in hopes of being the lib fag of vocabulary your'e trying so hard to accomplish.
>>
>>71346260
No, I was writing that while I was watching. I didn't account for teleportation.
>>
I find it funny that Arya fucked up Meryn Trant so much (seemingly because he's a confirmed pedo, makes sense) but ol' Walder only got a red smile on his neck.

One killed her fencing instructor and was a dick to many people, the other single-handed butchered her mother, brother and all of their allies. I feel like they should've reversed this.
>>
>>71346284
Pope Francis is a communist, that's not a flattering comparison
>>
>>71346238
>so if I call a cat (the animal) a nigger, or use 'rainbow' instead of car, eventually if enough people do the same we'll be able to implement those definitions into the dictionary?
Yes, that's correct. That's how language works.

If you think that's crazy you should read about this Shakespeare guy. He made up tons of words that became real words because people used them to communicate.
>>
>>71345648
Didn't notice he was named hand of the king. Well, in this case it's probably just the eliminating hostile insiders-thingy. And you#re right, Qyburn is not a Maester, he was kicked out of the Citadel for practicing black magic, that's why he and Pyelle hated each other so fiercely - Pycelle looked down on Qyburn and he in turn despised what Pycelle embodied as the highest of Maesters. Thinking of it, Qyburn could have just killed him for that reason, too.
>>
>>71346323
Did you miss the part about how she made him eat his sons?
>>
Since the baratheon line is wiped out, technically the next heirs are the lannisters, specifically Jaime, as they have targaryen ancestry.
>>
>>71343662
Has everyone already forgotten Varys' speech about the nature of power?
She holds the throne because everybody believes she has the power to keep it. If the whole city would suddenly rise up against her she'd be screwed, but nobody does because everyone thinks they are alone/too few with that intention.

She rules through fear. Not for long, most likely, but for the moment she has won.
>>
>>71345460
You are mistaking things. You are speaking as if cersei new rule was legitimate or bound to succeed.
It's not. It will fail and she will take down as many people with her as she can. Her claim is not legitimate at all, simce the male lineages is what counts so far. But what else do they have? Who will step forward and face mountain and the possibility of another hiroshima Nagasaki to tell her she doesn't belong on the iron throne?
She's not the rightful queen,nor a good one. She's the one they've got. That's all.
Rejoice. This episode showed no more than 5 minutes of cersei reign. In 3 episodes no more, things will burn to the ground once more. The mad King's will shall forthcome after all.
>>
>>71346394
They do?
>>
How did Varys get back to Dany in time to set sail? Wasn't he just in Dorne earlier?.

Ard Dorne and Dany in league now?
>>
File: 1467009980521.jpg (150 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
1467009980521.jpg
150 KB, 1012x675
>>71343662
>"woow it would be so cool if cersei blew up every1 and became queen :PP"
The church thing had to be destroyed.
And the patriarchal High Sparrow and his religious goons had to be destroyed too.
Melisandre had to be humiliated and banished.
Davos had to get in a couple of jabs about how religious witch-burning and sacrifices are bad bad.

Don't forget who the target audience for this TV series is. This is the kind of stuff they want to see at the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1024x1024
>Cersei blows up sept
>claims terrorist cult blew themselves up
>ignorant as fuck peasants eat it up and demand a crusade against the cult
>Cersei invades foreign lands

Worked for the Bush admin.
>>
>>71346323
She fed him a girl pie.

It was a different kind of suffering, but just as painful.
>>
>>71346386
Oh. I guess it would have more impact if they weren't bumbling, incompetent, and inhumane fucks.
>>
>>71346362
Pope Francis is too dumb and uncultured even to be an actual Marxist, his politics are teenaged girl leftist tier.
>>
>>71343954
Cuz kingslaying
>>
>>71346443
Leave
>>
>>71346432
Yeah, some guy on the asoif subreddit worked it out
>>
>>71346298
Her prophesy has come true right up to the "your little brother is doing to kill you" part. She had plot armor when her kids were alive, now she has two little brothers that want her dead and a target on her back.
>>
>>71346441
Shouldn't you be on your knees at church right now?
>>
I mean it's pretty obvious that they wanted to severely weaken KL for Dany's arrival to Westeros but holy shit is this such a shitty way to do so. Cersei's main motivation is her family then Jamie. Why the fuck would she do anything to jeopardize them? What sucks is that the KL plot line was actually decent with the Sparrow being an interesting character with a good actor and the numerous directions they could've taken the characters after the trial of Loras. The show has now devolved to an even worse, edgier post-Red Wedding world. Also holy fucking shit was that Tommen death scene horrible. The director seems like he's fresh out of film school and learned all these new cinematography tricks.
>>
>>71346307
>if literal is now a 'figure of speech', wouldn't the word cancel itself out?
No. What?
When you say "literally" in the non-literal sense you're using it to exaggerate or emphasize something.

>i'm going to enjoy you tripping over your own feet the more you respond to this argument in hopes of being the lib fag of vocabulary your'e trying so hard to accomplish.
I don't even understand what you're saying. Ironically enough people using "literal" incorrectly have clearer messages than you, which makes you worse at communicating that people who supposedly can't even use words correctly. And you misspelled "your'e". Not that I personally care, but you're obviously very anal about this sort of thing.
>>
>>71344903
I would definitely hate fuck her
>>
>>71346370

Did shakespeare completely reverse the meaning of a word in an attempt to sound trendy and then that caught on as an acceptable thing? Was he just kicking it with his homies one day after university while they were fiddling with their smart-quills and new ink jars and decided to sound like a 13 year old twat-waffle?

Come on man, if Shakespeare is your wild card, sit the fuck down. We're not even talking about 'made up words' and you're just grabbing at straws at this point.
>>
>>71346481
You misspelled DELETE THIS
>>
>>71343770

>Because literally everyone is dead you dumbasses.

1% of city gets bombed

>literally everyone is dead

'murricans
>>
>>71345651
I don't know whether they just wanted to show us that the little bird exist, or wether they wanted to show us that Qyburn is using them very badly, because under Varys they basically were invisible, used secret passages and were mute, whereas Qyburn has them running about in plain sight.
>>
File: 1463774243427.png (486 KB, 1005x827) Image search: [Google]
1463774243427.png
486 KB, 1005x827
>>71346456
>Speaks 5 languages
>Degree in Chemistry
>Writes treatises in Latin
>"hurrr durrr he too uncultured"
>>
>>71346436
Fuck's sake, the scene in Dorne might have happened a month earlier, or the ships setting sail a month later, THE SHOW ISN'T HAPPENING IN REAL TIME YOU STUPID FUCKS GOD DAMN

And yes Dany got the support of Dorne and of the Reach.
>>
>>71344903
I want her to sit on my face.
>>
>>71346394
Heirs to what? Is Storm's End even a real place in the show?
>>
>>71346298
Cersei's plot armour was that she left the security of the fucking castle. She went to Winterfell on the first season, but that was a safe trip. Then when the riot happened, but she was protected by the guards. She pushed her hand to far with the HS and that's why she was taken in and the forced to walk naked back to the Red Keep.

A couple of more outings and I'm sure some other little brother would kill her,
>>
>Cersei prophesied as being killed by Jaime
>She's queen now
>He's a reluctant kingslayer

Is this poetry?
>>
>>71346612
the throne (if you discount danaerys)
>>
>>71345840
Nah Cersie will blow up the city when the smallfolk rebel because of winter. Kingslanding will explode and Dany will only see the remnants
>>
>>71343729

Why did no one object uk leaving eu?
>>
>>71346592
He most certainly does not have a degree in chemistry, and as far as I know he only speaks Spanish and some Italian and English.

He's an idiot who spends his time talking about things he doesn't know shit about.
>>
>>71343833
Jamie's not a dwarf lol
>>
>>71345682
I think anon is playing on the fact that you are idiotic calling all poor city dwellers/common people "peasants" just because the people live in poverty or aren't nobles. Peasants is a really specific term. Peasants/serfs only work on the manors of their lords. That's just anon being slightly autistic and a /his/ fag tho
>>
File: image.gif (338 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
338 KB, 500x379
>>71346570
>no one will fall for Cersei's bullshit
>fall for Bush's bullshit

'Murricans
>>
>>71346564
A twat-waffle? Why are you calling Shakespeare a vaginal breakfast item? I don't understand because I'm autistic and am unable to interpret basic social interactions.
>>
I thought it was a bit weird that the sparrows were allowed to stop people from exiting the church. I mean, the hand of the king and the others are noblemen. Sure, it's a house of god and all that jazz, but forcing nobility like that to stay inside when they want to leave is just bullshit.
>>
>>71346594

So how does Westeros stand a chance against Danys' might? Probably just Dorne could overtake KL now, all that's left is the Lannister army?
>>
>>71344903
>tfw she will never cuck me
>>
>>71346527
>And you misspelled "your'e".
>which makes you worse at communicating that people who supposedly can't even use words correctly.

I think you meant to say 'than' not 'that', not that I personally care, but if we're going to use that as a means of getting points....

Look, you said it yourself. 'When you say literally in the non-literal sense"

That's what I meant, it cancels itself out, so why use it at all? Trust me, I get where you're going with this, but you realize you're defending a massive audience of try-hards that feel the needs to make every other sentence that comes out of their mouth exaggerated or important. So, in a sense, the word quite 'literally' becomes redundant (cwutididther?)

And it is, just as redundant as when people used the word 'like' 4-5 times in a sentence without the intention of injecting a simile within a sentence.

It's just fucking stupid man.
>>
>>71346612
Stannis mentions the siege so yes.
>>
>>71346069
You're viewing everything too much in the lens of politics, anon. I don't think you actually hate HS but as much as you hate what he reminds you of.
>>
>>71346739
Yeah pretty much.

Westeros will be completely overwhelmed, Dany's invasion will be Sauron tier.
>>
>>71346739
They're going to take it quite easily. However Cersei will have Jaime ignite ALL of the wildfyre under Kings Landing after Dany and her army has secured the city, taking them all out with her, leaving pretty much just the forces of the North to take on the Walkers.
>>
>>71346716
>I think anon is playing on the fact that you are idiotic calling all poor city dwellers/common people "peasants" just because the people live in poverty or aren't nobles. Peasants is a really specific term. Peasants/serfs only work on the manors of their lords.
I wasn't aware of this distinction. What would you call all the poor/homeless/dressed in rags extras that are always lining the streets?

I mean you never see any lower middle class looking people in crowd shots either. (I may be mistaken, but I certainly don't recall seeing them.)
>>
>>71346739
Don't forget Euron. He's going to have a huge fleet and is going to cause a lot of trouble for Dany's forces. I figure that they'll beat him but won't arrive in Westeros as strong as they are now.
>>
>>71346362
Fuck you capitalist lackey, serving mammon above all else won't bring you anything but self-destruction eventually.
>>
File: 3.jpg (560 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
560 KB, 1800x1200
I think the common folk would be GLAD the fuckin' High Sparrow and his rule is dead. It was like living in modern Iran for the poor. They -had- to go along with the religious mob, sure it may have been exhilarating at first, but they were probably getting bored with it. Too straitlaced a religion for a cosmopolitan area like King's Landing.
>>
>>71346795
>Look, you said it yourself. 'When you say literally in the non-literal sense"
>That's what I meant, it cancels itself out, so why use it at all?
To exaggerate or emphasize something.
>>
File: The Norf Remembers.jpg (11 KB, 307x354) Image search: [Google]
The Norf Remembers.jpg
11 KB, 307x354
>Jamie splits with Cersei after a confrontation on what she's done, makes plans to start leaving for Casterly Rock
>Before he can leaves Dany lands and starts the siege of KL
>Jaime and Cersei learn that Tyrion is with Dany
>Dany's army is blowing the fuck out of Cersei's
>Cersei pulls an Aerys
>Jaime chokes her to death

It will be like pottery my friends
>>
If the show ends with Dany in the Iron Throne I'll riot
>>
>>71346711
That guy bought into the Chemistry Degree meme, but the fucker does speak conversationally in more languages than those, and he does have a fair amount of chemistry experience from a time when apprenticing was more common for low class people than college education (this was so long ago he probably doesn't remember anything about anything related to chemistry though).
>>
>>71346863
Communism killed more people than even disease in the 20th century. If anything is the hand of death and the devil it is indeed communism.
>>
How does 5ft woman kill 2 grown men? Tell me
>>
>>71346847
Non-nobles would be called commoners. Poor commoners in the city would be called paupers.
>>
>>71346893
>>Jaime chokes her to death
Poor Jaime, the suffering is too much.
>>
File: 1.jpg (346 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
346 KB, 1280x716
>>71346515
Did I forget about the crazy king who become too closely tied to the religious cult?

Yes he of course had to be off' too.
>>
>>71345863
>>71345913
>>71345929
I didn't say anon's point was 100% valid, I'm just interpreting here. I mean it's a good point that she can blame it on HS to hide her involvement but this is Cersei we are talking about. The same one who gave an assassin an expensive dagger to kill a kid?
>>
File: 1310419656875.jpg (7 KB, 355x397) Image search: [Google]
1310419656875.jpg
7 KB, 355x397
>>71343948
>medium sparrows
>>
>>71343662
I think everyone knows she'll be a very unpopular Queen anon.

Overthrowing a monarch is not easy though, look how long the Mad King ruled and KL people never rose up against him it was Robert and then his own kings guard who killed him. You can be sure he was unpopular with the people though but that doesn't just = peasants revolt on the spot.

She has tons of armed guards and soldiers and you gotta understand this is medieval times so the common people are pretty dumb. They're taught to respect/fear their monarch I mean people give Jamie shit for killing the Mad King even though he was a tyrant just because "he was your king!". For many of these people the thought of revolting against the crown is probably too much and even they were gonna do it it'll take time and planning if they hope to succeed.
>>
>>71346795
>I think you meant to say 'than' not 'that', not that I personally care, but if we're going to use that as a means of getting points
How did you understand what I said even though my grammar wasn't 100% accurate? I thought that words had to always be interpreted with their literal meaning.
>>
>>71346921
He doesn't even speak French or German, that's absolute pleb tier.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.