[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw it today for the first time in my life and it is *literally*
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: citylights.jpg (990 KB, 1223x1819) Image search: [Google]
citylights.jpg
990 KB, 1223x1819
I saw it today for the first time in my life and it is *literally* _the_ comfiest film I've ever seen. Try to name more comfy film tip pro can't you.
>>
A Trick of the Light directed by Wim Wenders. Really comfy film
>>
>>71299739
who is Charlie Chaplin?
>>
have you seen any other Chaplin OP? If not I'd suggest watching The Circus or Modern Times next. I love pulling up one of his shorts on yt when I get an extra half hour
>>
>>71299868
Hitler's illegitimate brother
>>
>>71300035
Honestly this is my first Chaplin. My list of films to-watch also includes:
The Gold Rush
Monsieur Verdoux
Modern Times
Limelight (this one only if I really like all the others)
I have also seen Buster Keaton's The General recently and also loved it a lot, but City Lights is just on another level, it's not just comedy but very comfy film with love story and so many things.
>>
File: the little fellow.jpg (80 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
the little fellow.jpg
80 KB, 620x387
>>71300545
if you watch The Gold Rush make sure you grab the silent version instead of the 1942 re-release with unnecessary voiceover. I also prefer Chaplin to Keaton, mostly because I think Keaton operates best through the medium of short films; his ideas hinge so much on stuntwork that it all gets a little repetitive after awhile, and there's rarely (if ever) as much pathos in his films as there are in Chaplin's.

I hope you enjoy exploring Chaplin's filmography!
>>
File: young hitler.jpg (504 KB, 1960x3030) Image search: [Google]
young hitler.jpg
504 KB, 1960x3030
Charlie was a looker
I've always stayed away from his films because my grandma loved him and she had shit taste when it came to comedy
>>
File: buff hitler.jpg (22 KB, 236x434) Image search: [Google]
buff hitler.jpg
22 KB, 236x434
>>71300756
liked the cameo in Peaky Blinders
>>
>>71300729
I have Criterion copy with restored longer version, 1 hour 36 min. I think it is the silent one.
>>
Loved it!
>>
City Lights is in a class of its own. I saw it a few years ago at a golden age theatre, with an orchestra playing the score live. Was maybe the 12th time I'd seen it, and I cried.
>>
File: chaplin.jpg (71 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
chaplin.jpg
71 KB, 1200x630
who is the modern day chaplin?
>>
>>71300729
Btw since we have already mentioned it, can you recommend me something to watch by Keaton? I have only seen The General because it's the only one being mentioned here and there, I loved it but have no idea what to pick next.
>>
>>71301185
No one. He is too good. Also his films does no age at all. Modern day Chaplin = is still Chaplin.
>>
>>71301460
I haven't seen as many Keaton films as I have Chaplin, but Steamboat Bill Jr. is a good bet for a feature length effort. My favorite two-reelers of his are One Week and The Scarecrow.
>>
>>71300545

Watch Modern Times next. I might like that one even more than City Lights. The Great Dictator is also a classic.
>>
>>71301185
Tom hanks
>>
>Chaplin thread on /tv/

All is not lost.
>>
>>71299739

Fuck that communist jew and his propaganda films. I'm glad he was forced to leave America. I only wish it had happened sooner.
>>
File: Imagine a world without whites.jpg (136 KB, 948x676) Image search: [Google]
Imagine a world without whites.jpg
136 KB, 948x676
>>71304937

Fuck you and your stupid anti-white racism.
>>
File: AfricaNeedsWhitePeople.jpg (886 KB, 500x2812) Image search: [Google]
AfricaNeedsWhitePeople.jpg
886 KB, 500x2812
>>71305963

I kek'd so hard...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.