[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone answer these questions so I can sleep? >Why was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8
Can someone answer these questions so I can sleep?

>Why was the wildfire only under the Sept
>Why didn't it catch everything surrounding it
>Why did it burn orange
>Why is Cersei the Queen now
>What's left for this show

Dany has an unbeatable army, Cersie has nothing. They won't find a clever way to give her some leverage either. You don't build up an entire arc around the power of a clever clergyman and his influence and just end it in a convenient explosion where every virtual consequence just disappears for some reason and the bad guy just gets their way because #GoT AND do anything clever.

Fuck.
>>
>>71316949

It's been there for a long ass time, read the books faggot

>everything else

Shitty writing
>>
>>71317035
I thought they said it was scattered throughout the entire city. What good was it for the Mad King to only have it under the Sept?
>>
What bugs me is why the sparrow, who had been able to thwart every one of Cersei's plans, not detain her before the trial and do something about Qyburn knowing he was able to operate her plans behind the scenes? I mean the guy fucking resurrected a zombie, isn't there some ancient rule he can pluck out of the Quran or whatever to sentence him to death with?
>>
>>71316949
There's going to be no war for the Throne. The war is against the walkers.
>>
Usually the complaints about teleporting piss me off because usually its easily explained simply by the fact that not all timelines are shown being played out at the same time. But this episode Varys fucking teleported.
>>
>>71317144
He's been portrayed as a forethinker and political mastermind with 0 flaws since he was introduced. All of a sudden he conveniently underestimates Cersei, and BOOM, she's on top for some reason.
>>
>>71317124

I think he did have it all under the city but not in a big connected network necessarily. Pretty sure it was stored in pockets but under the Sept a previous king purposely put a bunch of wildfire for some kind of religious/anti-religious reason
>>
>>71317124
I don't believe he had it underground for the purpose of using it as a bomb. It was simply stored there.
>>
>>71317196
Then what's the point of setting up Cersie as queen and keeping Dorne/Tyrrell relevant if it's just about the walkers from this point?
>>
>>71317361

I mean, who would have suspected that?
>>
>>71317483
Maybe Cersei not showing up to her trial might've been a tip off :)
>>
>>71317416
In the books Jaime says that the mad king stored wildfire all over the city because he was paranoid about his enemies being everywhere. Maybe there is more throughout the city that wasn't close enough to catch fire with the sept, or maybe they decided to diverge from the book some on that. Who really cares
>>
Because Aerys. Did you not pay attention the 89 times they shoved it down your throat this season.
Why would it? It was an explosion deep underground that affected the one building over it.
>Why did it burn orange
Looked green to me
Who is there to argue against her? She's the only person left in KL who has had any connection to the throne at this point. The recognised Baratheon line is wiped out
Season 7 and 8
>>
Tyrion and Jaime have blatantly said that Aerys had caches placed everywhere, Jaime literally says "beneath the sept" in the s3 bath scene

It did

>Why did it burn orange
It has some orange in the blackwater too.

She's second in line after Jaime and there's no one there to challenge her claim. She's despised and everyone will slowly defect from her until she is killed by Jaime.

Daenarys is heading for Casterly Rock, not King's Landing. She'll have to face Euron along the way - Euron has 1000 ships and will put a major dent in her navy and possibly kill a dragon. Before this, he will have taken Oldtown. I don't see it to be extremely far fetched that Euron will decimate Daenarys and leave her without an army or a fleet.

The wall is destroyed by three potential methods:
1. Bran crosses it with the mark (this would be stupid)
2. It literally just gets destroyed by the white walkers
3. Sam leaves the Horn of Joramun in the Citadel when he flees during the siege. Euron blows the horn.

More of King's Landing burns. Cersei does what Aerys couldn't do, and Jaime kills her. Daenarys will arrive in a frozen ruin, as seen in the House of the Undying.

Jon is king in the end.
>>
>>71316949

Its all over Kings Landing. Tyrion even reminded us this last episode. Theres a lot more where that comes from

Because the caches are separated underground by tunnels.Explosions and fire travel upward, thus the Sept above it caught on fire, while the other caches were protected underground.

>Why did it burn orange
Looked green to me. Might have missed the orange, but fire is literally orange.

Literally no one else to take the throne I guess.

Euron
Nights King
Gendry
Brotherhood
Cleganebowl
>>
>>71317542

And it obviously tipped him off to something, but he didn't know what until the rumbling.
>>
Also
>Child manages to severe a spine with one quick jab
>Trained Assassin stabs Arya in stomach a dozen times, she's completely healed within a few days.

ALSO

Did Arya manage to steal some faces before she left, or is that like something she can just do whenever now?
>>
>>71316949
Dany the Iron dyke and Cerci will all dyke it out so they don't have to fight and form so sort of dyke we don't need no man government
>>
>>71317577

Most likely they had been working to move all the wild fire underneath the sept. They had been planning this all season.
>>
>>71316949
Cersei is the queen, presumably Euron will try to shack up with her after either being turned down by Dany or realizing that his family sided with her, so Cersei will have her own armada roughly the same size as Dany's
>>
>>71317722
Yeah that first one is shitty writing.

And I can imagine she would have stocked up before setting off. It would be a practical move.
>>
Only the wildfire burns green, other stuff that burns from the heat burns normal
>>
>>71317542

Even Smirkfu knew what was up. Dumbshit zealots kept her there.
>>
>>71317631
>second in line after Jaime
Wrong. Claims don't come from the wife of the king's line. You'd have to back through Robert's ancestry. His closest living relatives are Jon Snow & Dany. Assuming Rhaegar & Lyanna were married, Jon is claimant from both the old king's line & the usurper's line.
>>
>>71317768
>>71316949
I just assumed they purposely moved it all under the Sept to btfo everyone.. The lighting of it wasnt by accident and she wasn't going to risk herself.
>>
>>71317483
Yeah nobody would expect the entire faith to be Akbar
>>
>>71317663
I was under the impression the wildfire was kept throughout the city because The Mad King planned to destroy everything in the event of a revolt.

Also, I thought Wildfire was supposed to spread and burn almost uncontrollably. Like a... wildfire.

Also, after the initial explosion the shots of the scene were all burning orange.

And I guess you're right about Cersie, it just seems extremely convenient.
>>
>>71317971
How is Bobby related to jon
>>
>>71317971

Where do the Baratheon and Targaryen bloodlines intersect?
>>
File: 1438651339992.png (3 MB, 1246x1600) Image search: [Google]
1438651339992.png
3 MB, 1246x1600
>Cersi is the bad guy
I love this meme

All she wants is to love her children and fuck her brother in peace
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>71318237
Bobby's grandma was a Targ, Aegon V (Egg)'s daughter
>>
>>71318346

Oh shit, that's right. I had forgotten after how much Robert hated the Targs.
>>
>>71318301
probably the scorched-earth, burn and kill anyone who's in her way approach to that list.

Though I don't think she's the "bad guy". Everyone's got their reasons, the only true evil so far is still the White Walkers.
>>
>>71317971
No one knows about Jon though. Gendry is the best chance if he announces himself.

I sad Margery ded
>>
>>71318507
>>71318507
Pretty much this.

The whole fucking debacle started because she threw Bran off a tower because the world gives so much of a fuck about incest.

Alright /tv/. Your dream s7 lets go.

>Cersei plays 4D chess (with Euron) and Dany finally gets wrecked for once
>Magical Adventures with Sam and the Maesters
>Gendry
>White Walkers
>Ends with Jon + [X] on the throne?
>>
>>71317482
easy and fast targaryen conquest and fast end to the human antagonists: cersei and euron.
>>
>>71318717
there's almost guaranteed to be 2 more seasons. s7 is only 7 episodes long, so i assume that'll deal primarily with the dany/cersei conflict
>>
>>71318237
>>71318286

Showfags, everyone.
>>
>I was under the impression the wildfire was kept throughout the city because The Mad King planned to destroy everything in the event of a revolt.

Thats the plan, but keep in mind Aerys had several pyromancers ready to ignite them before Jamie killed them all. Its probably not a straight chain, just lots of it in key locations.
>>
Cersei is goddamn terrifying. I really dislike her but goddamn was the beginning of the finale fucking awesome.
>>
>>71319190
Aren't we on a board for television shows and movies, and discussing a television show right this moment you fucking sponge
>>
>>71319559

Discussing a show requires having knowledge of the plot contained therein. If you don't even know what the history behind the world of the show is how could you possibly hope to fucking discuss it?
>>
File: 1436045892192.png (31 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
1436045892192.png
31 KB, 298x279
>>71319455
I want her to sit on my face tbqh
>>
>>71319455
Queenslayer when???
>>
>>71317877
What are dragons
>>
>>71319773
Jamie will kill her next season. He will be named king in her stead, since he is pretty much the only person left in the family tree with a claim and no longer part of the Kingsguard. He will want no piece of the crown and give it up to Dany once she arrives.
>>
>>71317542

Did you not see the scene where they tried to arrest her in e8?
>>
>>71319990
Big, flying, fire-breathing monsters

but that's not important right now
>>
>>71316949
When was it orange? It was green the whole time, do you need to get your eyse checked?
>>
>>71317580
>Why was the wildfire
>Because Aerys

this is true

>only under the Sept
learn to read the whole sentence. That shit was all over the bottom of KL
>>
>>71319647
same
>>
>>71320034
I totally see this happening. It'll be a repeat of Bobby's Rebellion.
>Jaime sitting on throne with slain Cersei at his feet
>Jon walks in after storming KL
>"I was only keeping it warm for our friend Daenarys"
>Dany Crowned
Pottery
>>
>retard mad that the show didn't reward the high sparrow

cersei outplayed him, just like d&d mentally outplayed you little baby rager
>>
>>71317035
>>71317124

The Mad King's wildfire still being there brings up another enormous plothole. Why is it still there?

At least Jaimie knew about it because he told Brienne about the caches planted under the city but if he knew then why didn't they ever have it removed under Robert's rule? (It also would've helped Jamie's case a lot).
>>
>>71320414
There is no safe way to dispose of it.
It's extremely volatile, doesn't even need fire to go off. It's kept under lock and key undisturbed.
>>
>>71318286

LUL!!! it all makes sense now
>>
>>71317631
wish i didn't read this. Feels like i spoiled the show ;0
>>
>>71320414
>The Mad King's wildfire still being there brings up another enormous plothole. Why is it still there?

That's not a plothole.
>>
File: WTF_DUDE.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1251) Image search: [Google]
WTF_DUDE.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1251
>>71316949
Wtf with Varys in S6 E10... he had a private jet?
>>
>>71320414

>The Mad King's wildfire still being there brings up another enormous plothole.

Along with the dildo in another post asking where the Baratheon and Targaeryan bloodline cross, finally the showfags and shitposters reveal their true idiocy.
>>
>>71321818
Obviously Westeros is actually flat.
>>
>>71321818
Only logical explanation is that there are actually TWO fucking Varys.
>>
>>71317722
she probably killed the hot server girl and took her face.
>>
>>71321818
My wife's son and I decided that they must have already hit up Sunspear for reinforcements and met up with Varys. Apparently there were some sun flags in the boats.
>>
I cant wait for Cersei to die

She has no one loyal to her outside the mountain and her brother. Once the mountain dies during Cleganbowl she will be practically defenseless. Cersei is the entitled feminist bitch that got everything she had through everyone else's hard work she got everything because of her name and deserves nothing that she has. She will die and it needs to be in the most brutal way possible
>>
>>71316949
>>Why was the wildfire only under the Sept
It was all over KL. They only blew up the ones under the Sept of Balor
>>Why didn't it catch everything surrounding it
It burned all the other wildfires in the room. The tunnels don't lead to the other wildfires I suppose.
>>Why did it burn orange
The only orange I saw was from the candle
>>Why is Cersei the Queen now
No more known heir to the throne
>>What's left for this show
>Dany to take over King's Landing
>Jon finding out about R + l = J
>Wights and White Walkers entering Westeros.
>Something for Arya and Bran meeting Jon maybe?
>Jaime killing Cersei
>Dany and Jon killing the White Walkers

>Dany has an unbeatable army
The Night King can bring dead Wights back to life you know.
>Cersie has nothing
She'll die
>>
>>71319455
Shes a cunt. And the writers can't decide if she is retarded or a cunning mastermind. I hope she dies horrifically next season.
>>
File: 1457567632890.jpg (65 KB, 418x279) Image search: [Google]
1457567632890.jpg
65 KB, 418x279
>>71316949
Fuck if I know.

The mad king who had an heir, an army, loyalty from all houses and was a legit targaryan burns two starks and the entire kingdom goes to war fucking up everything.

This lannister bitch, who has been accused of incest, adultery and murdering her husband and king, who has no heir (after it at least), no claim to the throne, no army except for some guards, and is hated by literally everyone, goes crazy and blows up the sept of baelor, killing the queen, the lord and heirs of highgarden, the only lanister that's probably not hated, like a hundred of people including nobles, commoners, septons/tas and the most important and popular leader of the faith of the seven, while pretty much admiting her crimes and disdain for the gods and they expect me to believe that the entire city is not in complete state of chaos and panic and people are not fleeing in fear of more wildfire from this lunatic, or that poor commoners, fanatics, religious lords and houses whose's members just died are not in open revolt, and the reach army is not marching to take over king's landing from this bitch and fucking murder her?

They were all like "fine geez u can be the queen cuz you have a tall zombie and some creepy adviser that controls kids with knifes, just don't blow up more things agian k?".

For real? The commoners revolted for much less when they ate that pope and not even the lannisters have a reson to support her since she just killed kevan and tommen.

What the hell is this shit?
>>
>>71325435
Its pretty retarded. I don't think she even has an army.
>>
>>71316949
>>Why was the wildfire only under the Sept

It's under several buildings and strategic locations around King's Landing. It'd be too dangerous to have it under every single city street where a single stray spark anywhere in the city would send everything up.

>>Why didn't it catch everything surrounding it

See above.

>>Why did it burn orange

Wildfire burns off, and you're left with regular fire.

>>Why is Cersei the Queen now

No more living heirs to Robert. Previous queen is dead too. She's the last living wife of the former king and her family's armies are the largest military power in the region.

>>What's left for this show

White walkers come down. Dany arrives. Lots of people die. Everyone fights one another for a bit then join forces against the walkers.
>>
>>71317286
Except that is retarded because if they wanted to have a timeline that worked like that they could have cut the ~3 hours of random bullshit and added things that mattered and made it feel more sensible than Varys travelling in huge circles for no reason.
>>
>>71321818
dude, months have passed since Varys met with Olenna. Check the banners on the ships in the last scene. They are both Dorne AND Tyrell banners on them
>>
>>71329152
Dude, I make excuses for terrible writing/directing as well! Remember how Brienne killed both Hound and Stannis? Epic!
>>
>>71328281
>It's under several buildings and strategic locations around King's Landing. It'd be too dangerous to have it under every single city street where a single stray spark anywhere in the city would send everything up.
It's under the entire city in the books, every last inch.
>See above.
You see above.
>Wildfire burns off, and you're left with regular fire.
It doesn't, hell it didn't even in the Battle of Blackwater in the show.
>No more living heirs to Robert. Previous queen is dead too. She's the last living wife of the former king and her family's armies are the largest military power in the region.
Not how that works, it goes to the closest living Baratheon relative, not the Queen. Which at this point would be some random nobody. She would literally have to conquer the entirety of the Seven Kingdoms with said army.
>White walkers come down. Dany arrives. Lots of people die. Everyone fights one another for a bit then join forces against the walkers.
You would be correct.
>>
>>71319990
Convenient.
>>
>>71316949
>>71317035
>>71317416
>>71317368

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5oRxgphRc

fucking watch the show next time faggots. They probably didnt remove it from the Kings Landing underground because the damp tunnels was the safest place to store it.

Really bizarre that it wouldn't be guarded, though.
>>
>>71320508
dont you love just making stuff up
>>
>>71319647
Ever since she has short hair.
>>
>>71329291
How is that an excuse you faggot? You can obviously see the Tyrell and Dorne ships. Obviously time has passed and obviously Varys is going to be with Dany.
>>
>>71316949
>Why did it burn orange

i think you might be color blind bro
>>
>>71329715
The show should use some kind of measurement, to imply how much time passes between events. I mean we're not talking about some sort of super intellectual audience, most of the viewership consist on average people. So I don't know create something like .. the flame of the 30 moons , or the horn of the new winter .. I don't know something along the lines of 'so a month/a year passed' , the shot of the flame burning out, or getting lit would take like 40 seconds(they could even make danny speeches shorter), adding the sound of a horn would take 2 seconds..
Or they can keep this going on , and let people a) think everybody teleports b)everything is near c)that it has been like 6 months since they beheaded ned...
>>
Dragons vs white walkers obviously.
>>
>>71316949
>>71318736

Cersei has Qyburn. Euron has the dragon horn. Euron is going to use the dragon horn to cause Dany's dragons to burn their own fleets including Asha and Theon. Asha realizing that she can't take back the Iron Isles will turn on Dany. These women are going to eat each other alive and it's going to be great.
>>
>>71317722
I cringed hard at the first thing
>Full grown men gets stabbed ONCE by a CHILD...unable to walk, has to crawl to his death
>Little fragile girl, gets stabbed MULTIPLE times by trained ninja assassin, can swim, walk a couple of miles, with the need of some soup and a nap , can regain the ability of parkouring through the city.
>>
>>71320143
If wildfire is green, then why do muh dragenz breathe normal
>>
File: 1466746122574.jpg (43 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1466746122574.jpg
43 KB, 446x456
She becomes the queen because no one disputes the claim

>WOW they like totally didn't follow the line of succession to the letter of the law it wouldn't even make sense for her to be the ruler there would totally be a revolt after she killed all the other people with authority because that's what people in feudal societies do when rulers break the rules
>>
>>71318507

>people torturing the shit out of each other
>cutting dicks off
>killing whole villages of innocent people for no reason
>crucifying a bunch of people
>burning little girls alive

The fuck you say. Every one of the humans is evil as balls, except maybe fat boy. At this point I think the white walkers would be the good guys if they came in and rid the world of people.
>>
>>71317144
>deatain her

you really don't remember what happened when they tried that?
>>
>>71332689
Jamie is actually the next rightful monarch, assuming Robert's Rebellion deleted the Targs from the line of succession. Jamie and Cersei share a common ancestor with Robert Baratheon.
>>
>>71323503
Haven't you seen the intro? It's obviously inside a sphere so he just went up
>>
so why does the library have the GoT wiggly jiggly twirly contraption?
>>
File: lexicon.jpg (457 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
lexicon.jpg
457 KB, 1680x1050
>>71333145

Pretty sure they ganked it from the Dwemer.
>>
>>71323964
Varys is a faceless man of the house of black and white.
>>
>>71332998
Jaime lost that right when he became the King's Hand right?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.