[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
thoughts?
>>
Too shaky.
>>
Meme movie tier
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466910026477.webm
>>
>>71299158
Kek this looks like a good time
>>
>>71299086
It was actually quite hilarious.
>>
>>71299086
Surprisingly enjoyable. Your opinion will probably depend on if you found the concept repetitive or not. I thought there were enough neat setpieces and sequences to be engaging.

Also think it's more enjoyable if you see it as a movie where the audience is the main character, kind of like a theme park ride, as opposed to it just being a POV movie.
>>
Dreck (The opposite of kino)
>>
I liked the ending

Bit hard to tell what was going on at times though
>>
>>71299086
AKAN'S A CUNT

the most fun I had in the last years watching a movie, fucking awesome, Copley killed it
>>
File: bacon face.jpg (239 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
bacon face.jpg
239 KB, 1280x850
>>71299086
I've seen it once, enjoyed, and laughed. It was quite entertaining. Haven't bothered watching it again, but if or when it hits the premium movie cable channels I'll probably watch it until I get sick of it.
>>
At times I couldn't make out what Sharlito Copley was saying, and thats a bad thing when he's basically the one giving out huge monologues of exposition; made the plot a bit hard to follow. Also the villain was awful. I enjoyed the action scenes alot though, they were really fun and inventive.

(Did this feel like a first person Matthew Vaughn film for anyone else?)

The song and dance number in Jimmy's lair with all his avatars was pure kino too. All in all the movie was a great ride. A solid 2.5 out of 5, would watch a sequel if released.
>>
File: 1322798589001.jpg (41 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1322798589001.jpg
41 KB, 384x395
>>71301701
>At times I couldn't make out what Sharlito Copley was saying
>>
>DUDE blue and orange lmao
>>
It was a fun flick. Got kind of nauseating at the end though when he was fighting that army at the end though.
>>
>>71301701
I liked the villain. The line about bats and baseballs was hilarious.
>>
File: my boy sharlto.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
my boy sharlto.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
I really like Sharlto and enjoyed all that I've seen him in. I'm down to watch it just for him desu
>>
>>71302123
Was it true though? I mean who would even keep the statistics? 50 baseballs?
>>
>>71299086
Such a fucking blast, but quite small niche

For people who grew up watching those action movies and/or cult films in the 80s and 90s and/or played / plays a lot of videogames

I can see why most people would hate it.
It's the film I've enjoyed the most this year so far, by far. The ending while a bit silly was fun as fuck. Should be watched with some mates.

Behind the scenes was pretty interesting too

Just like the director said he wanted this film to be, it's the sort of film that you see once, and only really rewatch it to show others. The sort of film you ask someone if they've seen, and when they say no, you rewatch but with them seeing how they react to it, and then by word of mouth it spreads. Director seems based and knows it's a very small niche out there and seems quite aware of how generally awful the film is by most real standards. He's a musician in a band for fuck's sake.

EZ
>>
>>71302195
No idea, but intuitively speaking it seems accurate,
>>
>>71301701
Ohhh sharlitoooo, I heard o' you man, used to run smack with rolandooo riiiight?
>>
>>71302264
kek
>>
>>71302214
Also lemme add in my contempt for utter pussies that say they 'couldn't tell what was going on,' or worse 'felt sick / had to stop watching because felt sick.'
These are on par with those who say they felt sick watching 48fps movies, who feel sick from any chromatic aberation effects who are probably the same people that say there is no visible difference between 24fps, 30fps, 60fps and 144fps

It's inevitable that any discussion of this film will delve into videogames somewhat, but even if we just talk about movies, what the fuck is wrong with people that anything changing in the actual mechanism of delivering visual content gets them to cry like little bitches.
My main theory is that these complaints of motion sickness et cetera come from cunts who have literally never done anything outside before, be it mountain climbing or jogging or hiking or literally any sport ever, and they probably have no sense of spacial awareness too.

Fuck
>>
>>71302389
I agree

I felt it twice in my peepee when he jumped and loved it
>>
>>71302389
I doubt that's the case. Some people simply can't handle the first person perspective.
>>
>>71302389
My father literally cannot play a FPS without complaining that it hurts his eyes.
I however thrive in the first person perspective.

I think it varies from person to person.
>>
>>71302482
How the fuck do they tie their shoes in the morning?

I understand that it's different to see first person on a flat screen, but it's not far fetched to say that normal movies are also same-but-different - they offer wide shots, they are on a flat screen with no depth - we still use some parts of our imagination to imagine the depth there, it's not much different to using a bit of imagination to get around those fisheye type effects or imagine yourself moving in first person to get over the blurring effects when the character looks around.

>>71302550
Would you say it would come down to something genetic, or upbringing? and if upbringing, are people born okay but nurtured out of handling these things, or are people born unable to handle them but are trained to stand these things? What would influence this? Getting out and about doing movement-heavy things like extreme / outdoors sports? Playing videogames?
>>
>>71302670
My guess would be it stems from exposure.
I would bet if you took a poll, the people that complain about their heads hurting and getting sick are generally 30+ whereas most kids are probably just fine.
Nowadays, FPS is everywhere in youth culture, so we've adapted to it.
I would say you might be onto something about sports and other fully immersive activities increasing focusing ability, but like I said, I don't have concrete numbers.
>>
I hope he makes a sequel. The movie did make money, right?
>>
based fucking sharlto
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.