[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
thoughts?
>>
9.5/10 kino
>>
>>71302045
Masterpiece.
>>
Very good but also too slow for our times
>>
>>71302045
was the real lawrence of albania raped???
>>
It insists upon itself. Too pretentious for me. A film shouldn't present itself as being great but simply tell it's story and leave it for the viewer to decide if it good or not.
>>
>>71302045
Anyone who liked this should watch Theeb. It's pretty great.
>>
>>71303787
>Not understanding the whole point of the figure of TE Lawrence and thus, the film, this badly

This is high school level film studies shit, bud
>>
>>71303981
Explain it then
>>
>>71302045

Was Lawrence supposed to be super gay?
>>
Too long
>>
>>71303787
Sounds like you're the pretentious one, friend. It couldn't have told a better story more simply.
>>
>>71304013
In reality he was kind of asexual I think
>>
it's boring shite
>>
>>71304002
>A film shouldn't present itself as being great but simply tell it's story and leave it for the viewer to decide if it good or not

The problem is, you understood the film as presenting itself as being great when it was the character, Lawrence, presenting himself as great. The technical aspects of the film reflect Lawrence's self-presentation and thus, it may seem like the movie is "insisting" upon itself when it isn't. It's just telling Lawrence's story from his viewpoint.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.