[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Made a movie >Sold it to a distributor and keep 70 % cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Independence-Day-White-House1.jpg (156 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Independence-Day-White-House1.jpg
156 KB, 1000x500
>Made a movie
>Sold it to a distributor and keep 70 % cut of gross.
>Distributor sells it to their own shell company for $200
>Shell company releases it on self release platforms and takes 100 % of profits.
>Movie consistently in top 50 in every market and platform
>I made $200 off the bill of sale to their shell company.
>I expose them to the self distributor platform.
>They're all buddies and work together.
>Spent my life savings making this movie
>Can't expose them without getting sued and legal troubles.

FML
>>
>>71302972
That's why only idiots gamble.
>>
>>71303054
That is what I expect if I expose it, a ton of victim blaming. that is why I will not expose it . I will not only get sued but that on top of it get character assassination.
>>
>>71303243

did you make independence day?
>>
>>71303243
Why didn't you use a lawyer when you drafted up the agreement?
>>
>>71303243
Well you were retarded if you honestly thought you would get 70% cut of gross. I'm a moron and it doesn't even make sense to me that someone else would go out of their way to make someone else rich.
>>
>>71303382
I did and even they couldn't anticipate this would happen
>>
I'm really curious, what's the name of the movie? You're among friends here :^)
>>
>>71303625
>lawyers couldn't anticipate rights being sold to subsidiary

I got some bad news for you, senpai. You're either lying (on the internet) or your lawyers are complete idiots.
>>
>>71303740
This.

Seems like standard kike practice to me.
>>
>>71303625
You hired a really bad lawyer.
>>
>>71304566
A lawyer would literally have to be almost brainbdead not to see this possibility.
>>
>>71302972
>>Distributor sells it to their own shell company for $200

Really you should have known this when dealing with Jews
>>
>>71302972
What distributor was it? My mother's boyfriend is an amateur filmmaker, he's actually going through a court case with a distributor right now as well/
>>
Can we get hints?

What movie? What company?
>>
/pol/ is always right.

I legitimately feel for you OP and sympathy is rare as fuck on 4chan.

You don't have money but I hope you have good things in life in spite of that.
>>
>>71304784
Is he black?
>>
>>71302972
How have they commented this? The company you sold it to?

Also if you've already lost everything you might aswell tell everyone. If you let it go, they'll do it to someone else. There needs to be an example set for others that wanna try that shit.
>>
If this is true, even if you are SOL on the movie just make another one. If you have made a commercially successful movie, you probably will be able to get funding for another one. Network nigga
>>
>>71303595
this

>70% of gross???
serious bro? if you had negotiated even 5% of gross you would be pruducer status..

either Nigerian prince tier scam or simple anonymous internet lies
>>
Remember.
Return Of The Jedi never turned a profit according to its studios and they don't have to pay actors who signed up for residuals on the back end.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.